Terra Cotta Pots

Members can place small adverts here for items they wish to buy or sell. Job offers can be placed here too. Please do not put commercial adverts in this section as we do not wish to offend anyone by removing them.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.
Advertise your business on Egypt4u, email us at info@luxor4u.com for more information.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Terra Cotta Pots

Post by carrie »

There used to be a place along Movenpick Road that sold nice Terra Cotta pots but it seems to have gone anyone any idea I can get some, large ones needed.
Completely off subject but Movenpick Road had it's name changed to Mubarak Touristic Way before the Rev. can remember all the new signs going up is it back to Movenpick Road now or has it officially got another name?

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Terra Cotta Pots

Post by BENNU »

carrie wrote: Movenpick Road had it's name changed to Mubarak Touristic Way before the Rev. can remember all the new signs going up is it back to Movenpick Road now or has it officially got another name?
A couple of days I noticed a sign saying Awameya Road. Don't know about the pots, though.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

He was called Abu Hamza he has moved out past the airport road towards teeba, well he was there 2 years ago… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Who2 wrote:He was called Abu Hamza he has moved out past the airport road towards teeba, well he was there 2 years ago… :cool:
He was there still last weekend just before the golf course.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I bought a lot of this man before he moved. Good value for money, but don't make the same expensive mistake that I did. If you are placing plants in them, pay a bit extra for fully glazed ones as after three years the unglazed pots literally turn back to clay. And if you find one you like the look of, give it a hard rap with your knuckles. A tinny sound means stay clear as its a bad firing, a more solid [thunk] sound is a good buy and not good buy to your hard earned cash.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Thats a good tip Dusak. We bought a load a few years ago and many have now begun to break up because they were unfired.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thanks for the info will take my little hammer.