Court upholds verdict sacking Morsi's PM, 1 year jail

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Court upholds verdict sacking Morsi's PM, 1 year jail

Post by DJKeefy »

Court upholds verdict sacking Morsi's PM Qandil, sentencing him to prison.

Endorsement of verdict comes amid unconfirmed reports that Egypt President Morsi will be overthrown within hours.

An Egyptian appeals court endorsed on Monday a verdict relieving Prime Minister Hisham Qandil of his duties and sentencing him to one year in prison for not executing a court ruling.

The appeals court's endorsement of the verdict against Qandil comes amid unconfirmed reports that President Mohamed Morsi, who appointed the premier, will be overthrown within a few hours.

Qandil was convicted for failing to execute a verdict ordering the reinstatement of employees at Tanta Flax and Oil Company and for annulling the company's sale to a Saudi businessman.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/75629.aspx

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Court upholds verdict sacking Morsi's PM, 1 year jail

Post by Hafiz »

So the luckless and not very competent Qandil has been found guilty of a crime. Sounds like contempt of court which might be a widespread crime in Egypt over the past decade or 5. With all the criminality abroad in Egypt his crime of disobeying a court order heads the list of priority crimes that is if you believe that preserving the court's power and prestige is a pressing Egyptian priority. You can see that the judges are really on the job of protecting Egypt or is it about protecting themselves or taking further potshots at the (now removed) government.

Must have been a very quick trial given he has been in office well short of twelve months. Surely a record for Egyptian courts whilst they labor valiantly for years to deliver verdicts, or even commence trials, on the real crooks who abused power whilst they lined their pockets. Compared with the usual lethargy of Egyptian lawyers and judges this conviction is almost summary justice

Whats happened to all those murder charges against police and politicians for the Cairo killings 2 1/2 years ago?

Where is Mubarak, he's been quiet for a while and his trial, and that of his kleptomaniac sons, seems to have disappeared into the ether. Maybe their honors will find the time to start or finish these.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

!

Post by Bullet Magnet »

This is REALLY GREAT :up :up :up :up

Egypt showing the Politicians what shoudl happen when they lie and **** up !

I Move that EVERY POLITICIAN in the world be held accountable if that is the game THEY want to play... :cool:

if you screw up you go to jail, and hand back the ill gotten gains, .

Enter Politics, Listen and act on what the PEOPLE want, and you have no other interests in any business whatsoever. :stp :stp :stp :stp
Watch our spineless, chinless upper class twats from Eaton run a mile... :cg

People Power... Thank You Egypt for showing us the way... :up :up :up

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.