Always Broke

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Always Broke

Post by BENNU » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:18 am

:a32:

In a lovely park in Copenhagen, I was having a colourful spinach wrap and a fresh beetroot juice with ginger, just the way I like it. Next to me on the bench were shopping bags with five MAC lipsticks, three silk tops, three pretty handbags and a skirt, all in different shades of pink. I had even bought a pair of rose tinted glasses in case I should go to Cyprus, but it seems that I shall be spending most of the summer - and my money - in Copenhagen.

My lunch break was over and the hunt continued: a gold skirt, sparkling makeup to match it from Maccosmetics, two dresses for the winter's galas in Cairo, a piece of art in the form of a beautifully printed wool shawl and a gorgeous perfume that I just cannot stop sniffing from my wrist. I bought the softest nappa boots and a cardigan, Hepzibah, inspired by the mosaics of Lisbon - I had been praying to find that one on sale since I saw it last time, I was in Scandinavia.

It looked like rain and I jumped on a bus home with my take away dinner: a box of handmade chocolates. I may have to survive on oatmeal for a while after spoiling myself on the final days of the summer sale. I still cannot afford me a husband this year.

I got off the bus, inhaling one of my favourite fragrances, second only to the Nile in Aswan: summer rain. The air had been rinsed, but the seats in front of my local cafe were dry, so I put down my new treasures on a chair and had myself a nice cup of coffee a minute's walk from my own kettle - a rare treat.

Two very loud young women at the next table were admiring their purchases: elegant blouses, scarves and necklaces from high end Danish designer brands, Tommy Hilfiger pumps and Marc Jacob's perfumes, all with yellow stickers on the price tags, of course.

:a69: :a69:

"Do you realise that we spend 624 crowns (1560 EGP) each week on lattes?"

"1184 on latte and Dark'n' Stormy!"

"1484 on latte, Dark'n' Stormy and Aperol Spritz!"

"And a thousand on taxis! How much is that per year?"

"Smoothies and mortgage!"

"I only pay interest."

"Your home is fantastic, it has been a good investment!"

"This is getting too complicated for mental arithmetic, I need a calculator!"

She reached for her phone and the other woman screamed:

:a66:

"You got a new phone!?"

"Yes, he gave it to me."

"Oh, just about time, he gave you something - he never buys you anything!"

"I am not sure how to feel about this, I really need your opinion:
He bought a new iPhone for himself and gave me the old one. I often took it from him for fun and said that it was for me, but I was joking because I was envious.
Now - I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I deserve better than a second hand phone."

"Yes you do! Did he pay for his own phone?"

"No, it came with his job, so he no longer needed this one. When he said he had a surprise for me, I expected something nicer than his old phone."

"He should have bought you a new one and sold his own! He did not even buy you anything in Paris!"

"He did pay for the ticket, the hotel and all the restaurants."

"He should have taken you shopping - you were in Paris!"

"Yes, he could have treated me to some couture! He knows that I am always broke!"

:a17:

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Always Broke

Post by carrie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 am

Bennu I wish I could write like you, you always make your observations so alive.
I hope you have enjoyed your festival,which I guess is over now, and are now enjoying a little retail therapy.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:07 am

I will take the sarcasim about Rose Tinted Glasses BENNU. Lets hope if and you get the opportunity to get to Cyprus you purchase the exspensive ones that filter the good out so you can have your say again, and not the El Cheapo ones the just filter out filth, camal/donkey droppings, blocked canals, rubbsh strewn streets etc etc I could carry on but dont want my fingers to get RSI.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 am

“Carnal/donkey droppings”............the mind boggles! :))) :)))

Oops.....I see it was “camal”.... :oops:

Never mind....”.sarcasim”, ”exspensive”, “ rubbsh” will have to do for this morning’s offering.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 am

It's those rose tinted glasses that do it. They filter out the spelling mistakes.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:52 am

:tk Perhaps I should just stay here - and let the men pay. :ct

hatusu
Egypt

Post by hatusu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:01 pm

I promise you I'll never be able to follow behind a donkey again without thinking of Carnal Donkey Droppings.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 pm

'I still cannot afford me a husband this year.'

Oh how those words resonate with me. Indeed, I have used similar lines to that many times when in Egypt.
:lol:

It's good to read that you continue to live your life in your own, wonderfully colourful way. Your postings are like threads in a precious tapestry - one that the weaver had an image for, but would not be constrained to. Threads of different textures, colour, and value, each intricately woven according to the master weaver's desire. The pattern changes, but the beauty remains the same.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley