SAAB 9-5 Air conditioning woes..

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

SAAB 9-5 Air conditioning woes..

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Well, on a spiritual level, WTF has this got to do with anything ?

Having purchased a loveley SAAB 9-5 estate a couple of months back, she was in need of some TLC, which I have been showering her with as funds and time permit.

Now, after replacing my Aircon' control panel, the last problem remained.
The drivers side aircon refused to go up above freezing cold, while the passenger side would happily produce whatever temperature the passenger punched into the control panel.

I realised the problem was not an easy one to fix, as I had a rough idea as to what had gone wrong.
So today, I braved the elements and started stripping down the dashboard and soon realised I was on a hiding to nothing, and I would have to dedicate more time than I had to fix this, or get some help..

So, after reassembling everything, I asked for some help from My higher power and went for a drive..

less than 10 minutes later, and the aircon works perfectly.. Thanks has been given..
...Some may call it Luck.. :cool:

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: SAAB 9-5 Air conditioning woes..

Post by Who2 »

I had an olive green saab 96, free wheel hubs, column gears and i could sleep in it, a right dead clever car, I would would drive through the night to silly places blasting my ears with fine toones....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Me too, that freewheel was tricky to get used to at first. especially going into corners with NO engine braking. I had a 95 with the column change in Orange.
teh great thing was, that you did not need to use the clutch going up or down the gears.. Brilliant. :cool:
I have owned an Olive Green 99, which was a 1700 cc freewheel version.
I threw a 2 Litre EMS Engine and gearbox into it, plus the interior and Dashboard.

They have been in the vast majority of cars that I have owned.
Probably the best cars in the world.

The 9-5 I own now, has integral CD player, Tape Deck and Radio, so I can listen to all my favourite choones in the original format.
( through the 16 speakers that come as standard ) :cg

I did the same "trick" going to Galsgow last year. The drive shaft developed a problem and the steering was shaking like mad on the motorway, so I pulled over took a quick look and though oh sh1t !! I sent up my prayer..
We got to Glasgow and back with no further issues.. :cool:
chiddy

Post by chiddy »

I had a 95 for a while - well a week

flew up to Glasgow and had arranged a car hire - Fiesta 1.1 and the guy behind the desk said was I OK with automatic to which I said yes as my car was automatic

he then held out a key for a brand new 95

as I was working on Mull for the week I had the pleasure of a drive along the coast to Oban then over on the ferry to Mull the next day

what a superb car as the weather was atrocious with constant driving rain and puddles everywhere - the Saab just went through them with ease - sure the Fiesta would have struggled and been potentially unsafe

had to return it on the Friday but had a superb week driving it
There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Funnily enough, a couple of years ago, whilst out driving one of my other SAAB's in the snow,
I drove past a 4X4 that was stuck on the Horshoe pass. I cheekily asked him if he would like me to tow him.
One problem, Neither of us had a towrope. ..IT happens.. :cg

I love my life :cool: