Egypt hopes for a ‘no strike’ scenario against Syria

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt hopes for a ‘no strike’ scenario against Syria

Post by Dusak »

Thers very little that annoys me on this planet, but these damn vids playing on their own really gets on my left tit! :stp

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

What kind of Witchcraft and sorcery is this that you speak of ?
Never have I had videos play automatically, and it is a stupid idea for it to be that way.. :urm:

I will have a look around the Options in the users control panel and see if there is a way to stop this from happening,
as I use both Firefox and IE on this forum on several different computers, and not one video Auto Plays. :tk

I'l be back :cool:

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I don't have that problem! :ni:

Laptop, iPhone and Firefox.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

It's one for Keefy i I think: I have checked the code that I paste into the topic, and there is no Autoplay in the code.. :tk
Also, this wast an issue a while ago. looking at old topics, the video links to Youtube were different than they are today..

The code that invokes it is this ?rel=0&autoplay=1

The 1 needs to be substituted to 0

Just making sure... Normally I put more effort into helping people, but today... :td

anyway, Enjoy :cool:

phpBB [video]
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Jewel quotes the Daily Record as stating that the UK exported sarin gas chemicals to Syria. This rag is selective and gives limited attention to the fact that the chemicals exported have multiple genuine uses and that there is no proof that the exported chemicals were used in sarin gas.

Any fool knows that Assad has one of the largest chemical weapons arsenals in the world and has had it for decades. A half literate member of the Commons Committee on Weapons exports and his friend the Scot anti-weapons campaigner must know this and therefore know that any new exports of precursor chemicals would, almost certainly, not be needed to supplement his huge existing capacity. They are either stupid or playing political and public relations games.

The arguments against ‘meddling US’ and the risks of intervention (a la Iraq) miss the point that Assad and his regime are a threat to the world and definitely a threat to Syrians. He not only has gas but was well onto the way of an atomic bomb when the Israeli’s bombed his 2 nuclear installations 7 or 8 years ago. His father bombed Homs to the stone age about 12 years ago killing about 50,000 civilians. Assad supports international terrorism and has harbored al Qaeda for decades in return for agreements to not intervene in Syrian politics. The last point is disputed.

Has anyone wondered why chemical warfare is a distinctly Middle Eastern thing. Neither Hitler, Stalin or Mao, all on whom had chemical weapons, ever used them but Assad has used them more than once as has Sadam. The worst criminals in history have never resorted to this but it is common in this small part of the world where dictators already have immense armies but look for more dangerous weapons. Who would think that Hitler and Stalin could provide a moral standard for Assad.

I realize that Hitler used chemical weapons in the camps but he didn’t use them to win battles in the field. Maybe the argument breaks down here and maybe the point is that even the greatest monsters in history behaved as Assad is and some of these monsters behaved better than Assad as far as chemical weapons.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Just came to this page - and a video started playing automatically! It seems that the videos that autoplay are definitely from BM - the small ones that Keefy uploaded showing the demonstrations in Luxor did not do that.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Hafiz, the Nazi's used both mustard gas and phosgene gas in WW1, both classed as chemical weapons. Both these weapons killed in a far worse manner than what ever Syria used on their population.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I was going to mention that... Dusak.. :up

"Oh how we are deceived by the education we receive"

I just made that one up.. :up
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

LivinginLuxor wrote:Just came to this page - and a video started playing automatically! It seems that the videos that autoplay are definitely from BM - the small ones that Keefy uploaded showing the demonstrations in Luxor did not do that.
I cant fathom it.... I do not use the Autoplay string in the links... just the raw URL :tk

Anyhow, I don't seem to have too many problems in my life, sometimes I wonder if I live on the same planet as the rest of the Human Race... :cg
but I am sure the feeling is mutual.. :cool:
biosceptic

Post by biosceptic »

Dusak wrote:Hafiz, the Nazi's used both mustard gas and phosgene gas in WW1, both classed as chemical weapons. Both these weapons killed in a far worse manner than what ever Syria used on their population.
Nazis :?: :?: :?: Word War 1 :?: :?: :?:
The Kaiser would turn over in his grave :D :D :D
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

:lol: Mustard gas was used by the Germans in WW1

We all know about the gasses the Nazi's used in WW2 as well...

Napalm and Agent Orange in Vietnam..
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Agent Orange is a particularly vicious gas that is still affecting lots of the guys and gals who got sprayed with it. Causing all sorts of long term physical damage.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I remember watching a documentary years ago about the millions gallons of agent orange that was dropped. It destroyed the trees and plant life, plus destroyed hundreds of people in the short/long term and still does to this day from birth defects. But they also deployed another chemical, Agent Blue. This was specifically produced and used for the destruction on food crops to prevent the Vietnamese fighters from having supplies of food. The only ones to suffer was the innocent population that had to evacuate by the millions as food shortages set in. The same type of people that the US is saying that THEY have to protect in Syria from chemical bombardment. How times change, for some.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Monsanto, = Pure Evil.. American Company of course..
They set up a coven in Cefn Mawr in 1919. under the guise of Flexys in the latter years..
Typical corporations changing names, to hide away from legitimate Lawsuits against them and the bad reputation they earned..
They are gone now, but they polluted the Sacred River Dee several times. Good Riddance as well.. :dv
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Monsanto, = Pure Evil.. American Company of course..
They set up a coven in Cefn Mawr in 1919. under the guise of Flexys in the latter years..
Typical corporations changing names, to hide away from legitimate Lawsuits against them and the bad reputation they earned..
They are gone now, but they polluted the Sacred River Dee several times. Good Riddance as well.. :dv
And you know this how?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Know What ? :ni:
All of what I said ?

I live 9 miles away from Cefn Mawr.
I have seen the pollution for myself, and they always got away with it, via a backhander to someone somewhere.
Just in case you think I may not be telling the truth..
phpBB [video]

( the Coven) is an apt name in my opinion for the Factory they set up here.

Information on MONSANTO.
get your eyes around this..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

Any more questions ? :cg
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Disgusting! As you state BM, as long as the cash flows unabated, so will the pollution. The Welsh water authorities have a lot to answer to. Magnificent river the Dee, spent countless hours canoeing up and down it in my youth. As I did the Severn and the river Why stopping off at Symonds Yat for a pint of cider to enjoy the peace and beauty of the place.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

We banished this Evil from whence it came back in 2012.. The sigh of relief far outweighed any job loss issues.. :cg
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

The British and the French, along with the German's, used gas in the First World War. I didn't mention the former 2 because of likely fallout on me from some forum members.

No combatant in the First War used gas on civilians and it is its use against civilians which is the problem here and now.

Whatever the US did is irrelevant. These types of arguments, which equate one evil with another, are just a slippery way out of condemning the here and now. Soon we will he hearing about Ceaser's genocide in Gaul and how this affects modern Italy's position on gas. Its almost a collective guilt argument which disqualifies some for making criticism for decades and maybe for centuries.

The argument runs a bit like this. The US behaved badly in the Vietnam war; No-one else behaved badly in the Vietnam War; Therefore America can never criticize, in others and in the future, anything it has done in the past. Therefore America has no right to prevent in the future what it has once done itself in the past.

I shouldn't have to go into Vietnam but will because of the lies, distortions and urban myths about chemicals in that war. 24D and 245T used by the US in Vietnam and with the accompanying Dieldrin, were not known at the time to cause genetic defects. This only became clear later. At the time these defoliants were used to remove growth protecting enemy troops. It was never used to intentionally kill or injure. Surely the lack of knowledge at the time and the purpose for its use are relevant in judging its morality. In addition the US congress has conducted subsequently exhaustive hearings on this matter which have raised the possibility that negative effects on humans is due in part or whole to chemical changes in the original compounds following unintended exposure to high heat. The Vietnamese may not have been the only victims as many Vietnam Vets in the US and Australia claim that contact with the chemicals had led to defects in their children.

This whole Vietnam story has become an urban myth but not a rural one because these chemicals were used widely in Australian farms until the early 1980's which no damage to humans that I am aware of. I used it a lot and I'm not dead and not deformed in any way which causes me problems.

Nothing in the past justifies the present or undermines the right to condemn.

Get a grip. The world would be better without Assad, his murderous mother and his crocked friends and relatives who have enriched themselves whilst bleeding Syria white. This man is not using defoliants nor mustard gas against enemy soldiers. He is a monster and his family, including his dead father, have one of the worst track records in the world for killing their own people to maintain their hold on power and the wealth that goes with their dictatorship.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yes but the potency of the types you used in your life time was governed by strict international laws. The ones used in Vietnam was of a more potent mix far exceeding those international laws, hence the birth deformities and deaths. The Americans are not week willed when it suits them, if they could of nuked the place they would have.