British delegation in Egypt to evaluate airport security

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Al-Masry Al-Youm
A delegation of security experts from British firm Control Risks will visit Marsa Alam International Airport to evaluate security procedures in view of ongoing terrorist threats, according to Mohamed Tamman, head of information and public relations at the airport.

The delegation will assess the procedures followed to secure travellers in the arrivals and departures halls, as well as in the luggage-loading area.

“This comes after the airport was notified by the Civil Aviation Ministry that a delegation from the company, which signed a contract with the ministry, had arrived to evaluate the security measures at Egyptian airports, in the aftermath of the Russian plane crash in Sinai,” Tamman said.

Civil Aviation Minister Hossam Kamal and Control Risks Middle East Director Andreas Carleton Smith signed the deal earlier this month in the presence of Prime Minister Sherif Ismail.

According to Kamal, the six-month agreement will be enforced in two stages, first lasting for six months maximum at a cost of less than US$700,000, covering the airports of Cairo, Sharm el-Sheikh and Marsa Alam.

Last week, the minister said it will establish a special company to take over airport security to assess and advise on airport security measures.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/br ... t-security

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: British delegation in Egypt to evaluate airport security

Post by A-Four »

I think you will find that I reported on this in my initial 'Good News' post on 12th February, things have advanced since then, however two little factors to give the full picture has now clearly developed.

No money has been set aside for Luxor airport. Why ?. The answer is because the funding for this whole project is being paid not by Egypt, but by the African Development Bank. Now, I am sure many British people will remember the old Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) and how they spread their money around, well think carefully, and again the full picture will develop before YOUR eyes.

As the Dr would say,..........it's a strange old world. :wi .