Travelling to Luxor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Travelling to Luxor

Post by hatusu »

I'm a very nervous traveller, and even after checking the government websites I still wasn't 100% sure if I needed a 48hr PCR before travelling next month, even though I'd had 2 lots of the Pfizer vaccine. So to settle my nerves I sent an email to Egyptair and within hrs got this reply back from them. I know most of you will know this already but this is for any other nervous travellers like myself who need reassurance.....

"Thank you for contacting EGYPTAIR.

With reference to your e-mail, kindly be informed that Passengers can enter Egypt without PCR if he/she has an approved certificate with a QR code from the country issued the certificate (the certificate will be reviewed and examined, and in case of any scraping, cancellation or addition, the certificate will not be accepted). (In case the vaccination certificate is issued without QR code in the country that the passenger coming from, the certificate will be accepted if it is approved from the Egyptian Embassy in this country)

Passengers are required to be fully vaccinated with one of the vaccines approved by World Health Organization and The Egyptian Medicines Authority.

Passengers can travel to Egypt after 14 days of receiving the second dose of (Pfizer / AstraZeneca / Moderna / Sinopharm / Sinovac / Sputnik) or after 14 days of receiving the first dose of Johnson & Johnson.

** not vaccinated passengers Egypt MUST be in possession of negative PCR test (96) hours (before departure time of the last direct flight to Egypt) Issued by an authorized accredited laboratory and stamped with the laboratory’s stamp OR with a QR code “instead of the laboratory stamp” and does not contain scraping, cancellation or addition "

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Re: Travelling to Luxor

Post by BBLUX »

A useful post thank you Hatusu. Do you have any insight as to the need of the travel insurance that was being mentioned a while ago. It seemed pointless.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@hatusu

Presumably you have some kind of certificate issued with QR code. If so, you’re ok.

@ BBLux

En route to Egypt you’re handed a Health Declaration Form for completion. Different forms exist but most ask you to confirm you have insurance. However, no details are required and I've never heard of anyone being asked to supply details.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I don't usually purchase travel insurance but did so last year because I was told we HAD to have it, but nobody checked it. I bought just a week's basic travel insurance this year for £60 which I consider would be worth having just in case my luggage went missing.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

BBLUX wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:04 pm A useful post thank you Hatusu. Do you have any insight as to the need of the travel insurance that was being mentioned a while ago. It seemed pointless.
This is the form Egyptair give out. Other airlines have similar forms.

https://www.egyptair.com/en/about-egypt ... %A8%29.pdf
Chris
Egypt

Post by Chris »

I am also travelling back to my home in Luxor next month. Egyptair advised me that I did not need a PCR test as I am double vaccinated. However the Travel Declaration Form for Egypt requires you to indicate your insurance details
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

Interesting. Living in France we have both been fully vaccinated and carry the EU Pass Sanitaire.
Not sure I can even get health insurance now as I am over 75. We shall see next January.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Chris
Egypt

Post by Chris »

I am also over 75 and I was able to get Travel Insurance
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

Thanks For confirming Chris. I have since checked with our French Insurance company and they will provide cover...at a price.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

BBLUX wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:12 pm Thanks For confirming Chris. I have since checked with our French Insurance company and they will provide cover...at a price.
The Egyptair health declaration form asks you to certify that you are covered by an overseas medical plan. That could be almost anything!

As they don’t require details beyond the name of the insurer, and nobody checks the form - other than to see you’ve signed it - I wouldn’t be too concerned. 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I will just put on the required insurance section Direct Usable Sanitary Accredited K-medplan lol.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:57 am I will just put on the required insurance section Direct Usable Sanitary Accredited K-medplan lol.
That’ll do.

Sounds like a Cunning Plan 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

At times I can be quite a cunninglinguist 😛
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

Sounds more like a cunning stunt!!!!
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Last year I took out 1 week of travel insurance, not declaring any medical conditions. As such it would not even have covered cancellation, delay or baggage, But I had a piece of paper that I could show if required, I paid £15 per person for this piece of paper with https://travel.switchedoninsurance.com/?promo=SUPER25 .

If it was going to save any hassle at an Egyptian airport then I considered it money well spent.

I will be looking for a similar policy this year just in case I meet some jobs'orth at the airport.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Brian Yare wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:11 am Last year I took out 1 week of travel insurance, not declaring any medical conditions. As such it would not even have covered cancellation, delay or baggage, But I had a piece of paper that I could show if required, I paid £15 per person for this piece of paper with https://travel.switchedoninsurance.com/?promo=SUPER25 .

If it was going to save any hassle at an Egyptian airport then I considered it money well spent.

I will be looking for a similar policy this year just in case I meet some jobs'orth at the airport.
Exactly what i did!

I considered that the fact the insurance company wouldn’t pay up in the event Of my requiring hospitalisation etc would be my problem....rather than the Egyptian government’s :ct

But I was able to complete the declaration with a (reasonably) clear conscience.
Chris
Egypt

Post by Chris »

At Cairo airport on Sunday I handed in my declaration form - the guy did not even look at it - just put it on the pile!