Do you believe in Ghosts.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts.

Post by BENNU »

BENNU wrote:This was not my first nor last encounter with ghosts, but these two looked like something from a movie. They were in white dresses from the beginning of that century, their long blond hair was uncombed and they looked very sad. I do not believe that ghosts have any power, so I just accepted them and went to my room.
I have experienced scarier things with living human beings and see nothing sensational about ghosts. I do not mention it often because some girlfriends have been terrified to hear about it and I never really cared. When I thought that I would share it here, it was almost impossible to write the post. Two months without a PC and I am now used to this annoying iPhone keyboard, but it was locked. Things I had copied and pasted last night jumped into the post and when I tried to edit before posting, it went crazy. Small details like it was not the sound meeting the ocean, that is where I am now, it was two oceans meeting, which is not important but I could not delete. I wrote "that" century, forgetting that this happened in 2002 so it should be "last" century, but nothing worked. I had said this instead of these and not even that could be changed.

I was kicked offline after which I could open anything but this particular thread. I left it and got a very cold feeling... :sd Goosebumps on a hot summer afternoon in the garden. I had not been curious to know about these two girls, but I remember that those who had tried to find out were told to leave it, they belonged there.

:lol: I went inside to try posting again, it had submitted itself while I was in the garden. :witch:

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Quote: I have experienced scarier things with living human beings and see nothing sensational about ghosts

One night I had a conversation with an elder of our village, and he told me exactly that.

Don't be bothered about the ghosts, the only thing that will do you any harm is other people.... if you let them.
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Zooropa wrote:
WIZARD wrote:Do you believe in Ghosts.

It is often hard to separate fact from fiction, especially when it comes to the supernatural. Who knows the real ghost facts from the false. Those who truly believe are often fed a lot of lies or half truths.

The truth is, no one really knows for sure. These apparent 'ghost facts' are collected from the professionals, those who apparently hunt ghosts, or those who have apparently experienced them, creating one of the most comprehensive set of documents containing 'facts' about ghost you can find.
No - no credible evidence.

No one knows for sure?

The same could be said of pixies, pink elephants & goblins!

The evidence for those and ghosts is equally as weak.
In the case of the pink elephant it is not weak, it is very definitely there.

Pink elephant is caught on camera
By Rebecca Morelle
Science reporter, BBC News

The little pink calf was spotted in amongst an 80-strong elephant herd

A pink baby elephant has been caught on camera in Botswana.

A wildlife cameraman took pictures of the calf when he spotted it among a herd of about 80 elephants in the Okavango Delta.

Experts believe it is probably an albino, which is an extremely rare phenomenon in African elephants.

They are unsure of its chances of long-term survival - the blazing African sunlight may cause blindness and skin problems for the calf.

Mike Holding, who spotted the baby while filming for a BBC wildlife programme, said: "We only saw it for a couple of minutes as the herd crossed the river.

"This was a really exciting moment for everyone in camp. We knew it was a rare sighting - no-one could believe their eyes."

The harsh sun poses a serious threat to the animal's survival, say experts

Albino elephants are not usually white, but instead they have more of a reddish-brown or pink hue.

While albinism is thought to be fairly common in Asian elephants, it is much less common in the larger African species.

Ecologist Dr Mike Chase, who runs conservation charity Elephants Without Borders, said: "I have only come across three references to albino calves, which have occurred in Kruger National Park in South Africa.

Surviving this very rare phenomenon is very difficult in the harsh African bush

Dr Mike Chase, Elephants Without Borders
"This is probably the first documented sighting of an albino elephant in northern Botswana.

"We have been studying elephants in the region for nearly 10 years now, and this is the first documented evidence of an albino calf that I have come across."

He said that the condition might make it difficult for the calf to survive into adulthood.

"What happens to these young albino calves remains a mystery," said Dr Chase.

"Surviving this very rare phenomenon is very difficult in the harsh African bush. The glaring sun may cause blindness and skin problems."

However, he told BBC News that there might be a ray of hope for the pink calf as it already seemed to be learning to adapt to its condition.

I have learned that elephants are highly adaptable, intelligent and masters of survival

Dr Mike Chase, Elephants Without Borders 12901
Dr Chase explained: "Because this elephant calf was sighted in the Okavango Delta, he may have a greater chance of survival. He can seek refuge under the large trees and cake himself in a thick mud, which will protect him from the Sun.

"Already the two-to-three-month-old calf seems to be walking in the shade of its mother.

"This behaviour suggests it is aware of its susceptibility to the harsh African sun, and adapted a unique behaviour to improve its chances of survival."

He added: "I have learned that elephants are highly adaptable, intelligent and masters of survival."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7951331.stm
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Evidence. It was dark, early evening in winter. I went straight to the local pub to get help, I thought I had run someone over and somehow bounced him into one of the deep ditches. The locals in the pub told me not to worry, go look at your car, there will be no marks on it. Then they told me this was the ghost of a farmworker who was killed by a car at the crossroads and had been seen by several people.