Egypt's Morsi faces fresh charge

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt's Morsi faces fresh charge

Post by DJKeefy »

Egyptian prosecutors slapped Saturday ousted president Mohamed Morsi with a fresh charge of "insulting the judicial authority."

Morsi's detention was extended by four more days pending investigations into the new charge.

Morsi is still held incommunicado since his ouster by the armed forces following protests 3 July.

Throughout his one-year rule, Morsi's administration was at odds with the judiciary. The peak of the confrontation came in November 2012, when Morsi released an abrupt decree sacking the prosecutor general and immunising the Islamist-led Shura Council and Constituent Assembly from judicial dissolution.

On 26 July, Morsi received his first 15-day detention order pending investigaions into espionage and jailbreak charges.

He is accused of collaborating with Hamas to orchestrate his escape from Wadi El-Natroun Prison in early 2011, as well as destroying police records during the 2011 uprising. In addition, he faces charges of espionage, and of attacking police stations with the intent to kill and abduct police officers and prisoners during the 2011 uprising.

Morsi, along with dozens of other members of the Muslim Brotherhood, escaped from prison during the 2011 revolution that toppled predecessor Hosni Mubarak. The Palestinian Hamas and Lebanese Hizbullah groups have been accused of aiding in the plot to attack prisons, resulting in the release of inmates.

Most of the Brotherhood's top leaders are currently detained on charges of inciting violence during recent or past clashes.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/80995.aspx

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt's Morsi faces fresh charge

Post by Dusak »

And let us not forget that in his early days before his last days he wore red socks on TV, so to my mind that's worth another four days. This was on an interview on Nile TV in Arabic so the socks took my attention. He had a little scrat about on this one as well.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

He should also be charged with 'assault to the public sensibilities' when taped scratching his privates ......
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Dusak wrote:And let us not forget that in his early days before his last days he wore red socks on TV, so to my mind that's worth another four days. This was on an interview on Nile TV in Arabic so the socks took my attention. He had a little scrat about on this one as well.
Scrat.... :up :up :up

Epic Scrat .... :cg

phpBB [video]
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Much prefer this scrat than the Egyptian mind meld 'lets root around in public' one. :up Could you find one with singing crabs? I think the two would go together well. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'd second that!