Unplug the charger

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Unplug the charger

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Posted on Facebook 21/01/2020

Luxor Today الاقصر اليوم
·
#JL.. Electricity calls on citizens not to leave chargers in plug.. and confirms a reason for high bills

Today Monday, the electrical and consumer protection facility (electricity) warns citizens not to leave the chargers in plug without mobile devices, ensuring that it pulls electricity whether he calls the mobile device or not.
The electricity and consumer protection facility added on its official page on the social media site " Facebook ":" many citizens believe that leaving chargers in electricity without putting any device, whether mobile phone, laptop or other, does not consume electricity and it is information Totally wrong ".
" leaving the chargers in the electricity without putting any device in it makes it consume nearly 15 % of the power of the charger, so the electrical and consumer protection facility system is advised not to leave the electricity in the electricity without use to simplify electricity consumption ".

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Unplug the charger

Post by DJKeefy »

lol Egyptians can spin some amazing stories and the majority will believe it.

A charger that is not charging will probably cost less than 2 piastres per day and not much more when charging.
UK prices: According to the Charger Tariff Calculator, it costs the average smartphone user only 0.3p to charge their device, resulting in less than half a pence per charge. That means if you keep your smartphone’s battery charged up every day of the week, it will cost you a total of £1.09 for the full year
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Personally, I'm more concerned about the possible fire risk, especially given the state of Egyptian electricity installation.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:52 pm lol Egyptians can spin some amazing stories and the majority will believe it.

A charger that is not charging will probably cost less than 2 piastres per day and not much more when charging.
UK prices: According to the Charger Tariff Calculator, it costs the average smartphone user only 0.3p to charge their device, resulting in less than half a pence per charge. That means if you keep your smartphone’s battery charged up every day of the week, it will cost you a total of £1.09 for the full year
Absolutely correct!

You might think there are other, more plausible, reasons for outrageously inflated electricity bills.....but i couldn’t possibly comment :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Personally, I'm more concerned about the possible fire risk,
Personally I'd be concerned about the dodgy Chinese chargers that are sold and that heat up very quickly. Sometime ago I bought a Macbook charger on Ebay and when used started to melt!.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... ire-579145