Egypt increases prices for gas cylinders.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt increases prices for gas cylinders.

Post by DJKeefy »

The Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources in Egypt began on Saturday to enforcing an increase to the prices of butane gas cylinders. The increases are by LE 5 for household cylinders and LE 10 for commercial cylinders.

The prices of household cylinders increased from LE 65 to LE 70, while the prices of commercial consumption cylinders increased from LE 130 to LE 140.

An official source said that the increase came after a wave of global rises in the petroleum products markets, noting that the volume of subsidy directed to the production of butane cylinders is high.

The cost of producing a household gas cylinder is about LE 130, while it is sold to the consumer at LE 65, before it was recently increased to LE 70.

Butane gas consumption rates have witnessed a decline during the past months, with the intensification of natural gas deliveries to homes: as well as the introduction of gas to Decent Life areas, where the consumption rate was about 1.2 million cylinders per day, and the rate has now decreased to about 900,000.

Petroleum sector’s success in eliminating the shortage of butane cylinders, especially after the increase in the number of ports receiving butane shipments, after they were limited to the ports of Alexandria and Suez.

The number of ports has been increased, as well as the number of butane warehouses, with the availability of huge stocks.

Source: https://www.egyptindependent.com/egypt- ... cylinders/

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Egypt increases prices for gas cylinders.

Post by Yildez »

The price of gas bottles has increased here in Turkey too. I bought one at the end of September for 150TLira. My cleaner tells me she bought one last week - 250TLira, so a very substantial increase! The official rate of inflation is 21.5%, but in reality it’s nearer 40%. The TLira has been in free fall over the last couple of weeks, with the Sterling exchange rate soaring from 12.5TLira to the £ in October to 18.129TLira to the £ today. To say the economy is not looking good is an understatement!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I bought a bottle yesterday, 80le, I of course gave him more he did go and get it for me and put it on.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Anyone noticed that the worldwide gas price has gone through the roof.

The Egyptian increase is far less than the world rate....so they’re still subsidising heavily.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

My energy bill went up this month by about 40%
I only used about 20% more Gas this month.

Oddly enough, LPG for cars is still reasonably priced in the garages, hovering at about 50% of petrol prices.

Petrol and diesel have gone up quite considerably in the last 6 weeks, diesel is now over 1.50 per litre !

I used to use the premium diesel because the extra MPG I could achieve with premium balanced out the cost, but now it does not.

At least the electric car revolution is really taking hold, it's something I pay a lot of attention to, and these vehicles should be well within the price range of the average motorist as the second hand market starts to become populated, along with good leasing packages.
It's fascinating to see how the technology has moved forward in just the last couple of years.
Fast charging taking a vehicle from 20% to 85% charge in less than half an hour, typically giving a further 160 miles range. Any cars can now get 60 miles from a 5 minute charge !

Home chargers are becoming more popular and some cars and home charge systems will even allow your car to power your home !

That could come in handy, especially with those last 2 storms we encountered.

If you live in Scotland, you can now drive electric cars completely green, as Scotland now has 97% renewable energy.

Here in Wales we only have 25% renewable energy for our 3 million people. However we produce a lot more than that, but we sell a large percentage to the English, so we are left with just 25% renewable.

Strange how we lost most of our land to the English, then they came back for our water, and now our electricity, and the cheeky buggers are now moving here to escape the city now they realise they don't have to work at an office.
Having said that, my home is worth a lot more than it was 2 years ago. 😎