Tinkling Bells phenomenon

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Stephen

Tinkling Bells phenomenon

Post by Stephen »

Many years ago I worked in a hospital post room and one day I heard these tinkling bells. At first I thought there must have been some obvious rational explanation. There was a clock and I put my ear to that to see if it was coming from there, and I tested other things as well. But when I went to other locations in the building, the tinkling bells followed me there too. I believe something was following me around. I have sometimes heard the same bells when I've been on the borderline between waking and sleeping. Has anyone else had the same experience? No amusing comments about Tinkerbell please!!! Lol

- Stephen :?:

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

ooooo :? Since a child i have always had tinitus and am constantly foolowed around by a train :) It is always worse at night when i anm drifting off to sleep.Other than that the only other explanation is that you have a ghostly Morris Dancer skipping behind you :) :lol:
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

jojo wrote:ooooo :? Since a child i have always had tinitus and am constantly foolowed around by a train :) It is always worse at night when i anm drifting off to sleep.Other than that the only other explanation is that you have a ghostly Morris Dancer skipping behind you :) :lol:
Sorry to hear about your tinnitus jojo. I have had that for about eight years (I'm 52 now) but I'm used to it now. The sounds I get are more like a whining. The tinkling bells were something completely different and very pleasant...not at all intrusive. Btw, when i went to see the audiologist, she asked me to whistle the tinnitus sounds i could hear...then I wondered why she laughed. It reminded her of that alien tune from the Close Encounters film apparantly!! Lol.

Do you use a masking device at night time, when u r trying to sleep? The sounds were worse when I first started getting the tinnitus, and I used a radio tuned inbetween stations at night-time (when you get the white noise sound), but now I hardly notice it. Perhaps my brain has learned to filter it out. I've heard horrible stories of ppl who hear sounds like jet planes etc and some poor devils get suicidal and can't cope at all.

Mr Hazell, one of the experts on the subject, believes the noises come from the brain itself and not the ears. The brain of course generates electricity.

- Stephen
dab19

Post by dab19 »

Ive got a permanent sound of something like gas escaping......(from my EARS Jo-Jo!!!!) :lol:

But I live with it....I hear all I want to....and sometimes too much...so I'm told!!!!

:lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:
Dabby.
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Rememer the CB Radio's well my handle was Tinkerbell. :D:D
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Funny that Wills! Fablux's handle was Bellringer :) :)

Regarding ringing in the ears, Was it Quasimodo who said "the bells, the bells" having been made deaf by the bells in the tower where he lived?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Stephen wrote:
jojo wrote:ooooo :? Since a child i have always had tinitus and am constantly foolowed around by a train :) It is always worse at night when i anm drifting off to sleep.Other than that the only other explanation is that you have a ghostly Morris Dancer skipping behind you :) :lol:
Sorry to hear about your tinnitus jojo. I have had that for about eight years (I'm 52 now) but I'm used to it now. The sounds I get are more like a whining. The tinkling bells were something completely different and very pleasant...not at all intrusive. Btw, when i went to see the audiologist, she asked me to whistle the tinnitus sounds i could hear...then I wondered why she laughed. It reminded her of that alien tune from the Close Encounters film apparantly!! Lol.

Do you use a masking device at night time, when u r trying to sleep? The sounds were worse when I first started getting the tinnitus, and I used a radio tuned inbetween stations at night-time (when you get the white noise sound), but now I hardly notice it. Perhaps my brain has learned to filter it out. I've heard horrible stories of ppl who hear sounds like jet planes etc and some poor devils get suicidal and can't cope at all.

Mr Hazell, one of the experts on the subject, believes the noises come from the brain itself and not the ears. The brain of course generates electricity.

- Stephen
It doesn't bother me ,i have had it since i can remember,it actually gets me to sleep.
Sometimes i get an horrible noise, very high pitched like a testcard,but that doesn't happen very often.
Electricity from the brain?Very interesting :)
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

BBLUX wrote:Funny that Wills! Fablux's handle was Bellringer :) :)

Regarding ringing in the ears, Was it Quasimodo who said "the bells, the bells" having been made deaf by the bells in the tower where he lived?
Yes Barry it was Q.

I met my ex through the CB radio.
Joef

Post by Joef »

When I saw this post I typed "Quasimodo syndrome" into the search engine....and there is such a thing...nothing much to do with Stephen's problem though I'm afraid. :(
Some things have to be believed to be seen.