Kidnapping in Egypt is on the rise

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Kidnapping in Egypt is on the rise

Post by DJKeefy »

Kidnapping in Egypt is on the rise, this is what happens to 2 guys who try to kidnap a child in a village in Egypt.

The questioned asked is the revenge of the people better or handing them over to police?

phpBB [video]

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Kidnapping in Egypt is on the rise

Post by newcastle »

Lynch law should never have a place in a civilised society.

The scene reminds me of the Pakistani student beaten to death by fellow students who'd accused him of blasphemy.

Whatever crime the victim is supposedly guilty of, the proper course is to let the judicial system deal with it.

Unfortunately, Egypt is far from civilised in this area. Villagers taking the law into their own hands is not uncommon and sometimes overlooked by the authorities.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Yes, you can always rely on some out of touch old guy wearing a wig to dispense proper justice after being swayed by another couple of professional liars in a suit who’s raison d'etre is to twist the truth in his clients favour or to obtain a prosecution for the state. We have several good examples available of why we should place our trust in the hands of these bastions of law and order, the trial of OJ Simpson and Oscar Pistorius spring to mind. 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think, if it was the intent of these two, to kidnap a child, then they probably got the better deal receiving justice from the villagers against the other lot. However, I do think it would of been better to at least question them first to try and ascertain their true intent.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Yes, you can always rely on some out of touch old guy wearing a wig to dispense proper justice after being swayed by another couple of professional liars in a suit who’s raison d'etre is to twist the truth in his clients favour or to obtain a prosecution for the state. We have several good examples available of why we should place our trust in the hands of these bastions of law and order, the trial of OJ Simpson and Oscar Pistorius spring to mind. 8)
A vote for "sod justice, sod evidence, let's just assume they're guilty and string 'em up".

Of course judge or jury sometimes gets it wrong and a guilty man gets off. Most civilised people would accept that rather than have an innocent man condemned.

Lynch mobs never err. And if they do , well, accidents happen.

I take it you're not a fan of the concept of "innocent until proven (beyond reasonable doubt) guilty", notwithstanding that it's been the cornerstone of most justice systems for centuries and is embodied in the constitutions of many countries.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I am in favour of a jury of your peers being given the fact and then making a decision based on that and not of some overblown guy in a wig and a gown doing his damnedest to actually pervert the facts to suit his own agenda and of course fill their own pockets. Your response is typical of lawyer speak where you take what someone has said or done, give it your unique twist of verbal garbage in an attempt to twist the argument in your favour. I have said none of the above, but not surprisingly you have managed to twist it into "sod justice, sod evidence, let's just assume they're guilty and string 'em up" just as risible as most judges and lawyer actually are, one occupational step above a paedophile if I were to give brownie points. 8)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:I am in favour of a jury of your peers being given the fact and then making a decision based on that and not of some overblown guy in a wig and a gown doing his damnedest to actually pervert the facts to suit his own agenda and of course fill their own pockets. Your response is typical of lawyer speak where you take what someone has said or done, give it your unique twist of verbal garbage in an attempt to twist the argument in your favour. I have said none of the above, but not surprisingly you have managed to twist it into "sod justice, sod evidence, let's just assume they're guilty and string 'em up" just as risible as most judges and lawyer actually are, one occupational step above a paedophile if I were to give brownie points. 8)
It's a little difficult to divine what your view on the question posed by Keefy is...as you never answered it in any intelligible form..

A quick rant about judges (old) and bent lawyers (a favourite topic of yours). I'm beginning to think you have a "thing" about wigs'

Then switch to the O J Simpson & Pistorius trials. The former settled by a jury of his peers I recall. The latter by a judge. Whether she was wearing wig , I can't recall. She wasn't that old. I do recall some arcane discussion on something called dolus eventualis . And a judgement which was subsequently overturned in favour of a more serious offence.

What any of this has to do with lynch law justice is hard to discern. I can't have twisted your argument. You didn't make one!
as most judges and lawyer actually are, one occupational step above a paedophile

I think, the above being your view on the conventional justice system,that "sod justice, sod evidence, let's just assume they're guilty and string 'em up" is a fair paraphrasing of your standpoint.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You really are good at this drivel and feigned obfuscation, just about anything to try and win the argument eh? You always try to impress us with your self proclaimed intelligence, so just what is your criteria for that particular claim? We can start by dismissing our own chosen professions as neither of us can make a fair comparison unless we were in the same field. What may be seen as requiring academic skills in one field may be completely useless in another that may require other attributes in order to succeed.
So when we take that out of the equation why are you so sure that you are superior too, or could even compete on other levels of social interaction or abilities with myself or others? What makes you feel so superior to others? What special skill or abilities do you posses that I or others cannot match you on? and the converse also would apply. You may be the best mathematician on earth, but if you cannot build the spaceship then you are not going to Mars and of course vice versa, it takes all sorts and no skill or qualification can be deemed more important than another regardless of how true you wish that to be. 8)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:You really are good at this drivel and feigned obfuscation, just about anything to try and win the argument eh? You always try to impress us with your self proclaimed intelligence, so just what is your criteria for that particular claim? We can start by dismissing our own chosen professions as neither of us can make a fair comparison unless we were in the same field. What may be seen as requiring academic skills in one field may be completely useless in another that may require other attributes in order to succeed.
So when we take that out of the equation why are you so sure that you are superior too, or could even compete on other levels of social interaction or abilities with myself or others? What makes you feel so superior to others? What special skill or abilities do you posses that I or others cannot match you on? and the converse also would apply. You may be the best mathematician on earth, but if you cannot build the spaceship then you are not going to Mars and of course vice versa, it takes all sorts and no skill or qualification can be deemed more important than another regardless of how true you wish that to be. 8)
Oh dear! Inferiority complex on display again. :a86:

Sorry...what was your argument about lynch law versus conventional justice?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

newcastle wrote:
Horus wrote:You really are good at this drivel and feigned obfuscation, just about anything to try and win the argument eh? You always try to impress us with your self proclaimed intelligence, so just what is your criteria for that particular claim? We can start by dismissing our own chosen professions as neither of us can make a fair comparison unless we were in the same field. What may be seen as requiring academic skills in one field may be completely useless in another that may require other attributes in order to succeed.
Oh dear! Inferiority complex on display again. :a86:

Is that really the best you can do?

Believe me Newcastle, when I compare myself to you I have a superiority complex, but then again, don’t we all?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

As your eyesight seems to be failing.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Kidnapping has always been away of life in the Middle East, and goes back long before the days of the last and great prophet. We should not think of such actions as we witness in the West as being similar to the East. Still today people in the West try to understand the kidnapping of Terry Waite.

Although I am not sure of Luxor city's ideas of kidnapping, I am very familiar with such actions on the WB. I do know from past situations a young male, or female for that matter kidnapped because of debt, and the person kept until such debt is paid, plus a charge for the keep of the said hostage, until the debt is paid. Further more the hostage has been expected to make them selves useful during their internment..

Makes one wonder how much the Church of England forked out for Terry's keep.

............anyhow back to your usual squabbling. :wi .
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Listen! as I know you are a bit thick about computers and the internet in general, but:
Typing in BOLD is considered to be shouting and bad mannered (not that you would know about that)
Also if you want to increase the type size on your screen, try holding down your 'Ctrl' key whilst pressing your + key on the numeric pad :up or is that beyond your self proclaimed intelligence level? :tk
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I suppose they could kidnap also to ask a ransom to keep the family afloat during these extremely hard times, it has happened on the West Bank and not too long ago. The kidnapped person was returned battered and blue after the thousands had been paid over. Probably the next spate will be kidnapping Europeans, where the stake ransom would be twice as much.

Or it might just be, if you do not work as a photographer or reporter or even agitator, you will be safe. :lol: