Hotel crockery, anyone?

Members can place small adverts here for items they wish to buy or sell. Job offers can be placed here too. Please do not put commercial adverts in this section as we do not wish to offend anyone by removing them.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.
Advertise your business on Egypt4u, email us at info@luxor4u.com for more information.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Hotel crockery, anyone?

Post by Teddyboy »

When we first started visiting Luxor, we bought some hotel crockery as souvenirs. We're currently in England, for Christmas, and trying to create some space and these are going to have to go.

The Egyptian Hotels Company example came from the Winter Palace, and the other is self explanatory. Are they of any interest to anyone at a fiver each plus postage and packing, or if you're in Luxor you can collect after the New Year?

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Hotel crockery, anyone?

Post by Who2 »

I think that 'nicking hotel crockery is the 'lowest of the low...
Ps: Haven't got any towels or bathrobes ? going cheap ? have you ?
I was conceived in a hotel...... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

This crockery, The Egyptian Hotels Co logo was all cleared out long long ago when Pullman took over the running of the Winter Palace, it was sent round to the Luxor Hotel, where it remained in use until the place closed. What ever remained after this was given to Shounda at Hammes in the gardens, where he recently informed me some one was nicking them,,......now we know,......for God sake, they're not even china. :urm: .

P.S. - I would stick to trying to sell yer old copies of Private Eye. ..........:wi .

P.P.S . - A fiver, are you taking the pi**.

P.P.P.S. - You come on here only to sell stuff,...it's a forum, not an agency for car boot sale crap,...............you'll be putting grannie up next. :py .
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

If you look at the second photo, it is from the Emilio. I find it hard to believe a 3-star hotel could find a market for its crockery, even as a souvenir. Winter Palace has historical significance, Egyptian Hotels Company has historical significance, but the Emilio????

Punching policemen, stealing cups and saucers...
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

No wonder Teddyboy no longer posts when he has to endure, like some others, such a hostile reception from members. Yes, this is a forum about Egypt/Luxor, but one with an excepted section for selling stuff. Perhaps it would of been better to simply ask him how he acquired the items instead of calling him a thief.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.