Calor gaz heaters????????

Members can place small adverts here for items they wish to buy or sell. Job offers can be placed here too. Please do not put commercial adverts in this section as we do not wish to offend anyone by removing them.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.
Advertise your business on Egypt4u, email us at info@luxor4u.com for more information.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Maakari
United Kingdom

Calor gaz heaters????????

Post by Maakari »

Hi, it is Miss Needy here again!. I am always asking for something.
I have just bought my Mother a small calor Gaz heater for Christmas. She only has eletric heating out in the sticks and it is handy to have in cupboard if the power goes off in the winter. It got me thinking, Is there anywhere in Luxor that sells this type of heater, for those chilly winter evenings??? (if there is a good supply of bottled gas that is !)
I not seen one, and T'other half is looking at me as tho' I am an Alien (I do not think he knows exactly what I am talking about!)

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Calor gaz heaters????????

Post by DJKeefy »

Ive not seen them Maakari

In the villages (ones i go to) they have a real fires in there houses normally in one of those metal things that look like a wok without the handle, but I am sure you dont want to do that :lol:

I always smile when it's cold and see the Egyptians lighting a fire in the middle of the street/road :)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

First of all there's not much benefit in having a calor gas heater in a cupboard, you need to have it in the room you spend your time in. :up There is nowhere in Luxor that sells them, but, I am told, you can get them in the big H. [this was three years ago]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Only seen Patio Gas heaters, but at the moment we still have our conditioners on to cool the place down. Think you will mainly find oil filled radiators, halogen heaters (Has effective as lighting a match at a football ground) the best is having Air conditioners that also can be reversed to heaters for the Winter.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

This time of year one needs to warm up the house, mind you if it's not made of Mud then what's the point.
Warm in Winter and Cool in Summer, funny those ancients they knew a thing or two…..:cool:
Ps: I am sure I can find something similar I shall wonder around the junk shops, one would be dead easy to make….
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

I believe some housholds use the gas cooker to heat up the home.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Don't talk to me about cool/heat air cons!!!!!!!!! We already had aircon units to move into new flat. The flat is ready now YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! (The Pyramids took less time, i am sure!!!!) We asked owner could we move electrical stuff in before, or at least get the air con man and electrician to check out what needed doing before moving day. Well, He said no, not until the flat is all decorated etc. I did say surely it is better to do fixings before nice colour paint goes up, with all the associated mess that entails (Dusak, you know ehre I am coming from on this !!!!!!!!)
Well here we, are tomorrow is moving day, Deposit all ready paid, rent done, key availiable. Air con man went in this morning............our air con is not suitable for how the contractors built the walls and where the units will go, he would have to knock the brand new pristine walls about to cobble them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not going to go there I am afraid. So we are going to have to buy new units! Had we been allowed to get the air con man in we would have known this months ago AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So any way that was what set me thinking about gaz heater. Because our units had heating units in 'em!!!!!!!
What else is good if the weather does decide to get chillier later on????????????
Kim

Post by Kim »

C.E. is right about the halogen heaters I bought one when I was there for the winter and it was no good at all :cry:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The oil filled radiators are good though, I had one in my big bedroom at the last flat I was in, my bedroom was always nice and warm, I only had the dial on the thermostat just over half way too :)
Billy_whiz

Post by Billy_whiz »

Yes I can recommend the oil filled radiators too. We have 3, one in the bedroom and 2 in the big living room, but haven't felt the need to switch any of them on just yet. I saw some in Ragab supermarket a couple of weeks ago and they were cheaper than the one we bought in Spinneys in Hurghada last winter
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Thanks every one!
Will seek and secure some oil filled rads if available.............................Any one up for 2nd hand Air con units?????!!!!!!!!
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Good selection also in Sharrif's opposite KZ's in TV Street
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I suppose the make of the halogen heater determines as to whether its any good or not. I have heater units in my air cons but don't use them as they give me a dry throat. I have a three bar halogen in my main room which is very large and it gets really hot. I'm always turning it down, but soon cools the room off so I have to turn it back up, but at least I get extra exercise. I also had six large oil filled rads but sold them last year as being near useless to warm a room unless you left them on all day in winter, then you would get a power cut. Speaking of gas, my friend tells me in her village and the surrounding ones that they are now demanding 85Le per canister due to an acute shortage.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:I have heater units in my air cons but don't use them as they give me a dry throat.
Use a humidifier or place a bowl of water in the room, turn the unit down to about 25C which will keep your room warm but wont keep the unit running constantly.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Thanks for the tip Keefy, but unfortunately bowls of water and four cats just don't get on. As one of the cats and the swimming pool when full doesn't, or two of them when I use the sprinkler to water the plants. Leave the bathroom door open when I'm indulging in 'down time' under the shower? First thing I have to do when dry is get the mop and bucket out. :lol: