Mubarak Up For Murder.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Mubarak Up For Murder.

Post by Hafiz »

Mubarak Up For Murder. Hopefully.

Al Ahram makes no mention of it. Maybe it detracts from the election.

On March 2 (or maybe 1 March) that old crocodile was in the Cairo courts (wasn’t he close to death 6 years ago, so close that he spent years in hospital but now he is living in his mansion compound on Sinai and able to attend court without a lot of medical bags on a portable stand).

This is a retrial for the killing of protestors in 2011.

There were supporters in both the courtroom and on the street. They were possibly on day release from a psychiatric institution.

“Lawyers representing the families of those killed in the 2011 uprising called for the charges against Mubarak to be upgraded to murder and demanded that the court also summon Sisi, who was head of military intelligence at the time.”

Now I know why the orifices of the state didn’t run the story.
http://en.aswatmasriya.com/news/details/18521

It will be interesting to see how he gets off - as I'm sure he will, In the Egyptian command and control system everything got referred up. We know from Wikileaks diplomatic cables that even the arrest of a US citizen was referred to Mubarak personally. Therefore its near certain that he agreed to live rounds and then to firing.

I’ve upgraded my Circles of Hell. Al Ahram isn’t on the bottom its now Egypt Today.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Mubarak Up For Murder.

Post by newcastle »

I think you're referring to a court case of March 2017.

He was acquitted, ending any prospect of him being held to account for the deaths in the 2011 uprising.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

There is something wrong with me. Before I posted I had the same doubts as you and checked the date/newspaper several times and kept on seeing 2018. I even checked the 2018 calendar.

Bearing this in mind I will avoid all major decisions for a week - especially ones with numbers like financial transactions. Thanks. ;)
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Oohhpps looks like there will be some Lawyers going missing in the near future