The Autobiography

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

The Autobiography

Post by Who2 »

'Meetings with remarkable Mentors'
My new years resolution is to pen my autobiography, I have started by writing and listing timelines and finger walking the internet it's quite hard work but feel once started it will become a lot easier.
I have quite a few friends that are writers and a couple that have penned their autobiographies so will be 'hitting on them for the finer points.
I also have a friend that edits Andy McNab's books so in a year or two will ask him to have a 'butchers-hook.
I'm not bothered who will read it, it's more of a travel through my history dusting off the cobwebs of my memory.
Signed copies should be available in 2016 'inshalla…ha!…. :cool:

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The Autobiography

Post by Who2 »

Just been thinking I've got a lot on this year things to accomplish things yet to be seen, So change….
to: Signed copies should be available in 2017 'inshalla…ha!….
Listed the houses, the cars the jobs and the girls, mind you or me 'names keep popping into my head, scandalous but fun!… :cool:
This is where it all started in that hotel in a room overlooking the sea……
Ps: thats a pill box down on the beach I remember my Dad pushing it over the cliff...
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Good luck.....It should be easier to remember all that stuff from way back. The more recent things will be more of an issue.
The brain can be a funny thing when you get older :?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Can't help but think this is going to make War and Peace look like a quick read. :roll:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Long overdue in my opinion after chatting to you the one and only time we ever met...
Don't leave it too long, procrastination and all that, :br ..However, Mozart was the King of procrastination, having only written Don Giovanni in one sitting on the morning that it premièred... x8)
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

How about an autobiography with recipes?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:'Meetings with remarkable Mentors'
My new years resolution is to pen my autobiography, I have started by writing and listing timelines and finger walking the internet it's quite hard work but feel once started it will become a lot easier.
I have quite a few friends that are writers and a couple that have penned their autobiographies so will be 'hitting on them for the finer points.
I also have a friend that edits Andy McNab's books so in a year or two will ask him to have a 'butchers-hook.
I'm not bothered who will read it, it's more of a travel through my history dusting off the cobwebs of my memory.
Signed copies should be available in 2016 'inshalla…ha!…. :cool:
Good luck with this project :up

My ex-wife keeps pestering me for a couple of chapters to add to her life story....covering our 10 years or so in the 70's & 80's.

Trouble is, apart from the odd flashback, I cant recall dates and places...let alone events.

I claim that the data processing areas of my brain have overwhelmed the parts that store memories. She has a rather different explanation ;)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I have always held in high regard my famous friends, Why ? because they work far harder at their chosen professions than most.
Oh! and they try to attain excellence.

This writing business is no easy thing, So I have decided to go 'viral and get all my 'writing mates to write things that they feel relevant about me to them, this could turn out to be 'billy no-mates or highly interesting, I shall start with FB then using my email addresses and all other avenues….
But, if they want in on my latest The Number One Best Seller "Meetings with Remarkable MenTors"
then they male & female should tell me how they did it and tell me some good anecdotes as bylines or even paragraphs, sentences, chapters even .
Writing an autobiography is I feel like living on a boat one becomes highly Introspective, which one feels could lead to insanity, but for humility's or is that humanity's sake and the literary world I shall continue… :cool:
Ps: Some of my really famous friends are so bleeding famous they don't do things like FB they have PR companies to do it for them these are the ones I want, as they know that I know, where the 'bodies are buried atmospherically speaking ….onwards and upwards!
Thinkin!
Sophocles.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Don't forget the little guy Who2. Sometimes the next door neighbor can give more day by day intimate and personally relatable material than the big guy reiterating the big event. The insights from the little guy intermixed with the insights from the big guy might give the book the 'slant' it needs to wind its way to the Best Seller List 8) 8)

No offence but I might wait for the made for TV movie to come out so I can see your life on the big screen prior to reading the book ;) :P :P
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Who2 wrote:I have always held in high regard my famous friends, Why ? because they work far harder at their chosen professions than most.
Oh! and they try to attain excellence.

This writing business is no easy thing, So I have decided to go 'viral and get all my 'writing mates to write things that they feel relevant about me to them, this could turn out to be 'billy no-mates or highly interesting, I shall start with FB then using my email addresses and all other avenues….
But, if they want in on my latest The Number One Best Seller "Meetings with Remarkable MenTors"
then they male & female should tell me how they did it and tell me some good anecdotes as bylines or even paragraphs, sentences, chapters even .
Writing an autobiography is I feel like living on a boat one becomes highly Introspective, which one feels could lead to insanity, but for humility's or is that humanity's sake and the literary world I shall continue… :cool:
Ps: Some of my really famous friends are so bleeding famous they don't do things like FB they have PR companies to do it for them these are the ones I want, as they know that I know, where the 'bodies are buried atmospherically speaking ….onwards and upwards!
Thinkin!
I think you're being a tad "precocious"here Who2!
YOUR life story and anecdotes?Consorting with criminals?Getting "nabbed?"No respect for authority?Bad boy makes good?Sees the error of his ways and becomes "philanthropist"..and moves to another country to do it?
Famous friends???Don't make me laugh!
Hasn't it been done before? Jimmy Boyle.."A sense of Freedom?"

A murdering thug who became a "sculptor!"thanks to those who "understood"him in Barlinnie!A bloody millionaire running about in a Rolls Royce..whilst the families of those he maimed and killed live with their own life sentence!!

Maybe it'll sell...but I certainly won't be first in the queue for a signed copy!

Good luck with it!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Thanks for the endorsement ST don't worry when it finally gets to press I'll send you a totality free signed copy it won't cost you even a 'scottish penny ya tight 'bam pot.
Besides gangsters in my repertoire I have many well respected Scottish friends writers,actors,even philanthropists rare in Scotland.
I might even get an anecdote from old Arthur Thompson who probably sent you a few customers if you ever worked in A&E.
'Be Lucky & chin up 'hold your your nose with all those bed pans…. :cool:
Ps: someone has to sort out our sh**…..
Sophocles.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Old Arthur Thompson is deid!!
And "The Ponderosa"is an eyesore,lol!
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

P.s Who2.

Your kinda books just don't sell..except to a select few!

Most people want to read about deprivation,hard luck stories,gritty tales of growing up..in (for the time)normal circumstances!
Think Frank McCourt.."Angela's Ashes"etc.
Or escapism..something that captures fantasy,but is based on reality?

Why do you think that Paul Ferris' books have been consigned to the bargain bucket in Poundland?
And yet, Christopher Brookmyre's fan club grows day by day!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

It's amazing what springs to ones mind when one uses it….
Who remembers this ?
As a kid me and my mate were dropped off here as a cover for a well known London Mayfair thief, we and he would return later to pick us up give us £10quid apiece and a couple of decent shirts…. :cool:
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I remember Dirty ****'s well...having passed it every weekday on my way from home (Spitalfields...well Bethnal Green really) to my office by The Royal Exchange.

On the way home I tended to by-pass it in favour of a curry in Brick Lane.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

There are a lot from here that also remember the same, although with not so fond memories I would think. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

To be fair, it does not deserve the name, since Richrd Bantley's warehouse was demolished, so the pub has nothing to do with it.
I dare say the name satisfies the simple minded risqué humour though.. 3.4 on Tripadvisor.. :cg
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Maudlin……
Sitting trying to find a film for this weeks K.K.K. film & 'tasty BBQ night, So now watching 'My Old Lady it's very good it's up against Grand B Hotel and the Imitation Game, So a beer break!…...film on hold house 'toones come on 'natch, this is probably the first group that really got my attention as a kid. enjoy' remember' it's an autobiography thung….. :cool:
phpBB [video]

Maggie Smith: " Precision and wine is the key to a long life" it's called harmony...
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

The most difficult part of this is actually starting it….
lists, notes, memories all hand written is not going to get it down on a PC and in a pc form..
An Example:
Jock Scott, Jesus & Johnny Vegas….
One night something was happening a launch, a wrap, who know's it's a party.
Jock Scott, well known comedian and was married to (Duckface in Four Weddings And A ­Funeral) sitting at the bar watching our bar staff 'ignite a row of 6 flaming cocktails ready for Johnny Vegas to then swallow.
Jesus the parrot descends on to Jock's shoulder removes his BB Cap walks down his arm turns round and sets his tail feathers alight from Johnny's drink challenge.
All hell brakes loose, jesus squawking, Jock's laughing, Johnny's drinking, and Jesus 'bites Johnny's thumb down to the bone before I chuck a pint over Jesus miss's him and hits Jock, Jesus retreats like a smoking WW2 bomber to his perch above the toilets, we get the first aid kit for Johnny who informed us later he had 5 stitches in his thumb, that'll teach him…end

Now that's an example what pops into my mind for 5 minutes of my life how the hell can I remember it all unless I make a start it's a fear…. :cool:
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

They say, the best place to start, is at the beginning. Unless of course you are penning a Star Wars episode... :cg

Keep plodding on with the contributions, and then arrange the pieces until they fit..

Shame Bruce is not around to give you a few pointers, (RIP)
He had a more linear time line approach in his book, Autobiography of a Thief, which was a very enlightening read in my eyes.. :cool: