Is it just me?

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Is it just me?

Post by carrie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 am

Is it just me or is it a "woman's" thing, but every so often this urge comes over me for a change. Move all the furniture around to see if looks better somewhere else. Now this isn't a one off done it before and believe me it's not easy especially when it is so hot. I have a 7 foot bookcase that is full of books all the books have to be taken out so that I can move the bookcase, then the settees, a quarter of the way through now and having a cuppa and a contemplate more likely than not when I have finished I will decide that I liked things as they were and have to move them all back.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Is it just me?

Post by newcastle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:14 am

carrie wrote:Is it just me or is it a "woman's" thing, but every so often this urge comes over me for a change.
I expect there may be clinics in Cairo that can assist you.....but think of the hassle of getting a new wardrobe :P

Seriously.....I think it's probably an urge we all have from time to time.

Occasionally, I have an urge to clean my apartment - particularly the hair left by the cat - but I usually take a deep breath, stay calm and cool off in the pool.

As Quentin Crisp said about housework : After four years the dirt doesn't get any worse :lol:

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am

Yep, been there, done that - more times than I care to think about!!! When the urge comes over me I try to fight it - wine and chocolate help ;)

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 am

You've hit on a sore point with this one. Over the last eight years her upstairs has constantly moved all her furniture around each room, about four times a year per room. She even does the same to the heavy planters outside. I always thought it must be a German thing. But now at least she gives me prior warning that the huffing and puffing and scraping and banging is about to begin. :lol: PS. She will read this so no doubt make a comment next we have coffee. :D Personally I don't like moving my stuff about cos that means you can see the dust squares, so then you have to clean up.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:11 pm

I remember my late mother-in law who stood a regal 5 foot 1 inch and got stuck on the turn of the stairs behind a Victorian wardrobe that she was moving from one floor to another by herself. She had to wait to be rescued for a couple of hours as there were certainly no mobile phones at that time. ;)

PS I do it a lot. :oops:
Smile! It confuses people

Shams

Post by Shams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Dusak wrote:You've hit on a sore point with this one. Over the last eight years her upstairs has constantly moved all her furniture around each room, about four times a year per room. She even does the same to the heavy planters outside. I always thought it must be a German thing. But now at least she gives me prior warning that the huffing and puffing and scraping and banging is about to begin. :lol: PS. She will read this so no doubt make a comment next we have coffee. :D Personally I don't like moving my stuff about cos that means you can see the dust squares, so then you have to clean up.
Oh yes, she will make a comments when ist's coffee time :ct

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Let him have it Shams :up :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 am

Over many years before coming here I spent a lot of my time trapped behind an item of furniture I was certain that I could maneuver around those confounded tight turns. It was always easy to get them stuck, but impossible to put the maneuver in reverse. And it was always the fault of the person that was so called helping you that was always on the down stairs side. :x
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 am

My wardrobe is huge and when I was moving from the third floor on the east bank to the west I needed it moving. I spent ages writing on the doors, shelves etc. numbers and arrows so that when it had been dismantled it would be easy to assemble again. No way. No matter how I explained when I got here that that piece went there and this here. Another stupid woman trying to interfere, you can see it going through their minds as they look at you. Eventually after trial and error they got it right. Same with men in the UK and flat pack they know how to do it never mind the instructions. Might take us women 5 minutes to read the plan but we do get it right much faster in the end.