House meets the Exorcists.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

House meets the Exorcists.

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Many years ago, when we first moved across to Welsh Wales, we lived in an old 16th century cottage out in the sticks.
I loved the place, I felt right at home. loads of places for me to explore.

Having a conversation with my Sister the other night, who is one of Gods chosen ones, she discussed the house.
It turns out that my sister would see red eyes in 2 of the bedrooms, one of which was my room. Cant say that I saw them myself.

At night however, I would hear breathing, it didnt bother me personally, it sort of suited the house having some sort of "life" in the place..

Mother was never happy there, but it was the place where she found christianity, because of me apparently.
I got a bible from the Gideons in school and tossed it in her direction when I got home. That night she became a Christian. Odd, because she had some beliefs that were not condusive with christianity and her beliefs had worked for her in the past..

When I got home one evening, apparently the God Squad had been around and exorcised the house !! The local vicar was well connected and he contacted the Bishop of St Asaph, and the exorsism was performed.

It felt the same to me, the breathing noise continued so I said nothing.
It made my mum feel better, but it didnt really matter because we moved out shortly after..

The previous owner was an old widower, I dont know why she sold up, but according to the family down the road, she was always happy there..

So, was the exorsism necessary ??

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

Very, very creepy, especially the red eyes! Strange how you never felt uncomfortable there though. Normally you would if it was an evil presence. Did the others feel threatened?
Christine

Post by Christine »

It probably wasnt evil it was probably just dwelling there.
Rather unusual that it wasnt affected by the excorsism though,dont you think :?:
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Well who knows what sounds and sights there are in an old house. Having grown up in old houses. ;) I have a friend who lived in an old house where the faucets in one room would suddenly start running for no reason. Peole thought it was haunted. He had them taken apart and found that the balls in the faucets were worn and when the nearby train would run, the vibration would cause them to open. :lol:

If you don't mind sharing, however, what "beliefs that were not condusive with christianity" did your mother hold?
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Re: House meets the Exorcists.

Post by Kevininabydos »

Zeitgeist wrote: It turns out that my sister would see red eyes in 2 of the bedrooms, one of which was my room.
I used to get this in my house in Cornwall! I would half wake up in the night and see these glowing red eyes across the room! By the time I focused on them, then fumbled to put the light on I would be wide awake. Then I find it was only the televisions standby mode light and I was seeing double as I didn't have my glasses on! Happened to me time and time again and never failed to wake me up sufficiently that I would have to read for an hour to get sleepy again. :P :) :P
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I always loved the house, but some did feel a presence.
I must admit, i never felt totally alone in there. I spent all my time in the old part of the house, thats where I chose to sleep.

Mother belived that if you want something enough then you will have it. Not so much in the material sense but a change of perspective so to speak would occur.

Father had what peaople would describe as a port wine stain on his face, my mother wished it away and it was gone !
It would however return when he got angry. belive it or belive it not.

She had a vision the night she turned to christianity, her maternal Grandmother appeared to her and told her not to worry and that everything would be alright.

Mother was an earthly sort of person, never lied, always willing to help anyone and that is what surprised me when she turned to Christianity literally overnight, I didnt think about it much, I was too busy living my life, gone all day, out exploring, or working on the farm next door, usual kids stuff.

Kevin, this was before the days of LED's and TV's in bedrooms. but I do appreciate where you are coming from.
I spent many years disproving these sort of events to people, especially noises in houses and things like that. I took pride in showing people that there were tricks of the light or show the rational explanation for a noise or movement in such places.

I guess it wasnt a lucky house for my mum..
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

But what beliefs did she have that you think were not condusive with christianity?
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
drwho

Post by drwho »

The old syn & chronicity kicks in again, I have had an interesting afternoon with a 'septic that's been telling me about 'bloodied dolls ect.. placed round her house. She's really frightened and called in a Coptic (whatever) 'the game is on! Sherlock, now this is really up my street, 'stick a dead cat on my door and I'll rip you a new arse-h**e plus your wife will become infertile and your car will break down.
So I wash up pretty good,I'll get all the gear out, some nice tunes and I'm popping round to 'fight the good fight.
All you religious folk might wonder at all this 'but de devil it does exist but on a slightly higher level than it can be bothered to be bothered, basically your not a threat sah?........8)
PS: I'ts not esoteric it's just having more presence than the occupying presence oh! a bit of knowledge and a belief in-oneself.
And only 10 years old, my gast is flabbered...or is it 11..
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

PRC, I thought you may pick up on the wish that mother made, she did not ask Jesus to do this for her, it was her belief that if you made the wish and you really wanted it then it would come true.
Being very earthly, she belived like I do that everything has a "soul" for want of a better word, apparantly only humans have this attribute in Christianity. It Taught me to respect everything in nature. I love being in the countryside, preferably on my own, or in a forest or close to water.

DrWho? is it correct that a malicious force can physically interact at the normal level of life ? or is it some force waiting for you to dare stick you head above the pulpit ? that could explain a few things......
I have never belived in a devil, ie. Pitchfork weilding man in red with the horns and tail, although my mother did, ( I cant remeber if this was after she turned to christanity ) but as she said, he's hardly going to turn up looking like the devil.
Infact, when I read the bible, my interpretation of Satan or Lucifer is that he was one of the good guys who came to help us.
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

Zeitgeist wrote: Infact, when I read the bible, my interpretation of Satan or Lucifer is that he was one of the good guys who came to help us.

Yes he was but then he was a naughty boy, so the all forgiving God threw him out of Heaven!
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
drwho

Post by drwho »

Kevininabydos wrote:
Zeitgeist wrote: Infact, when I read the bible, my interpretation of Satan or Lucifer is that he was one of the good guys who came to help us.

Yes he was but then he was a naughty boy, so the all forgiving God threw him out of Heaven!
So, similar to Hitler then, messed with the force and ended becoming it's host, well we all try we all ere, least he had amazing dress sense.
Don't we all set out with the best intentions though?........ 8)
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

drwho wrote: Don't we all set out with the best intentions though?
:snig: The road to hell is supposed to be paved with them :snig:

Marcus Aurelius
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Zeitgeist wrote:PRC, I thought you may pick up on the wish that mother made, she did not ask Jesus to do this for her, it was her belief that if you made the wish and you really wanted it then it would come true.
Infact, when I read the bible, my interpretation of Satan or Lucifer is that he was one of the good guys who came to help us.
I still don't get it. What would Jesus have to do with it and why would she ask Him?

As for Satan, what part made you think he was one of the good guys? We know that Satan led a rebellion against God and was defeated. The Koran says this was because he was jealous of mankind and God's great love for us. He hates mankind and only wants to destroy us. The red "devil" with horns is a European concept. The Bible tells us that satan is very handsome and wilely in his deceit. Much like drugs that lure you in with promises of a wonderful "high", good feelings and "enlightenment" until you're hooked and the withdrawals start.
~Mark Twain~
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

IF there was a Jesus, then a prayer would have to go through him.
If wishes are granted without his intervention it sort of begs the question
"how could this be possible"
Also an apparition or ghost whatever label you may want to give it, seems somewhat odd as there doesnt seem to be any mention of such things in the bible.

Visions yes, usually a holy entity.

Funny old life, one way and another....
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

But a wish is not a prayer nor is a prayer a wish. So I don't think your mother's wish would be outside of Christian values. Prayers do not have to go through Jesus. One can pray directly to God.

I may wish for a million dollars but I'm pretty sure if I prayed for it to fall it my lap, there would be a lot of laughing up in heaven.

Pretty sure there are mentions of ghosts in the Bible. Mostly people thinking that a person was a ghost. Maybe by other names also.

Showing results from:

1.Isaiah 29:4
Brought low, you will speak from the ground; your speech will mumble out of the dust. Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth; out of the dust your speech will whisper.
Isaiah 29:3-5 (in Context) Isaiah 29 (Whole Chapter)

2.Matthew 14:26
When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
Matthew 14:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 14 (Whole Chapter)

3.Mark 6:49
but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out,
Mark 6:48-50 (in Context) Mark 6 (Whole Chapter)

4.Luke 24:37
They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
Luke 24:36-38 (in Context) Luke 24 (Whole Chapter)

5.Luke 24:39
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
Luke 24:38-40 (in Context) Luke 24 (Whole Chapter)
~Mark Twain~
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

As none of the disciples could read or write their gospels were written by 'ghost' writers, does that count?

Really sorry, but I couldn't resist; just being a naughty boy! :oops:

Marcus Aurelius
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Kevininabydos wrote:As none of the disciples could read or write their gospels were written by 'ghost' writers, does that count?

Really sorry, but I couldn't resist; just being a naughty boy! :oops:
:))) :))) :))) good one but not quite true. Some of them could read and write -- in Greek even. :mrgreen:
~Mark Twain~
drwho

Post by drwho »

Quote:Some of them could read and write -- in Greek even ???????
Who say's their school reports, the only one might have been able could have been the tax collector but even that's highly doubtful...
It's seems fairly obvious reading the bible even Jesus thought that they were thick..... 8)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

drwho wrote:Quote:Some of them could read and write -- in Greek even ???????
Who say's their school reports, the only one might have been able could have been the tax collector but even that's highly doubtful...
It's seems fairly obvious reading the bible even Jesus thought that they were thick..... 8)
Paul for one.
~Mark Twain~
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Another trick Mother pulled out of the hat one day in church. Speaking in tongues..
Mother and her friend were on the same wavelength.

What's that all about then ? Is this a unique ability amongst Christians ?

Quite the reverse went on in the Tower of Babel..