Citizens will pay 25 piasters for kilo of subsidized sugar

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Citizens will pay 25 piasters for kilo of subsidized sugar

Post by DJKeefy »

Minister: Citizens will pay 25 piasters for kilo of subsidized sugar.

Citizens will bear only 25 piasters of the actual cost of the kilo of subsidized sugar, said the Minister of Supply and Internal Trade Khaled Hanafy in a seminar held by Al-Masry Al-Youm Friday.

He added the same applies for a kilo of subsidized rice and the bottle of oil.

Citizens will pay 75 piasters for each chicken, and one pound for the kilo of meat, said Hanafy.

There are hotlines dedicated to receiving complaints from citizens in attempt to control the market, the minister pointed out.

More than 80 percent of food and other non-food products produced by both the public and private companies are currently available at ministry-affiliated outlets in all governorates, according to Hanafy.

In a related context, ministry-affiliated outlets in governorates witnessed quarrels and fights between citizens due to shortages in subsidized goods allocated to the month of July.

Many economists have criticized Egypt's continued reliance on subsidized goods as the Wall Street Journal reported in March it absorbed 28 percent of the national budget. Meanwhile, the main benefactors of the subsidies are the upper-class Egyptians, who consume much more subsidies goods at the lower prices.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com//news/m ... ized-sugar

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Citizens will pay 25 piasters for kilo of subsidized sug

Post by Dusak »

Although I don't doubt the report, I have trouble understanding it. Only yesterday my friend informed me that the cost of subsidized sugar for the poor has gone up from 2.5Le to 4Le per kilo. Similar price hikes have been made to flower and rice. She did mention that they have been informed that they would soon be receiving subsidized fish [the dried salty stuff], meat and pasta.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Dusak wrote:Although I don't doubt the report, I have trouble understanding it. Only yesterday my friend informed me that the cost of subsidized sugar for the poor has gone up from 2.5Le to 4Le per kilo. Similar price hikes have been made to flower and rice. She did mention that they have been informed that they would soon be receiving subsidized fish [the dried salty stuff], meat and pasta.
Do the poor really need flower? Better to have flour to knead!

:dv
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Talking of flowers, what has a rose bush and your good self parents have in common? Both produced pricks.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Dusak wrote:Talking of flowers, what has a rose bush and your good self parents have in common? Both produced pricks.
Ouch! :sd
Smile! It confuses people
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Thats where the extra tax on fuels etc is going, to support their own. so no need to complain.