Saying it loud.....Egypt is Safe !!

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Social media influencers and photographers praised this week security conditions in the country during a tour of Egypt’s tourist attractions organized by AmCham Egypt in cooperation with the Tourism Ministry encompassing the cities of Cairo, Luxor and El-Gouna.

The tour included ten social media influencers and bloggers from the United States. It aims to promote Egypt as a favorable destination among tourists from all over the world and positioning it as an attractive, safe, and unique travel and investment spot, according to a statement released by the AmCham this week. The AmCham organizes this tour every year as part of efforts to boost tourism in Egypt.

“I am from New York City and a lot of people think that it is dangerous but the truth is that it is one of the safest cities in the world. Here when you get to Cairo you notice the heightened security,” Tyson Wheatley, a New York-based photographer, told Egyptian Streets.

Wheatley added, “There are checkpoints, men with machine guns and when you go to hotels there are lots of security. There are metal detectors, etc. I do not think that at any point in our trip I felt unsafe. And as a visitor, you appreciate that there is such heightened level of security.”

Lauren Randolph, another California-based photographer who did the tour, said that she never felt afraid all through the visit but she was perfectly safe. “For me, traveling as a woman is a little bit different. I would not necessarily go anywhere that I would feel unsafe. I did not think that I would come and be afraid. To be honest, I have never felt unsafe here and I would like to come back and spend more time in Cairo,” she told Egyptian Streets.

During the tour, the two photographers took a lot of photos of the tourist sites they visited. However, they say that their favorite photos were those with ordinary people.

“I like to shoot things that are culturally relevant and people are big part of that. The places that they live, the places where they shop, the places where they eat. I took a photo of a butcher today, someone pressing laundry and some kids laughing. Those are my favorites,” Wheatley said.

Taking place from November 11th to the 18th, the program is tailored to provide ample time for the delegation to witness Egypt’s cultural heritage – from ancient times to the modern days, and its state-of-the-art leisure facilities.

Accordingly, the trip included visits to Luxor’s Karnak Temple, an exclusive visit to the newly renovated Khonsu Temple; as well as Cairo’s historical sites – the Giza Plateau, El Moez Street, and a private tour of the Grand Egyptian Museum. This year and for the first time, the delegation visited El Gouna in Hurghada, where they will be experiencing the leisure facilities and unique pleasures of this resort.

“For me, it is something that I have always wanted to do since I was a young boy. In the United States at school, you learn about the Pyramids and the history there. You learn about ancient Egyptian history. It is like a whole chapter on our books. So, it is really exciting that things you only see in the pictures are seen in reality,” Wheatley said.

Parallel to the tour, delegates also had the opportunity to interact with senior private sector executives and leading Egyptian entrepreneurs from among the AmCham membership; allowing for a first-hand overview of the country’s business community. Additionally, they met with some of Egypt’s top jewelry and fashion designers who viewed their exceptional products.

“It is obvious that we are not from here and it is a kind of amazing that every place we went people always ask us. So, for me I say that I am from California and immediately they reply “Welcome to Egypt,” Randolph said.

“The one phrase that I have heard the most in this country was welcome to Egypt,” she added.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2018/11/19/ ... -in-egypt/

Funnily enough, you're unlikely to be hassled, let alone assaulted, when you're travelling around in a group of 20 or so, chaperoned etc. etc. :lol:

I wonder if anyone bothered to check if the various metal detectors they went through were working....or whether anyone took any notice when they bleeped ....as they always do (if switched on!)

Nice junket for these American "social media influencers".....whatever they are :ni:
“I like to shoot things that are culturally relevant and people are big part of that. "
You can tell they were American..... :snig:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Saying it loud.....Egypt is Safe !!

Post by Major Thom »

Coming from thee US, and according to media I would think most other places are safe.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

MT what are you on?
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I am saying the daily killings in the US are one highest recorded for any other Country in the World. Apart from the Countries maybe where killing is acceptable and therefore is not recorded.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Right! That makes it a little clearer. I have the flu and whilst I sometimes sit and read and try to work out what your posts mean MT, at the moment I just need it clear and comprehensible.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Islington is not!.........especially if your a daft 'unaware cell phone user.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Here's today's risk assessment map.
It states parts of Egypt are unsafe, Duh! parts of London are by far unsafer.... 8)
https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/tr ... 98506.html
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.