Boat to Aswan

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Boat to Aswan

Post by Winged Isis »

Most welcome carrie. It was something I was advised against on my first visit by a couple of locals, though I hadn't intended to, even before I met my OH, so it's a long-standing problem. My husband rates them only just above caleche drivers, which says a lot. :lol:

You're not the one seemingly often half cut on here, and so frequently putting words into others' mouths and/or thinking they have ability to read their minds, forever imagining erroneously they can "interpret" their thoughts and "clarify" their comments. His last one once again "assumes" too much. :urm:

Carpe diem! :le:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I welcome any sensible, genuine, advise WI but I hardly thought loading the boat up with gin was a good idea and as to whether we would leave the boat before it arrived at it destination well that would be up to us and even if we did, since we had agreed a price to be taken on a trip and then abandoned it prematurely I would still expect to pay the full price.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:Has any one taken a felucca or motor boat down from Luxor to Aswan?
In your attempt to character assassinate my good self, with the aid of your side kick here from down under in Australia, may I remind you that I am no Major Thom, who polite as he is chooses to ignore your most continuous dreadful evil comments, that even most people ignore these days

I first looked at this subject post, I see that it's most senior forum member Mad Dilys has no knowledge of such travel, followed by Bennu who's journey was only short. I have done this journey from Asswan to Luxor several times by felucca during my time in Egypt, I know of some of the most remarkable places along this river that no cruise boat could ever stop at.

Most people with full knowledge of the Nile Valley reading the above initial post by Carrie would be dumbfounded at the idea that one could travel from Luxor to Asswan by MOTOR BOAT, had this been written by a future tourist from America, would be quite understandable, but to think that this has been written by a person who actually live in Luxor, proves only one thing,...........this person has not a clue as to life outside the tourist caccoon, known has Luxor.

No one here on this forum has given you help in your proposed adventure, except my good self, I do not seek gratitude, that is certainly short on supply on this forum anyhow. I think the last time I got a thank you from a person for my assistance was from a member called Kingrocker for my knowledge regarding the railway service to Abydos. However I do not use my time to accept insults from YOU or any one else for that matter.

I have to admit to the forum members that I am quite shocked at the above recent posts they have bothered me throughout the day especially the comment from Winged Isis, who I have actually met, and believe me you would not expect such language from such a person,.....but then again that is how it is, but certainly feel sure she will be able to aid Carrie's day by day travel itinerary.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
carrie wrote:Has any one taken a felucca or motor boat down from Luxor to Aswan?
In your attempt to character assassinate my good self, with the aid of your side kick here from down under in Australia, may I remind you that I am no Major Thom, who polite as he is chooses to ignore your most continuous dreadful evil comments, that even most people ignore these days

I first looked at this subject post, I see that it's most senior forum member Mad Dilys has no knowledge of such travel, followed by Bennu who's journey was only short. I have done this journey from Asswan to Luxor several times by felucca during my time in Egypt, I know of some of the most remarkable places along this river that no cruise boat could ever stop at.

Most people with full knowledge of the Nile Valley reading the above initial post by Carrie would be dumbfounded at the idea that one could travel from Luxor to Asswan by MOTOR BOAT, had this been written by a future tourist from America, would be quite understandable, but to think that this has been written by a person who actually live in Luxor, proves only one thing,...........this person has not a clue as to life outside the tourist caccoon, known has Luxor.

No one here on this forum has given you help in your proposed adventure, except my good self, I do not seek gratitude, that is certainly short on supply on this forum anyhow. I think the last time I got a thank you from a person for my assistance was from a member called Kingrocker for my knowledge regarding the railway service to Abydos. However I do not use my time to accept insults from YOU or any one else for that matter.

I have to admit to the forum members that I am quite shocked at the above recent posts they have bothered me throughout the day especially the comment from Winged Isis, who I have actually met, and believe me you would not expect such language from such a person,.....but then again that is how it is, but certainly feel sure she will be able to aid Carrie's day by day travel itinerary.
I've given your post a "like"....as you seem to set great store by such trivialities.

Hope it makes you feel better :up

As to the rest of it....... :a84: :58: :58: :58:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well at least we have moved from cliques to sidekicks might just be an improvement.
I will post more on the subject later :lol:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I and probably others will be interested in your pre-trip findings re cost, duration, en-route stops etc. please, and of course a report of the actual voyage.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It'll be interesting to see if the police give permission for a trip by motor launch Carrie, and if they do I look forward your proposed itinerary and to a review of the trip.

Not sure I'd fancy it myself......a bit "basic" compared to a dahabiya or Cruise ship.

I might have tried it 40 years ago :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Just to lower the tone even more, if you were to embark on such a trip which would probably take days, where would you go to the loo? Please don't say in the river!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

crewmeal wrote:Just to lower the tone even more, if you were to embark on such a trip which would probably take days, where would you go to the loo? Please don't say in the river!
Choose your palm tree :oops:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I know someone (in their 20s) who travelled with a small group on one, and it's not for those who like their luxury, that's for sure.