Trip of the Holy Family

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Trip of the Holy Family

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Egypt receives first tourists to take tour recreating trip of the Holy Family

Ahram Online , Tuesday 30 May 2017

Egypt’s tourism minister greeted on Tuesday 520 tourists of 20 nationalities who are the first to take part in a tour recreating the trip taken by the Holy Family of Jesus Christ, state news agency MENA reported.

The group landed in the country on 24 May and visited the Church of Abu Serga (St. Sergius) in Cairo.

The tourists will also visit Saint Catherine's Monastery in Sinai to retrace the trail of Moses.

Earlier this month, Tourism Minister Yehia Rashed headed to Rome for talks with the Vatican's tourism officials to discuss promoting tourism to Egypt as the site of the journey of Jesus and the Holy Family.
The journey from Bethlehem through Egypt by the Holy Family – Joseph, the Virgin Mary and Jesus – took over three years.

Egyptian tourism, a main pillar of the country's economy and a key source of hard currency, has been hit hard by years of political turmoil since the 2011 revolution.

The Egyptian minister's trip to the Vatican came soon after Pope Francis' visit to Cairo last month, which has been described as "historic."

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... creat.aspx

I know this type of tour would not appeal to many, or rather I should say, I know this type of tour will attract a limited, special interest, group of travellers, and it is along the lines of something I've long fancied doing. I do however wonder about the timing of it, given what appears to be an increasing number of attacks on Christians in Egypt.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Trip of the Holy Family

Post by Horus »

I do however wonder about the timing of it, given what appears to be an increasing number of attacks on Christians in Egypt.
Those were my thoughts exactly Hepzi :tk