Domestic Abuse in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Domestic Abuse in Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Interesting article

"It wasn’t easy growing up as a teenage Muslim girl, with a father who thought he owned your body just because he put a roof over your head or food on the table. Not just that—this was a Muslim man who perverted the teachings of his own religion to justify the sexual abuse that he inflicted upon me, his own daughter.

He would say a good girl “must listen” and “respect” her father’s needs.

“You think I’m spending all this money on you just so another man can have you?” he would say to me as he tried to brush up against my breasts or backside. He would make jokes out of it. But I knew this abuse was no joke. I would scream at the top of my lungs, curse him, and sometimes even slap him in the face to defend myself.

It’s difficult and almost impossible to explain what it feels like to be treated like a piece of property, a useless object that is only created to satisfy the sexual desires of a man—especially when that man is your own father. I was so embarrassed by what he did that I was scared to bring home my girlfriends. I was scared they’d find him out. I was scared of being judged.

At times, I even blamed myself. I thought if I dressed more conservatively that maybe he would stop. But it didn’t stop."

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/03/23/e ... -in-egypt/

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Domestic Abuse in Egypt

Post by Who2 »

Get the behind me Satan or as in the Islamic World 3ft behind me woman…. :cool:
Ps: I very much doubt that they will ever progress until they treat the opposite sex as equals.
Pss: Similar to pricks in the church not letting woman become priests ignorant as 'pig-sh*t. What gets me so many so-called religious wimmin agree with the church, daft or just plain ignorant.
Last edited by Who2 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Thanks for posting this article Newcastle.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

"Egyptian" Streets-The new BikyaMasr-but straight from a teenager's dorm room in Australia. Seems to be headed down the same depraved sex theme path, probably funded by nebulous sources, just like BM.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Glyphdoctor wrote:"Egyptian" Streets-The new BikyaMasr-but straight from a teenager's dorm room in Australia. Seems to be headed down the same depraved sex theme path, probably funded by nebulous sources, just like BM.
Spoken like an ostrich :lol:

ES covers a huge range of topics....hardly any "depraved sex themes" that I've noticed.

You'd prefer to keep these issues under the carpet?
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Egyptian Streets is not a credible news source. It was literally started by a 19 year old college student in Australia out of his dorm room. But by calling it "Egyptian Streets" he fooled enough people to actually think the news was coming from Egyptian streets rather than him just rehashing articles he found on Ahram one or two hours earlier. I didn't bother to click on the link but it reads either like a total fabrication or he just watched an episode Sabaya al-Khair on YouTube and transcribed it into English. I don't think the issue should be pushed under the rug but this is just a sensationalist trashy way of dealing with it.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

What ever the origin of the story, makes no difference really it could be transposed to every country in the world. Sexual/physical/mental abuse amongst family members should be discussed and denounced in the strongest terms by all. If this article raises awareness of the problem then I for one don't care whether it was written in Australia or Timbuctoo.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Glyphdoctor wrote:"Egyptian" Streets-The new BikyaMasr-but straight from a teenager's dorm room in Australia. Seems to be headed down the same depraved sex theme path, probably funded by nebulous sources, just like BM.
Spoken like an ostrich :lol:

ES covers a huge range of topics....hardly any "depraved sex themes" that I've noticed.

You'd prefer to keep these issues under the carpet?
Just like one here on a good day newcastle, or should that be a dad day. Better to cover ones self, never know who's reading. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.