FABlux's foxes

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad

Post by Grandad »

FAB and BB, like you we are long time lovers and feeders of foxes. Are yours urban or rural? We live near the centre of town so ours are definitely urban. However, as we back onto an old disused railway embankment which is now very wooded, they have the benefit of plenty of cover and are near to people like us who put food out for them.

We have been fox watching for many years and like you give them all names. Last year we had an odd mix of one magnificent dog, two vixens and five cubs. Didn't really know whose cub was whose but they all got on fine and to have all eight visit at once was a special sight. The cubs, as you will well know, were lovely and played like children having a rough and tumble.

This year we have just one pair but unfortunately the vixen, who must now be pregnant, is showing mange.

We had one good old dog who we knew for four or five years. He was 'Sam' and daytime or evening, he would come and visit. He was a special favourite until he got mange which affected his eyes and he eventually died. I have attached a picture of him, he was very special.

Grandad :gg:
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Thats a great photo Grandad,i can't believe how close he would come to you.
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

FABlux wrote:That's true, I'm glad to say we didn't need to adopt any this year, we saw loads of young, presumably the babies of some of last years youngsters but they are all a viable size. We weighed the smallest & it was over 500gms so put t back out, as that was in October, & it fed right up until mid December.
How do you manage to take the cubs away from mum to weigh them?
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

jojo Phran and LL are talking about hedgehogs as Phran and BB adopted a few last winter. :lol::lol:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Sorry jojo, crossed wires, I was answering LL, we weighed the baby hedgehogs. This was the thread giving the history and photos of the hedgehogs we adopted last year. We had 6 babies for 6 months! viewtopic.php?t=3225&start=0&postdays=0 ... y+hedgehog
Grandad Sam is really handsome, what a wonderful photo. Ours are rural foxes, we back onto fields and woods. We monitor ours for mange but so far they have avoided it, I know it can kill eventually but there is a natural remedy you can get for it which you can put out.
We have only known ours since Jan o5 when she moved into the area. We had seen Kinkie occassionally but it was Mum we got to know, she was pregnant and very young & inexperienced. She had lost her mother early so didn't know what to do or how to look after the cubs, or even how she got pregnant or what was happening to her so we started feeding her and then this thread started after LL nagged me.
Grandad I got booted off before but would you like me to see if I can find the details of that treatment?
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

That makes sense now i didn't think it sounded very heavy for a fox cub :lol: :oops:
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Yes please FABlux.
In the past our neighbour has gone to the local vet for a medication but it was quite expensive.
Grandad :gg:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Grandad sorry for the delay I'd lost the info :oops:
This is the site that I had found it on http://www.nfws.org.uk/mange/letters01.htm It looks as though they send it out free of charge, I do hope it helps.
I got told off last night, the wind was really bad again and suddenly I got "You said the blow had stopped and its back :cry: :x " Mum was not amused! I apologised but she can't understand that I had been given wrong information and passed it on, I'm meant to know things. :oops:
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

What a fantastic photo Grandad, Sam looks like he was quite something.
glad yours are doing well Fablux, Lady is back and has been about for about 3 weeks now, she's looking really healthy and put on some weight but I haven't seen any others about. I don't think she is pregnant but you never know. Just pleased my little visitor is coming back and staring at me again. No good photos as yet though this year.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Oh Sue I'm so glad she is back. :D Mum is not that obvious yet so Lady may be pregnant, it is still fairly early.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Mum has now regained her figure & is doing well. She is still not very communicative, apart from asking one night when we were away where her food was. :x Tim missed feeding her once, it must have been that night. :cry:

She says all is well & has asked for meals early 2 or 3 times, twice she was able to come down before feeding the cubs, the other time the weather was foul so she sent Kinkie down & he took the biggest trotter back for her :D One night she fancied something sweet so I put a couple of pieces of her favourite passion cake out & she came down with Kinky, leaving Fenec to cub sit, she didn't quite trust him to take it back for her ;) :lol: She left the 3rd piece for Missie who arrived just after her, she has further to come now.

We have also seen some hedgehogs including at least 1 of last years babies & a couple of adults.
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Passion cake :lol: these could be the first foxes known to have high colestrol :lol:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

They don't get it very often, not at all now they ate it all :cry:
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

I got excited as soon as I saw this topic with a flashy light. I love reading about your foxes.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Josh, my grandson, asked if he could stay up to watch them last night & I think he was disapponted to hear that they come down about 8ish, so no excuse for a late night. :lol: He enjoyed seeing them though, Mum & Kinkie last night separately & together, plus a couple of HH's :D

You only have to ask LL :) we see them every night, so I suppose we don't think to post, especially now that we don't talk as much.
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

Then indulge me and tell me more about them :)
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

We fed them before going out this evening & it was gone when we got back so haven't seen them tonight.
We were in trouble a couple of weeks ago though :oops: Our fence needed replacing after the strong winds, we were putting up wire covered with brushwood panels & we got half way through putting up the new wire when we had to stop, leaving the roll of wire propped up. That night there was a lot of fox barking & I asked what on earth was the matter and Mum didn't know so she checked with Kinkie who had come down to collect the food & we had inadvertently blocked their alternative route :oops: They don't often use it but do like to have it available. I apologised & went out to see if there was anything I could do, there wasn't :( but Kinkie stayed on the bank at the end of the garden whilst I was there. The closest he has ever been to me :D
Next night we had finished it so that they could get out. Mum checked & I went out to show her the gap under the fence by moving my hand across it & she said "Oh I will be able to smell you" :D I don't think it was an insult :roll: I turned to come back down the steps & the light went out, it was pitch black & I couldn't see the steps, next second I could see clearly, Mum was helping, yes I did thank her :)
She came straight down to smell me & left some of her fur on the fence :)
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

I love hearing about them too :) :) :)

Regards
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

We could always bore you with a bit of the DVD when you come to Luxor in October Aroma, I'm sure we'll have some with us, I'll miss seeing them :(
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

I bet it won't be long before you adopt some Egyptian foxes, I suppose they talk in Arabic though, you will probably have to practice Egyptian Arabic thoughts. :lol: