The Secret

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Shareen

The Secret

Post by Shareen »

Has anyone either read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne? Or watched the dvd?
I have both and enjoyed them thoroughly. Basically they discuss the Law of Attraction, and following on from LL's post about negative energies effecting us, I just thought I would share this.

The book advocates the old saying "what goes around, comes around" and tells us that whatever we have in our lives comes from ourselves. We attract what we send out. So if we send out love, we get love back. If we share our wealth, it will come back to us.

Put in very simple terms, if we send out positive thoughts about what we want, we will receive. Its an easy concept and very simple, but at the same time it is easy to think we are sending out positive thoughts, when in reality those thoughts are negative.

So we should never say what we DON'T want, as you can be sure that is precisely what we WILL get.

http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html

Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

My brother has just been sent a copy. I will have to borrow it.
I beleive positive thoughts are so important. just like that movie
What the Bleep do we know.

Regards
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

There is a book out (but I do not know what it is called) about luck. The basic concept is that you attract your own luck. I think that is the same as positive thoughts. If you stay the eternal optimist then 'luck' will follow you about.
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Luck has nothing to do with The Secret. Its all about attracting exactly what we want, and how to do it. Optimism is fine, and a sunny outlook will always be good for us, but we have to do more to attract what we want, and its harder to put the Law of Attraction into practice than we think.
lol, I am currently attracting a lottery win! I just have to remember to buy a ticket!
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

That is what I meant by luck - the law of attraction. :)
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Luck will provide you with things that you may not have asked for, although normally luck is good, but it can also be bad.
The Law of Attraction and its correct use provides whatever it is you ask for. Whether that be money (and it may mean you are shown a means to attract money rather than being giving a lottery win), or it could mean love, and if its a mate you want, you can describe him/her in minute detail, and he/she will be brought to you. Luck would never provide that kind of detail, whether it be good or bad.
Of course you can also attract bad things, even if you are asking for good.
For example, you should never state what you do NOT want..... as the cosmos/universe does not see the negative, it only sees what it is that you do not want, and you will attract it. So if, for example, I said I did not want to pay for an expensive flight to Luxor, then all flights I attracted would be expensive...... as it is the words "expensive flights" that I would be attracting. I would need to say I wanted a cheap flight.
Ok, so that is a very simplistic view of an interesting book. And I still have a lot to read and re-read...... but I am certainly giving it a go!
Manifesting like crazy here! Mainly, enough money to live in Luxor for one year as a tourist!
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

[face=Comic Sans MS]We have the DVD and the CD's of the book being read (hubby is not big on reading in Arabic or English, cant sit still long enough :lol: !) he has it in the car when he is out and about. We are Network Marketers and were recommended this and I must say that I have seen a change in myself I have banished most negative thoughts and even though what I was hoping for hasn't happened yet I believe it will eventually! Would recommend it to anyone who has an open mind and also Noel Edmonds' book 'Postively Happy'[/face]
Do or do not there is no try! Yoda
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

[face=Comic Sans MS]Sorry doing two things at once and clicked refresh on the wrong one :oops: [/face]
Do or do not there is no try! Yoda
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Glad you think the same as me Nanny..... I love it, and I am trying really hard to make it work for me.
I have also seen a difference in me, the big stuff hasn't happened yet, but it will! And I only slip into negativity once in a while now, instead of constantly lol.

I haven't read Noel Edmonds, but I heard that his book is pretty much based on the same theories. Might have to get it!
meretseger

Post by meretseger »

The secret is really important.It has been working for me since I came accross it in Glastonbury last year.they were doing a weekly showing of the DVD,and I was very impressed.OK ,it reiterates mostly what we know already about manifestation,but it shows where the process can fall down and how to get it back in line.
It is very empowering and the speakers are very special people.I find it good to watch every few days,it requires committment,but the rewards are unlimited.
meretseger
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

I have always believed in doing what you think is right for you without giving too much heed to the downside. Otherwise I would never have moved to Luxor and stayed. Now I am taking a big gamble on something but I am doing with totally positive thoughts and I know that the funding I need will fall into place without me having a nervous breakdown. :) This will work are the prime thoughts in my head. The word 'might' has been banished.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

What this book talks about is nothing new really. Its about creative visualization as far as I can see, which is obviously a positive thing to do in one's life. What I don't like about it is that it tells people they can cure themselves of life-threatening diseases like cancer. That is just BS and giving people false hopes!

- Stephen
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

From what I've seen or read about The Secret, there is no secret!

"Karin Klein, editorial writer for the Los Angeles Times, called The Secret "just a new spin on the very old (and decidedly not secret) The Power of Positive Thinking [book by Norman Vincent Peale (1952)] wedded to 'ask and you shall receive'." The editorial, in one of its strongest criticisms, asserted Rhonda Byrne "took the well-worn ideas of some self-help gurus, customized them for the profoundly lazy, [and] gave them a veneer of mysticism..."

It really is a highly dangerous book/DVD - if you want something, you will be bound to get it if you concentrate enough - if this were true, the Iraq war would be over and we all be living in peace. Its sales are mainly for materialistic Western audiences - surely if it were so successful, it would be given away in the native tongues of the starving people of the world in order that they can manifest food for themselves.

From what I've seen here is that is another self-help book that is really plagiarising ideas from other authors throughout the 20th Century, and is a wonderful marketing campaign to make the author and producers extremely rich.

So maybe that is what the secret of The Secret is about - how can we produce something that the gullible, jaded Western masses will buy!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
drwho

Post by drwho »

Bit like the Ancient Egyptians then "build it and they will come"....8)
Natashiah

Post by Natashiah »

:? In Egypt they make their own luck....you can be as positive as hell but if they want to make you misrable...they will make you misrable.Even though I am the eternal optimist I believe that people can use magic to make your life hell.A lot of us would say that maybe I'm just having a bad day.Bad day my ass....I've seen too many bad days to believe that things are "normal".

Anyhoo...what goes around comes around....but I'm certainly not waiting for cause and effect to take place! :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed ...pick yourself up and try again!
Quinonostante
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Quinonostante »

drwho wrote:Bit like the Ancient Egyptians then "build it and they will come"....8)
:)))

Didn't work with that thing in London...that Dome..!!

!