A second chance, true love found.

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

A second chance, true love found.

Post by Dusak »

Hello Pink Magic, my name is Doreen and I have to say that I am very impressed with your level of honesty and bravery. You seem to come over as a very strong person, the opposite to myself I have to say. Like you I was the victim of an abusive husband, didn't start out that way like your marriage, but ended just the same with the bruises, fear and misery. My friend suggested that I should read your story on Face Book. Wasn’t really my thing, but I'm glad that I decided to become a member. My marriage was a good marriage until Aunty Betty died and left me £100,000 and her cottage in Dorset.

Kevin, my then husband worked for a builders, only a labourer, but a hard working one. He put the food on the table and paid the bills. I couldn't work as I started to suffer from bouts of depression three years into our six year marriage, and Aunty Betty's death only made it worse. We had no children as Kevin had a problem, you know, down there. But we had each other and Kevin said that was all that mattered. He looked after me, his little Princess as he called me, as if I was a piece of fine bone china. Some days I couldn't get out of bed due to the sudden bouts of depression, but Kevin was my mainstay, washing me gently and making me some breakfast before he went to work. More times than not, the food would still be on its tray next to me when he came home from ''his quick couple'' of pints down the local to wind down from his hard days toil. Then, one day I had the phone call from my Solicitor telling me of my windfall. I couldn't think straight. What, how was I going to tell Kevin.

I waited for Kevin to come in after work, sitting there like a nervous teenager waiting for her first date to come and collect her. Kevin was a bit later than usual, and a bit giddy on his legs. He had told me that he had had a good win on the horses, not that he bet a lot mind, just the odd flutter, so he had celebrated his win with his mates down the pub. He looked sorry for himself when he told me that he had bought me a lovely bunch of flowers, but had left them in the pub. I had tried to say it wasn't important and to sit down as I had something to tell him, but he had said that he was tiered and had a big workday ahead of him the next day so I could tell him about my problems then.

When did it all start? The following week if I'm honest with myself. Kevin took the day off to come with me to the solicitors, with me to the bank to deposit the cheque, then to the local garage to change his old banger for one of those big people carriers. Still, he deserved it, going for so many years without. I always wanted to go abroad for the very first time so we went into the travel agency, but because I was spoilt for choice and couldn't make my mind up, he had grabbed a load of brochures and we had left, and as Kevin had quite rightly pointed out as we had rushed to his betting shop to get his bet on before an important race started, they were on the expensive side just for two weeks in the sun. And he had reminded me how the summers sun made my headaches worse. Not that I could remember that they did as we never went out in it that much. So we had decided to leave it.

My life sort of went from bad to worse from that point onwards. Kevin gave up work, started to drink more often down the pub, well every night truth be told. The money was going fast and he wanted me to sell Aunt Betty's cottage, but I kept refusing. That was the first time he had hit me. I was standing at the kitchen sink rinsing a plate and he had come home. He never said anything, we hardly spoke to each other now. He started slamming the cupboard doors. I just knew that once again the bookie had been the winner. He'd complained that there wasn't anything to eat. I know it had been silly of me, but I had said it was probably because he had spent all the money and perhaps he should see if the yard would give him his job back. I had turned to face him as his fist contacted with my face. Then he had punched me again. When I had fallen onto the floor, he had kicked me twice in the side. I must of passed out then as the next thing I knew I was on the settee with Kevin holding a cold cloth to my head.

He had been full of remorse, blaming to much drink and that he had not been able to control his actions. He told me that he loved me and he actually had a tear in his eye. I couldn't remember the last time he had told me he had loved me, but men don't say that word much do they? The turning point of my life was when I finally got fed up with making excuses for Kevin and having to hide my black eyes with overly large sunglasses in the middle of winter. We got divorced, I gave him full possession of our small terraced house and the judge stated that Aunt Betty's cottage would remain mine. That was three years ago. My bouts of depression have all but gone and I'm enjoying my life to the fullest. I sold the cottage to start my knew life and words alone cannot describe how excited I am.

It was truly a God given stroke of luck when you told me that you now lived in Luxor Egypt. And I will soon be on my way to live there. Fancy you having a property business as well and the plans you have for my newly built home on that lovely piece of land by the Nile is getting me really excited. Glad to hear that you received the down payment safe and OK, and as you said, things are done differently in Egypt to the UK so I trust you to do it correctly for me, remove the worry as you say. And that Nasser that is doing the work sounds a nice man. The cheeky devil is already bestowing his love for me on my Face Book page and we haven’t even met yet. But I do have to say that his profile picture makes him look rather yummy, I get the girlie giggles when I read what he writes. Can't wait, here comes my future.

Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you. A friend of a friend of mine bumped into one of Kevin's old work mates. He has lost everything. The car, the house, the lot due to his gambling. Now he knows what true misery tastes like.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: A second chance, true love found.

Post by carrie »

What a sad sad tale but I am sure everything will work out fine when she gets to Luxor and meets her Nassar.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was feeling for her until I read Carrie's post :(
It is what it is.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nassar? Carrie is starting a new variation on the MMID! Now it is MNID. :up :up
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Dusak does it again! :lol: Now take your tongue out of your cheek, before it gets stuck there! :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It has just been pointed out to me that Pink Magic is the user name of a member on here. I did not intend this to be connected with this member as the term Pink Magic has a past connection to me personally, so that is why I used it, its just a coincidence but I apologize if it has caused any embarrassment.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.