Car bomb near Egypt army intelligence building wounds six

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Car bomb near Egypt army intelligence building wounds six

Post by DJKeefy »

At least five soldiers and a man whose occupation is yet to be revealed were wounded on Saturday when a car bomb exploded near an army intelligence building in Ismailia, northeast of Cairo, security sources and state media said.

The sources said another undetonated car bomb was found while security personnel were sweeping the area. The force of the blast caused part of the military intelligence building's wall to collapse, one of the sources said.

Army recruit Abdel-Salam El-Sayed, 24, suffered a 3-cm wound to the head, while Mohamed Saber, a 21-year-old soldier, sustained a back injury and a 6-cm wound to the head.

Senior Warrant Officer Ahmed El-Shafei, 40, suffered a 4-cm wound to the head. All three were rushed to the Military Galaa Hospital, according to Al-Ahram's Arabic website.

Sergeant Ahmed Ibrahim, 32, was wounded in the eye and was taken to the Public Hospital, while 20-year-old Abdel-Ghani Mostafa sustained a 2-cm wound to the neck. The latter was treated at the scene.

Abdel Kader Ahmed, a 58-year-old man who lives in the area, is in a coma, Al-Ahram reported. He suffered injuries to the torso and abdominal area and is now in the University Hospital.

Egyptian military spokesperson Ahmed Ali has labelled the explosion a "terrorist attack" against the Egyptian people. "This is a continuation of a series of cowardly terrorist attacks committed by sectarian factions against the people of Egypt," he added in a Facebook statement.

A surge in violence against army and police forces has hit the largely lawless Sinai peninsula, adjoining the Palestinian Gaza strip and Israel.

Militants mostly based in North Sinai have escalated attacks on security targets since 3 July, when the army deposed president Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood and installed a new government in response to mass protests acorss the nation against his rule.

The Brotherhood, now outlawed in Egypt, called his ouster a coup, whereas the army says it was responding to the will of the people.

Security forces have killed hundreds of the movement's supporters since August, when they dispersed two protest camps. Over the past months, a number of security personnel have also been killed in the recurrent violence.

The Egyptian army launched a large military operation in Sinai in September to clear it of armed militants, seizing weapons including anti-aircraft missiles and hand grenades.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/84260.aspx

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Car bomb near Egypt army intelligence building wounds si

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

And so the terrorism starts and continues....going to make Egypt's bounce back harder if this type of thing continues
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Unfortunately yes you are correct LLL, not many people go to Baghdad for this reason. If we had one in Luxor that would kill the tourism off for good.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Funny you should mention Baghdad, I was thinking the same thing this morning while I was in the kitchen making my tea.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Is it known if this was done by infiltrators or not Glyph? I ask this because this could put a whole new meaning on things. I suppose there will be extra vigilance and control points going up to help protect the people of Cairo.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

If you think about it, anyone at pretty much any time can kill anyone they want anywhere in the world. They might have to change their methods depending on the circumstances, e.g. in airports and airplanes, but they can do it. If you wanted to go out and stab the people you are making bricks with this morning or bash one of them over the head with a hoe, you could. Not suggesting you would, but really my point is the only real barrier to such things happening is people's consciences. If there are people motivated to do these things and see a benefit to them, they will do them.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Yes I cn understand that, but its hard when you come from a different culture that these killings are either in the name of religion or some minor skirmish, and more so when your own culture is that these goings on are against everything we stand for. Yes I understand you do not have to be of this faith or that faith to kill innocent people, but it amazes me how people from anywhere in the world can do it and feel no remorse, just as though its an everyday occurrence. I would never dream of doing such things and have always believed in the fact if you have a grievance, approach the person and come to some form of mutual agreement, if you cannot then stay out of each others space.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I find it odd that you assume that bombing an intelligence building would have anything to do with religion.
Emma84

Post by Emma84 »

Never in a million years did i ever think i would be living so close to were a car bomb would go off.It sure enough scared the hell out of me when it went off.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Emma84 wrote:Never in a million years did i ever think i would be living so close to were a car bomb would go off.It sure enough scared the hell out of me when it went off.
At least you are safe and not one of the casualties. It must of been a very frightening occurrence and not one I would like to experience.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Emma84 wrote:Never in a million years did i ever think i would be living so close to were a car bomb would go off.It sure enough scared the hell out of me when it went off.
I was hoping that you had already left.