Messages from the "other"side.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Messages from the "other"side.

Post by Scottishtourist »

There's been a couple of posts recently where death is being discussed and peoples attitudes towards it.

What's peoples views on spiritualists/mediums (call them what you will.)I'm talking about the ones who act as a "channel"and receive,or claim to hear messages from the "other side."

Are they just charlatans..or is there a slight possibility that they may just have some kind of gift and actually hear "dead"people talking to them?

Here's the scenario.A group of workmates arrange a nite out to go and see one of these "spey wives"(as we call them here in Scotland)A few glasses of wine in local pub and off we go..full of good cheer and full of doubts that they will actually be any good.A bunch of tipsy sceptics!But,I experienced the opposite!

The lady I saw was incredible.There was no prompting on my part.She spoke constantly to people who seemed to be standing behind her.Names were mentioned,incidents were mentioned,places were mentioned..at first some of it didn't make sense to me.But on further investigation,i.e talking to my parents after the event..these people DID exist and the incidents were true!

She wasn't a fortune teller as such.She wasn't harbinger of doom.
But,my view is that she was seeing and hearing something!
And for those amongst us who believe that there actually is "another side/another level,etc,etc...it kinda reinforced my belief in it!
And daft as it may sound..everyone seemed happy and at peace with themselves and the situation.Maybe thats a comfort to some...but my own experience of losing loved ones is just to think that they'd much rather still be HERE and with US.But that's probably just selfishness on my part cos I'd rather they were still here as well.

Any views or experiences?
Would "non-believers"of religion even go to these people outa curiosity?
Or do you just think it's their chance to make a fast buck outa exploiting people's vulnerability and in some cases,their grief?

What's your opinions?

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Messages from the "other"side.

Post by carrie »

I don't believe in anything after death once your gone your gone.
But seer's mystics and things like that I don't know.
A friend who used to live in Kenya was taken to see a man who was said to be a very wise man, when he got to the place there where hundreds of people queueing to see this man. All the man asked was 1k sugar, my friend went in to see him and he said he told me things that no one knew, no way could anyone have told him these things, they were all about his past. After this he said I will tell you the future now and my friend said no he didn't want to know, the wise man said OK but just let me tell you one thing. There is a Sunday, sometime in the future something will happen and you will never forget it for the rest of your life. Never since that day has he travelled on a Sunday.
Now he remains a sceptic but can't explain this mans revelations.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

"God moves in many mysterious ways and through many *mysterious people... :cool:
Ps: "and that's why, it's a mystery. Similar to the Great Pyramid it's a mystery.
Pss: In the alphacuriobet e = toward God and O = toward the Planet. So read, my story instead of mystery.
* I also made it a mission in my life to meet as many of them as possible, doing ok' so far!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

This is one of those things that you can't give a positive reply to, its like asking does God exist. My grandmother was a great believer in the after life, visiting spiritualists every so often, can't remember if she ever had contact with the spirits as I was far to young to understand. But I can remember that she was a renowned tea leaf reader, seeing messages in the dregs at the bottom of the cup. As my own mother was, she was a believer, but I don't think she ever saw any of these so called channelers of the dead.

One strange event I remember overhearing as a young lad was that my mother one morning told my father that she had clearly heard three knocks at their bedroom door that past night. When I asked what this meant I was told that someone close to the family was going to die, and die they did, three days later my grandfather on my mothers side died of a heart attack. This strange phenomena happened another three times over the next ten years, resulting in the loss of a family member. I have no explanation and never heard the knocks myself even though I had the adjoining bedroom.

The one thing that I and my then wife observed that we could not explain was five days before my father died. I was sat in the lounge watching the TV when I happened to glance at the wall of the staircase. I pointed out an outline that at first looked like a grayish smudge on the wall paper, but on closer inspection looked like the profile of my mothers head. Over the next three days this outline got nearer to a perfect outline of the facial features of my mother. We invited three different neighbours round to see this, all were stumped as to what could of produced it. The night my father died, the following morning the image had disappeared.

As with anything I don't understand, I tend to keep an open mind, but being an avid watcher of all things paranormal, including the likes of U.F.O's, sometimes the camera captures images that have no logical explanation. I think the charlatans like Derek Acorah helped reduce the popularity of this form of investigation when he was outed by another member of the Most Haunted team for cheating, he using made up information in one of the programs that one of the other members of the team had deliberately allowed him to overhear. The truth is possibly out there.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

My Granny refused point blank to think of anyone after 7 of her pals died, after she thought about them, freaked her right out, until I explained she only registered them as they were passing and not before, so it wasn't her fault.wimmin & witches...'love em;...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Messages from the "other side" are everywhere, you just need to eyes to see..
Also, there is NO such thing as a "coincidence" ( Co ) meaning "Mutual". :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Messages from the "other side" are everywhere, you just need to eyes to see..
Also, there is NO such thing as a "coincidence" ( Co ) meaning "Mutual". :cool:
Do you ever see when you sleep?
I'm great believer in dreams!
I've lost loved ones and then had dreams!They appear in familiar surroundings,they talk,they listen..they send out signs.It's spooky at times,but somewhat comforting.

I'll give you example.

I lost my beautiful big brother 4 years ago.He died of throat cancer.He was 55 years old,a young man and it broke my heart.He always enjoyed poetry and was somewhat accustomed to public speaking after his retirement from Police.
He lived on Isle of Bute.

On one visit "back home"he recited poem that he was going to share at Masonic "do."
A Catholic "boy"speaking at Masonic event!
It was called "The Ibrox Disaster."
It's beautiful,poignant..and I suggest you google it to get the true meaning of the great Catholic/Protestant division that (supposedly)exists in Scotland.

I hadn't heard the poem in years.Not since he had related it to me.It's relatively unknown.
But..then came the anniversary.
I sat alone on New Years day and read the paper.It was full of the reports at the time.I was thinking about him.
Then I turned the page.There was the poem!I read it and a warm breeze passed through me.It wasn't frightening,it wasn't alarming..it was gentle and peaceful.He wouldn't have harmed me in life..so he won't harm me in death.
It's now "cut out"and affixed to my fridge.Cos,I believe it was a sign.

And,I think it was MORE than coincidence!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

My Grandma was a real owd witch, all my aunts, uncles and cousins used to go to my Grans for the day about once a month and as soon as darkness fell the table would be pulled to the centre of the room. The table was round and had three legs, for some reason a four legged table wouldn't work. We would all sit round this table hands on it and little fingers touching those of the person next to them. I always sat on My uncle Georges' knee. Then we would start Gran would say is anyone there knock once for yes and twice for no. Well a wait and then she would call again, I used to feel my uncles leg lift up then and give the required one knock. She then proceeded to ask yes or no questions to the "spirit" and uncle George would answer. I don't think she ever cottoned on that it was him.
When I was 7 my Mum gave birth to my little brother and she had a difficult delivery so I was sent to stay with my Gran for a couple of weeks, Gran had this friend called Mrs Travener, her house was always dark she never opened the curtains and she was an attendee with my Gran at the local spiritualist church. For some reason I was terrified of this woman, I can see it now years later she had a big table that was covered in a dark green velour table cloth that stretched almost to the floor, every time my Gran dragged me along there they would be talking all this wierd stuff, Gran said one day that she had seen the devil looking over her shoulder when she was stood in front of the mirror combing her hair and it was a sign she was becomming too vain.
Gran also had a large house with big wide stairs and landing at the top, on which was a very big bedding box that I thought was a coffin. Every night I would stand at the bottom of the stairs take a deep breath and fly up and pass this damned box.
I don't think it did me any permament damage but I am sure if it happened today they would all be had up for child abuse.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:My Grandma was a real owd witch, all my aunts, uncles and cousins used to go to my Grans for the day about once a month and as soon as darkness fell the table would be pulled to the centre of the room. The table was round and had three legs, for some reason a four legged table wouldn't work. We would all sit round this table hands on it and little fingers touching those of the person next to them. I always sat on My uncle Georges' knee. Then we would start Gran would say is anyone there knock once for yes and twice for no. Well a wait and then she would call again, I used to feel my uncles leg lift up then and give the required one knock. She then proceeded to ask yes or no questions to the "spirit" and uncle George would answer. I don't think she ever cottoned on that it was him.
When I was 7 my Mum gave birth to my little brother and she had a difficult delivery so I was sent to stay with my Gran for a couple of weeks, Gran had this friend called Mrs Travener, her house was always dark she never opened the curtains and she was an attendee with my Gran at the local spiritualist church. For some reason I was terrified of this woman, I can see it now years later she had a big table that was covered in a dark green velour table cloth that stretched almost to the floor, every time my Gran dragged me along there they would be talking all this wierd stuff, Gran said one day that she had seen the devil looking over her shoulder when she was stood in front of the mirror combing her hair and it was a sign she was becomming too vain.
Gran also had a large house with big wide stairs and landing at the top, on which was a very big bedding box that I thought was a coffin. Every night I would stand at the bottom of the stairs take a deep breath and fly up and pass this damned box.
I don't think it did me any permament damage but I am sure if it happened today they would all be had up for child abuse.
And they said the arrival of the TV killed family conversation. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

For me I think it is comforting to believe and believing is a way to prolong your sense of contact with somebody you've lost who was important and held meaning for you. Believing in the afterlife is also a way to assuage your conscience that you're eternal. The idea of living forever, IMO, takes away some of the fear of death we carry.

That being said I have a 96 yr old Aunt who lives in an old old farmhouse and for probably the past 30 or so years has claimed there are ghosts living in her house with her. Her contention is that they don't bother her at all, she doesn't know who they are and is not afraid There are only a couple of spots in her house where these ghosts appear. She is quite nonchalant talking about them and mostly has only ever referenced them in a very factual way.

My father prior to being diagnosed with colon cancer said he woke up very early one morning and saw his mother at the foot of the bed. Initially she just beckoned to him to come but then said something to the effect it was time. Few weeks later he was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer and passed several months after. Reality? Coincidence? Hard to say and it was recounted to me as factually as a story about going to the store to buy bread.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I put a lot of faith in inanimate objects as messages, and also certain things that can happen. It sort of proves to me that life is subjective.
BUT, you need to know yourself, and so I need to imagine that I am playing a game with myself, and there is another "me" who is leaving things around or even making situations happen that only I would understand, as a reflection of my personality.

When I was very small aged about 2, then I was constantly talking to something as if they were there with me as real people. I would even look in the direction of whoever was doing the talking.

I had 2 siblings in quick sucession after I was born, my Dad was out all day, so my siblings had much of the attention that they needed, and I was always a loner, I was always happy and would interact with anyone, but I was always the one who would gravitate away from the others to be on my own, sit down and draw, or try to get outside the confines of the garden to go exploring on my own.

At some point, the conversations stopped, I have a feeling parental intervention had something to do with it, my Dad could be "persuasive", and so could my Mum in a different but nicer way.

Things from then on just happened randomly, I was at one time running down a meadow towards the Beck ( Small River ), and a voice shouted quiety but clearly, "David STOP", but I could not as I was running so fast. Next thing, I was literally pushed over and fell.... About 10 feet from a hidden dip in the ground with a 20 foot drop onto rocks, with a dead sheep there. That was not the last time I was saved from my own actions.

Many things like that have happened and continue to happen from time to time.

There are many repetitive things that alert me to certain things, and some I do not understand, and that used to get me quite frustrated, but these days I am more relaxed about it, as I figure that I will know it when I need to, or that creation will find another way to let me see what I am supposed to see.

I have met Ghosts, not many though, but I know they have seen me, and they know I have seen them, but no interaction. Not just Ghosts of people, but animals as well. the weird part is, that these Ghosts were not of dead people or animals, but those yet to die.

Some things I have seen can never be repeated to anyone, as it is highly unlikely that anyone would believe me, so common sense tells me to keep quiet about those things, but for me, they reinforce certain beliefs.

Regarding inanimate objects, I was recently drawn towards a vehicle when we were in Anglesey last week.
This vehicle was a van, like one of those old hippie vans, and in its rear window was a picture of a Red Dragon, which had wrapped itself around one of Edwards Welsh coastal castes in an Anti Clockwise direction, and was destroying it with powerful Fire that was even blasting the stones off the walls..

As for dreams, well I don't dream, or at least don't remember them. there was a time when my dreaming was very dark, and so I found a way to suppress them, which seems to have prevented any sort of dreaming. that said, I have never had a fulfilling or satisfying dream where something wonderful has happened, so no great loss.

The Dead can stay with us and move about really quickly, since they have no physical body, and one way or another, they find a way to contact us if they need to. I recently spent some time with my Mother down by the river, so she could show me something that I needed to do. I could not make that or any other experience happen again no matter how hard I try. A bit like lightning never striking in the same place twice.

BUT there are still the little things that happen every single day, these are mostly affirmations to stay happy and that everything is going well.

One thing you realise, Life is a lesson, and you can embrace those lessons or attempt to fight them, but if you stand and fight, you will make the lesson harder and harder, and all life is trying to do for you is make it better. :up

One last thing. I was told something last time I was in Egypt while I was in the mountains, there was no need for this person to come to tell me what he did, but clearly he knew he had to tell me, and I was not surprised by what he told me, my response was "yes, I think I know that"
Probably explains quite a lot of what has been happening recently throughout the world.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

The human mind is a curious thing, enabling un-summoned thoughts to manifest themselves in the most strangest of ways. I remember when I was about six/eight years of age. It is as clear to day as it was then. I was asleep in bed when I was suddenly awoken by carnival music. At first I thought it was coming from down stairs. I can still visualize myself rubbing away at tiered eyes. Then I saw it. Along my bedroom wall was a continuous parade of circus animals. They kept on this march to nowhere for what seemed a very long time but was probably only seconds. The music stopped and they disappeared. This strange occurrence happened twice more over a few nights. Then never happened again. But another thing did. I started to have many problems over several years that continually disturbed my sleep. I imagined that the thumb on my right hand was extra large and I could feel the discomfort as if it were the real thing. When I was seventeen my sister crushed the thumb on her right hand when she fell off a motorbike. She never regained the full use of it and my phantom thumb problems ended.

Apart from cats and dogs I have had very little interest in other animals, like wanting to go to the zoo or circus. I have never showed any interest in a giraffe, which was the most prominent animal on my bedroom wall visions. Also I have never spoken about those few nights with anyone. Two months or so before my father died, I was out at the time, he called my wife into the room and pointed to the TV. It was some sort of wildlife program she told me when I arrived home. My father was adamant that I loved giraffes and I used to keep one as a pet when I was younger. Strange coincidence or what? I suppose that it is just another of those things that I will never discover the truth or meaning.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

A carnival with Animals, almost like the Analogy of the world as a Jungle or a circus as I often see it.
You should maybe look into Animal Spirit guides, and their meanings.. Maybe you will find something that resonates.?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

... or find something that I don't want... I think it better to let sleeping dogs lay, or in this case, the jungle. :up
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Well, if you ever get bored, it may well be something of just a passing interest, but Giraffes are of course symbolic of foresight and Wisdom.. Why ?
Because they have the higher view that those animals who's heads are closer to the ground do not.... :br

Then when you become a fully fledged Sage, you can give me the wining lottery numbers so I can get off this frikken merry-go-round and retire... :ks
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Dose a sage have to know his onions :ni:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I had a message from the other side once. The kids next door wanted to come and get their Frisbee back. :)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

:lol: :lol: