Bad/Evil eyes

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Bad/Evil eyes

Post by DJKeefy »

My motorbike would not start via the start button, it sounded like the battery was flat, yet the horn, lights were working ok. The mechanic fixed a new starter device to the bike and that did not work, he took the new starter device back to the shop and the guy refused to change it (apparently they wont change anything electrical) so another one had to be bought, of course I went berserk :roll: the mechanic said dont worry he would pay for it :) He fixed that and still it would not start, after a while of messing about the bike started.

He came up to me and said the reason it did not work was that a guy who was sat there was jealous of my bike and he was giving it the bad eye, I laughed, some of the other guys hanging around said no Keefy it's true, all Muslims believe this, you see the guy has gone and the bike now works... Speechless.

Now I like to know who's giving my computer mouse the bad eye cause it's playing up at the moment (maybe it's the gecko on the wall) :lol:

Have you been told any bad/evil eye stories?

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Bad/Evil eyes

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The evil eye is alive and well in and about the Caribbean.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My Egyptian family friends believe most strongly in the evil eye. If they receive even a piece of not quite fresh bread they say the next time they see him [the baker] they will give him the evil eye. My friend hates to be teased about this urban legend, saying that the eye of the jinn will visit me. I tell her she's to late with her warnings as I have already met the eye on a few occasions already.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Evil does not exist, it is an illusion here on earth, but if one believes that it does exist, then the mind will do the rest...

Curses and the Evil Eye, Its a reciprocal thing... :tk

Like in the Caribbean, you believe in the Witch Doctor or Voodoo, then voodoo's gonna get you if you are told you are cursed, sort of like introducing a self fulfilling prophecy, by proxy..
Gullible Suckers, at least One born every minute ... :cg

Karma too, is self imposed.. When you think about it.. :cool:

Keefy's bike started when the mechanic found the problem, the problem being obviously not the problem he thought it was... :urm:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Have the Hand of Fatima painted on your bike!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsa

The hamsa (Arabic: خمسة‎ khomsah, also romanized khamsa, meaning lit. "five") is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa, and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings.[1][2] Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many societies throughout history, the hamsa is believed to provide defense against the evil eye. The symbol predates Christianity and Islam. In Islam, it is also known as the hand of Fatima, so named to commemorate Muhammad's daughter Fatima Zahra (c. 605 or 615[3] – 633). Levantine Christians call it the hand of Mary, for the Virgin Mary. Jews refer to it as the hand of Miriam in remembrance of the biblical Miriam, sister of Moses and Aaron...
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Among many stories, a gypsy woman told me that men are terrified of the power of a gypsy woman, not least muslim men, or rather they are afraid that local women will discover and stand in their own power. Whenever troups of gypsies come to town, she said, middle eastern men will protect themselves behind the khamsa, fearful of the evil eye of the gypsy woman.

She taught me an arm movement, where the female dancer will hide her face behind her lower arm and slide her arm until the face is covered behind a very strong hand, symbolising the khamsa. She may pause before gleefully revealing a knowing face, indicating:”You may hide behind your khamsa all you want – but my power is STRONGER, haha!” – and continue a very feminine dance.

I recognise this arm movement in several Spanish, Egyptian and other dance forms, and I am sure that this is the origin.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I was whistling in the Office a few weeks ago, ( Happy little ray of Sunshine that I am ) :D

Anyhow, a visiting Romanian woman hissed at me and said "NO !!, Dont do that" :x

Me, "What ? Whistle and be happy" :ni:

Her: "Yes", "It makes the bad spirits come" :dv

Me: "you Catholics are really repressed aren't you" ? :urm: Carries on whistling.. :cool:

Human evolution has been somewhat strangled, Mostly by gullibility and Human Stupidity.. :zz :zz :zz

Never mind, 13 years from now and you will be witnessing the impossible, once you have all been prepared.... :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

You are not supposed to whistle on board a ship, because this will attract a storm.

I saw an interview with an actor who did not tolerate whistling in the theater as it would bring bad luck. The reason for this old idea turned out to be that the change of stage decoration used to be done at the signal of a whistle, so things really could go wrong, nothing to do with evil spirits, just an old habit.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

People with false teeth aren't supposed to whistle as its bad luck for the person opposite them. :st
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Is giving somebody the evil eye the same as giving somebody the stink eye?