Trying to attract the British Tourist

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Trying to attract the British Tourist

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Luxor News Live

‫#‏الأقصر‬: 92 عاما على إكتشاف مقبرة توت «عنخ أمون»
مباشر من الأقصر
رانيا عبدالعاطى :
في اطار السعي لتنشيط ‫#‏السياحة‬ وعودة التدفقات السياحية ، تقوم ‫#‏الاقصر‬ باطلاق الاحتفالية الخاصة بها بالذكري الـ92 لاكتشاف مقبرة توت عنخ امون من لندن ضمن الفعاليات التي يقوم بتنظيمها جناح الأقصر بسوق السياحة العالمية الذي يفتتح بالعاصمة البريطانية في الثالث من شهر نوفمبر المقبل
تشارك الأقصر بجناح خاص ووفد سياحي يترأسه ‫#‏محافظ‬ الأقصر اللواء طارق سعد الدين ، سيقدم عرضا لأهم الاكتشافات الأثرية الحديثة علي أرض الأقصر ، ومراحل المشروع المصري الضخم لكشف واحياء طريق الكباش الفرعوني الذي يربط بين معبدي ‫#‏الكرنك‬ والأقصر الأثريين بطول 2700 متر ، ومجموعة الفعاليات السياحية والمهرجانات الفنية التي ستقام علي أرض الأقصر خلال الفترة المقبلة وفي مقدمتها مهرجان الأقصر للسينما الأفريقية ، ومهرجان الأقصر للسينما المصرية الأوروبية ، واحتفالية الذكري الـ 110 لاكتشاف مقبرة الملكة نفرتاري في غرب الأقصر ، والمهرجان الدولي الأول للموسيقات الصوفية والتراثية .
وقال نائب رئيس غرفة وكالات وشركات السفر والسياحة في الأقصر محمد عثمان ان مشاركة الأقصر في بورصة لندن تتضمن اقامة ندوة في المتحف البريطاني يومي 2 و3 نوفمبر حول دخول معابد الكرنك الفرعونية موسوعة جينيس للأرقام القياسية كأكبر دور حجرية للعبادة في التاريخ ، ومن المنتظر أن يشارك في الندوة علماء مصريات بريطانيون ومصريون وعدد من منظمي الرحلات السياحية ببريطانيا .
كما يعقد محافظ الأقصر اللواء طارق سعد الدين وخبراء السياحة في المحافظة مجموعة من اللقاءات وورش العمل مع أصحاب ومديري شركات السياحة البريطانية ، لبحث سبل عودة السياح الانجليز للأقصر مجددا ، بجانب لقاءات مع كبريات الشركات المنظمة للرحلات السياحية في العالم.
# 92-year-old Luxor: the discovery of the tomb of tut Ankh Amun "» direct from Luxor Rania Atty: in an effort to revitalize tourism and tourist flows #, the # Luxor launched its commemorative anniversary of discovery of the tomb of Tutankhamun London events organized Suite Luxor global tourism market which opens in London on 3 November involved a special and suite of Luxor tourist delegation headed by major General Tariq, the Governor of Luxor # Saad Eddin, the presentation of the most important archaeological discoveries of the modern land Luxor, Egypt the huge project to detect and revive the Pharaonic Sphinxes that connects the temples of Karnak and Luxor # archeologists along 2700 m, group events and art festivals to be held in Luxor during the coming period, especially the African Film Festival of Luxor and Luxor for Egyptian Cinema Festival, the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the discovery of the tomb of the Queen 110 Nefertari in Western Luxor, the first International Festival of Sufi music and heritage.

Deputy Chief rooms agencies and travel companies and tourism in Luxor Mohamed Osman said the participation of Luxor on the London Stock Exchange with a symposium at the British Museum on 2 and 3 November on entry into temples of Karnak pharaonic Guinness Book of records as the largest stone houses of worship in history, is expected to participate in the Symposium, British and Egyptian Egyptian scientists and a number of tour operators in Britain.

The Governor of Luxor also holds major general Tarek Saad Eddin and tourism experts in a series of meetings and workshops with owners and managers of British tourism companies, to discuss ways to back the English tourists to Luxor again, along with interviews with major companies to tour the world. (Translated by Bing)

Source Luxor News Live https://www.facebook.com/LuxorLive1?fref=nf

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Trying to attract the British Tourist

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

What is important to me when I'm choosing a location to holiday is:

1) proximity to airport
2) safe, secure, clean hotel with restaurant, pool, sitting areas (inside & outside) with fast free wifi
3) ideally be located within a city or small town where I can hassle free stroll out for the day for a choice of shopping, museums/churches/temples/galleries, beaches, zoos, cultural & eco destinations nearby or within a day trip.

What Luxor offers is very enticing by way of antiquities however just can't see returning at this time.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Has Mr Bing got the dates right ?
or am I and the British Museum just thick ?….:cool: "da good ol days is over folks back to poverty and back to reality…..:cool:
Sunday 2 November
Reshuffling the deck: card game workshop
Free / Digital workshop / Samsung Centre
Around the world in 90 minutes
Book now / £12 / Highlights tour / Great Court
Reshuffling the deck: card game workshop
Free / Digital workshop / Samsung Centre
Around the world in 90 minutes
Book now / £12 / Highlights tour / Great Court
The Kingdom and the Beauty
Book now / £3 / Film / Stevenson Lecture Theatre
Monday 3 November
Curator's introduction to Germany: memories of a nation
Book now / Free / Lecture / BP Lecture Theatre
Members' evening
Free / Members' evening / British Museum

Ps: Personally speaking why would anyone attempt to woo back the British tourist ? I can think of nothing worse now your British Traveller different kettle of fish...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

With respect, Dr Who, you're not exactly poverty stricken though, are you?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Who2 wrote:Has Mr Bing got the dates right ?
If Mr. Bing has got the dates wrong so has the World Travel Market website.
World Travel Market 3 - 6 November 2014 • London http://www.wtmlondon.com/
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

What would you say are the top three things the average person from the UK just MUST have on a daily basis to make their life comfortable?

When I'm away from home I definitely need morning coffee, a comfy place to lounge during the day and a comfortable and quiet place to sleep at night. Those are my 3 must haves that it fairly easy for me to go anywhere .....
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Here's a good idea to attract visitors to Egypt…..
Having been in blighty for a bit now and watching channel 4 news for the first time last night it seems safer to live in Egypt than England well safer than Manchester with all that radicalisation going on here, well if you have to live in Manchester for any length of time being radicalized and popping over to Syria sounds quite attractive, to me.
We used to pop up to the Twisted Wheel club on a Saturday sometimes, but you really wouldn't want to live there.
I must say the media and powers to be are playing this fear thing to the max over here, immigration carrying ebola suicide bombers that abound is remarakable….:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.