Egyptian Make Up

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

PRchick

Post by PRchick »

OMG Contessa. Did you not like it because it didn't go with your skin color or you don't usually wear makeup? I wear makeup every day but light as I am white to the point of transparent. I wear a light grease-free foundation like cover girl or estee lauder. I have to have a rose colored blush to put color into my face. But, in Luxor, my friends always ask me not to put any make up on. Even lip gloss. Still can't get over that.

A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux »

We're still waiting for the picture Countessa :co:

warda

Post by warda »

One more thing!
If you want to disguise yourself to look like an egyptian woman it really easy with all that makeup.
I have this wonderful powder which girls here call 'pan cake' and when you wet a sponge and add powder with this you can make your face look like an egg and then just paint on what ever look you want :lol:
It's actually very good powder and also water proof. My friend who is a dancer visited here and did buy that for her show makeup ;)
During summer I often look like a tomato and when I put a bit of this miracle product on which is exactly my skin color, I'm fresh and ready to go :P

My SIL has this same face powder but hers is in PINK color. I think makeup here looks lots like 80's style.

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

Looks a bit like Michael Jackson - I wonder if he took the inspiration for his look from Egypt? :lol: :lol:
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

amanda

Post by amanda »

When i get married I would really like to get my hair and make-up done there in a salon, but on my recent trip we were invited to a friends egyptian wedding and the bride's make-up looked as though it was put on with a spade. I love make-up but they make their faces so white and the eye make-up, shocking blue or green. I quite like to eye-liner shape but apart from that nothing else. It would be horrible to have it done on your special day and come out looking like you have stage makeup on. What does a girl do?? can you have any say in what they put on your face as regards to colours and heavyness of the make-up. I think it would all come off anyway cause I will be sweating like a pig and my merrangue wedding dress lol
forever, Amanda xx

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]I suppose the best thing to do is to go and talk to the make up girls before hand taking along your own make up and maybe some magazine pictures of the kind of image you are trying to create for yourself.

Bridal make up is often a bit heavier to compensate for the photographer/give that studio look but I agree it dosen't need to be applied with a spade and yard brush. :roll: [/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

I think Amanda that for your Wedding Day you would be better doing your make up yourself, that way you know you will like it and feel more confident. The Egyptians don't often wear (much) make up and so tend to go overboard for a Wedding Day. Good Luck :D
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image

warda

Post by warda »

I do agree with Mimimay and think you should do your own makeup.
The quality of products in salon is not that good and color palette they use may not suit to your colors.

I have never let egyptian hairdresser make my hair because I'm afraid they would burn my hair or something else awful. Are there anybody who has been brave and had her hair done and been happy with results?

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

So we getting married .very nice i thought you was already must have read wrong good luck ..
:le:
Massinah On Luxor

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

warda wrote:
I have never let egyptian hairdresser make my hair because I'm afraid they would burn my hair or something else awful. Are there anybody who has been brave and had her hair done and been happy with results?
I've had my hair colored twice in egypt . . . they did a good job. it was the blowdrying part that bothered me. I felt like they were trying to pull my hair out by the roots since they insisted on extremely hot setting as they tried to "straighten" it . . . flat as a board!!! OUCH!!! I dont ever do that myself as I like my curly frizzy hair, lol!
CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess »

Definitely agree with Warda and Mimimay - if you want a light natural look, you will NEVER get it here in the salons! I once made the mistake of letting my sister in law loose on my face for my wedding........ We fought and we squabbled and I got ornery so am scowling on the majority of the pics. But when I look at the pics, I must admit that I don't look as bad as I could have done if she'd have used anything except for my makeup!
I go to the hairdressers here - and it's definitely an experience. The first time I nearly cacked my pants. I have very, very long hair - and I just wanted a trim. Took my mum along to hold my hand as it was my first time in Egypt. I went to the best salon I could find - didn't want any of those side street butchers loose on my hair. Walid told me to flip my hair forward so all my hair hung in front of my face. Then he sort of half brushed it and held it in a big clump and cut what looked like 6 inches off. I heard my mum keel over in panic - and all I could think was "Bugger" but then I thought oh well - it's done now. He then flipped my head back and my mum was sitting there trembling waiting for me to erupt. And then he showed me....... It was the most perfect cut I ever had - a perfect V with a graded cut giving layers at the bottom. Was fantastic!!!! and in 10 minutes too! Used to have to sit for an hour in England!
But at the time I was still in shock so declined the blow dry. Mum uses the same salon now too when she's over - she gets cuts and colours, blow drys and it always looks fantastic. It takes them a few goes to get used to your hair - but after that that can do it perfectly!

I have had my hair straightened a few times. The first time I nearly passed out - I swear my hair was smoking!!!! I thought my head was going to erupt in flames too. Takes almost an hour to straighten all my hair - but when it's done - it's so sleek and shiney. I've had it straightened and then artificially curled too so I had gorgeous big ringlets. One thing I have learned is - never have your hair done in the summer - big waste of money! After sitting for an hour with all the torture getting it straight - I then stepped out of the salon and the humidity had it all frizzy a few hours later.

I think my mum pays 80 LE for a colour, cut and blow dry, and I pay 20 LE for a cut and 40 LE for a cut and straightning.

warda

Post by warda »

OMG you are so brave Goddess and Catherine. That hair straightening part is something I would be afraid. In my mind I can see in my hair smoking and breaking and me end up being bald...
I have a friend who went for a cut here in Luxor and ladies in hairdresser were absolutely shocked when she insisted she wants a very short cut. She never got it short enough here as they didn't believe she really meant short.

I haven't been in hairdresser for years and I have also very long hair (I trim it myself). I'm really bored of it and would like to try something different. May be I just should change the color... Has anybody here tried henna? I have blond hair and I was wondering how much carrot like I would look. This should already be in the other thread I guess :lol:

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

I had mine straightened cause i wanted to know what its like not bushy cause wearing hijab and big hair does not go down too good .But come saturday im going back to my ROOTS :D cause me dehijabed off my head for some time im rebelling .Im at my hormonal stage of menapausal :cry:im confused about my life .:evil:
Massinah On Luxor

thomoll

Post by thomoll »

Mass, aren't you a bit young for menopause? Have you had a blood test to check you're perimenopausal? It could be something else.

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

thomoll wrote:Mass, aren't you a bit young for menopause? Have you had a blood test to check you're perimenopausal? It could be something else.
No im on a early change and my periods are well off scale heavy clots i cannot even leave the house for at least 3days good job im work mostly from home but then im very well comfortably off .I get lots of sweats ewwwwwwwww and im look manky still beautiful but getting manky .
:lol:
Massinah On Luxor

thomoll

Post by thomoll »

Oh dear, poor you!

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

thomoll wrote:Oh dear, poor you!
Hey girl im a survivor and im happy as a larry .
Massinah On Luxor

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

thomoll wrote:Oh dear, poor you!
I was once stationed at colchester barraks for 2weeks loved it ,
and i was in uni ,Romford you hear of it .I was in lodgings in 33 cosby road dagenham :D Gosh memories .
Massinah On Luxor

thomoll

Post by thomoll »

Romford is just down the road. What were you doing at the Barracks. In the army?

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO »

You are so funny Massinah :) :lol: :lol: