The Annunaki: The Fallen Ones

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The Annunaki: The Fallen Ones

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Frater have YOU read the book? Yes I know you wrote it but if you had read it after writing it then you might just understand Dusak's well meaning comments.
Prehpas he ahedres to the oipinon that garmamr and sleplnig dno't mtater.

Maybe he's right :tk

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Maybe in Frater's environment Queens English does not have the same importance as it does to a British person? Why should it?

I have to agree with Dusak when he suggests that an author should give his desired audience prime consideration.

I have an Italian friend with a small publishing company who publishes works in several languages. She is multi-lingual. When she decided to publish her memoirs in English she used two friends and one professional proof readers before giving it to me, as a friend to check over. I found more than 100 mistakes in the four days I spent going through the 280 pages. She offered me a job! :lol:

Full marks to Frater for at least trying, but any author in my opinion is the least competent person to edit their own work. It is impossible for them to use the same critical eye that another reader will have as they are too involved.

Keep going Frater, but please listen to advice which is kindly given. :up
Smile! It confuses people
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Maybe in Frater's environment Queens English does not have the same importance as it does to a British person? Why should it?
Why should it??

Because Frater's environment is USA (who speak English - sort of) and he wishes to convey his thoughts etc. in the form of literature which will be read by English-speaking readers.

The "review" comments posted by FF display only too well the problems he will face getting anyone to buy his books, let alone read them.

It would be unreasonable to expect Shakespearean prose, but a semi-illiterate output which gives any reader a headache trying to decipher it after a couple of pages, is doomed to fail.

And, before you ask, I acquired some time ago, and tried to read, his book "My Life Before - Memoir of a Lost Royal".
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Frater0082 wrote:
Dusak wrote:To achieve at anything Frater 0082, you have to give it your all, produce the best job you can. It is obvious that you are falling at the first hurdle by not double checking your work, or getting help from, say a friend, to proof read your work. There are many free spellchecker and grammar programs available on the net for you you take advantage of. Your mistakes are so glaringly obvious that a fourth grader could point them out, so you expected readership, adults, are not going to be page turners. I would withdraw it, buy a red pen and do a thorougher proofread and edit, then do it again. Hard work and determination produce results, not a lackadaisical approach as your work thus far displays.
Have you even read the book?
Have you even read Dusak's eloquent advice?

Multiple people have explained to you that you have a problem producing readable English.

You're never going to solve that problem unless you first accept that it is in fact a problem. Are you able to do this?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Frater in my last year at school my English mistress said that I didn't have a grasp of the fundamentals of the English language and I still don't. I don't know what syntax is for example, but I've heard people use the term and when I've finished this post I will search Google to find out.

I have read widely and so have got used to the "feel" of acceptable text. I don't know why a phrase should be constructed in a certain way. I check and re-check everything I write and still make huge mistakes, yet if I read a text by another author the mistakes immediately draw my attention.

Right! I'm off to search Google for Syntax. Have a nice day. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Syntax is the study of sentences and their structure, and the constructions within sentences. Syntax tells us what goes where in a sentence. Grammar is the general term referring to the set of rules in a given language including syntax , morphology, while syntax studies sentence structures.

Thank you www.grammarly.com/grammar/check‎
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Syntax is especially important in computer language, syntax being the rules that specify the correct sequence of symbols to give a structure that will work in any particular programming language.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

FarleyFlavors wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:
Dusak wrote:To achieve at anything Frater 0082, you have to give it your all, produce the best job you can. It is obvious that you are falling at the first hurdle by not double checking your work, or getting help from, say a friend, to proof read your work. There are many free spellchecker and grammar programs available on the net for you you take advantage of. Your mistakes are so glaringly obvious that a fourth grader could point them out, so you expected readership, adults, are not going to be page turners. I would withdraw it, buy a red pen and do a thorougher proofread and edit, then do it again. Hard work and determination produce results, not a lackadaisical approach as your work thus far displays.
Have you even read the book?
Have you even read Dusak's eloquent advice?

Multiple people have explained to you that you have a problem producing readable English.

You're never going to solve that problem unless you first accept that it is in fact a problem. Are you able to do this?
You've come off to be down right critical not even with a slight of just trying to help fix the issue. Why should I listen to you?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Why should it??

Because Frater's environment is USA (who speak English - sort of) and he wishes to convey his thoughts etc. in the form of literature which will be read by English-speaking readers.

The "review" comments posted by FF display only too well the problems he will face getting anyone to buy his books, let alone read them.

It would be unreasonable to expect Shakespearean prose, but a semi-illiterate output which gives any reader a headache trying to decipher it after a couple of pages, is doomed to fail.

And, before you ask, I acquired some time ago, and tried to read, his book "My Life Before - Memoir of a Lost Royal".
So basically trying to tell me that I cannot talk right that is what you are trying to say?

First you critize my beliefs.
My thoughts
My ideas
My books
And now my character

I don't need your advice because it does not come from a decent place at all. I've revised my books and he'll have used the grammar tools that is provided to me and you still have a problem.

You didn't even read the books so how can you critize something you never read? I'm sorry that sounds like you just want to be nasty. I'm sick of you Bull you know like really.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I have yet to get an I'll response from my books. So I don't care anymore.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Mad Dilys wrote:Maybe in Frater's environment Queens English does not have the same importance as it does to a British person? Why should it?

I have to agree with Dusak when he suggests that an author should give his desired audience prime consideration.

I have an Italian friend with a small publishing company who publishes works in several languages. She is multi-lingual. When she decided to publish her memoirs in English she used two friends and one professional proof readers before giving it to me, as a friend to check over. I found more than 100 mistakes in the four days I spent going through the 280 pages. She offered me a job! :lol:

Full marks to Frater for at least trying, but any author in my opinion is the least competent person to edit their own work. It is impossible for them to use the same critical eye that another reader will have as they are too involved.

Keep going Frater, but please listen to advice which is kindly given. :up

No it is not given kindly.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Frater I can only speak for myself.

I really would like to help you, as you are very enthusiastic about your ideas and would like to share them of course.

I thought you were making progress as your recent posts have been so much easier to read than those that I've seen so far of your books. Give me time to read one completely please. If I find it difficult to understand - not because of the subject - simply to read, I will tell you by private message if necessary.

I admire anyone who actually completes a book, whether I like what it says or not. I've been struggling for years to write a book but despair always overtakes me before the end of the first chapter. :cry:
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Frater0082 wrote:
FarleyFlavors wrote:Multiple people have explained to you that you have a problem producing readable English.

You've come off to be down right critical not even with a slight of just trying to help fix the issue. Why should I listen to you?
Because I'm telling you the truth? I'm not being critical, I'm just stating an incontrovertible fact.

Newcastle even obtained one of your books and couldn't read it.

You need to realise WHY he couldn't read it.

And lashing out at people who are trying to help you understand this is a little sad.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Frater you started this thread advertising your book, no one posted on here that hey guys I see Frater has written another book and it's awful. No YOU drew everyone's attention to it now if your not able to stand a little creative criticism then your not much of an author. Even the best authors face criticism at one time or another how many times in the past have really famous men and women had their work rejected by publishers. I suggest that if your not able to man up to well meaning and I thought helpful remarks then you would be best not mentioning any of your future works on here.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

FarleyFlavors wrote:
Newcastle even obtained one of your books and couldn't read it.

You need to realise WHY he couldn't read it.

I read most of the book even though I regard it as fiction . I think I was looking for clues as to how I might disabuse Frater of his fantasy that he's a reincarnation of a past lover of Seti I.......perhaps by pointing him to historical incompatibilities.

It was an extraordinarily difficult read, not because of the content, but because of the appalling grammar, syntax and spelling.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater.....in case you haven't understood what we're saying regarding correct English, here's a typical paragraph from your book "My Life Before". I've highlighted words which are either misspelled , or phrases which contain incorrect grammar and/or syntax. These are errors which a proof reader would identify and correct

"I believed that the song played as a sign telling me remember, remember who you once were. After the incident, I’ve told some of my closet friends, or people who I thought (were) my friends about my experience and even the picture that of Seti, and I even told them who I thought he was. One of my friends didn’t think that it looked like him. “How can you not see the similarities? The lips and the face” I said to myself in thought. Word did have gotten out about this to this classmate about this and he wasn’t happy about this . “So much for trust” I said to myself. Man, did I felt like an idiot in that moment. After that, I never really trust anyone ever again let alone told someone about my experience."
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Well Frater0088 I think that your last consecutive posts have answered all your questions, your just not willing to listen to advice. As a point of interest to you, I do know what I'm talking about. Over the course of ten years I hand wrote three books, some 1,800 pages in total. Then I bought the first home computer and a dot matrix printer, re-typed every word while checking and editing. When I thought that I had finished the first book I submitted it to an agent found in the yearly writers guide. Came back as ''showing some promise, but needs proof reading and edit. So I spent another six months rewriting it, only to get a similar response. After another year I sent it off to another agent, then another and so on until I had received around ten rejection letters. After a re think and re editing it again, I finally received a letter that my first four chapters showed ''great promise.'' What happened after that is another story. It is obvious that you went down the self publishing road, you pay the fee, they print and publish on your behalf. Not a viable option if you really want to succeed as an author of repute, not one of ill repute. But you carry on living your dream.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Dusak wrote:Well Frater0088 I think that your last consecutive posts have answered all your questions, your just not willing to listen to advice. As a point of interest to you, I do know what I'm talking about. Over the course of ten years I hand wrote three books, some 1,800 pages in total. Then I bought the first home computer and a dot matrix printer, re-typed every word while checking and editing. When I thought that I had finished the first book I submitted it to an agent found in the yearly writers guide. Came back as ''showing some promise, but needs proof reading and edit. So I spent another six months rewriting it, only to get a similar response. After another year I sent it off to another agent, then another and so on until I had received around ten rejection letters. After a re think and re editing it again, I finally received a letter that my first four chapters showed ''great promise.'' What happened after that is another story. It is obvious that you went down the self publishing road, you pay the fee, they print and publish on your behalf. Not a viable option if you really want to succeed as an author of repute, not one of ill repute. But you carry on living your dream.
There is advice and there is being plane messy. No I don't think you read it at all and just because I don't speak like you do or talk as you do, doesn't mean that I don't know English.

Whomever was that said that can the poster can have several seats.

I don't care, over 111 people read my words and none of you are those people. I really appreciate those who did.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

carrie wrote:Frater you started this thread advertising your book, no one posted on here that hey guys I see Frater has written another book and it's awful. No YOU drew everyone's attention to it now if your not able to stand a little creative criticism then your not much of an author. Even the best authors face criticism at one time or another how many times in the past have really famous men and women had their work rejected by publishers. I suggest that if your not able to man up to well meaning and I thought helpful remarks then you would be best not mentioning any of your future works on here.
Try reading it first and then critize. You did not. One thing that I don't like for people to do to me is stab me in the back. You are so two faced and I cannot stand people like you.Like.. don't play nice if you don't want to. Like stop trying to be nice to me because you feel sorry for me I cannot stand that I hate for people to act nice to me because they pity me.

If I asked for it then I will receive your pity.

This advice did not come from a sincere place and you know that.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:Frater.....in case you haven't understood what we're saying regarding correct English, here's a typical paragraph from your book "My Life Before". I've highlighted words which are either misspelled , or phrases which contain incorrect grammar and/or syntax. These are errors which a proof reader would identify and correct

"I believed that the song played as a sign telling me remember, remember who you once were. After the incident, I’ve told some of my closet friends, or people who I thought (were) my friends about my experience and even the picture that of Seti, and I even told them who I thought he was. One of my friends didn’t think that it looked like him. “How can you not see the similarities? The lips and the face” I said to myself in thought. Word did have gotten out about this to this classmate about this and he wasn’t happy about this . “So much for trust” I said to myself. Man, did I felt like an idiot in that moment. After that, I never really trust anyone ever again let alone told someone about my experience."
I'm sure that you are aware by now that I'm not very fond of you. You're an ass whole...scratch that a... complete ass whole and I'm sick of it.

I'm sorry that you a miserable but I cannot be miserable with you I just cannot I have to have some level of happiness for myself because I'm already too broken. You will not cause me to fade away in more pain because your ignorance and arrogance.