5 year visa?

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

5 year visa?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

It may be positive news - but it's not for me to say...or to guarantee the accuracy of a) the initial information or b) the quality of the reporting. I cut and past the article as I saw it for your information. It's up to you to form your opinion - and maybe put it to the test.

Posted on Facebook by Egypt Independent

TRAVEL
Egypt allows extension of tourists permitted stay up to 5 years

Mira Maged March 3, 2020 1:57 pm

Egypt has extended the period of permitted stay for tourists, Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly announced in a Monday meeting with the Egyptian cabinet and officials from the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities.

Under this new decision tourists may extend their period of permitted stay, originally 90 days per entry, by up to five years. Madbouly said this must be done through Egyptian consulates across the world or through the electronic visa portal.

The cabinet is also set to provide entry visas for those coming in from the US, UK and the Schengen area, and will also provide a US$10 discount on visas for tourists heading to Egypt provided they land in Luxor Airport from June until August, as part of the “Summer in Upper Egypt” initiative.

Egypt’s tourist visa is issued at $25 or $60 for multiple entries.

The Foreign Ministry previously announced the completion of the first phase of the E-visa project which covers 46 countries and offers electronic visa application system for multiple nationalities, in June 2019.

The eVisa for Egypt is a single-entry visa. Valid for a maximum stay of 30 days, its is “compulsory” for travelers wishing to visit Egypt for tourism, business and transit purposes, according to the official website.

The ministry indicated that this step came in light of the government’s efforts to attract tourists from across the world to Egypt. The Foreign Ministry’s willingness to facilitate the procedures of Egyptian visa issuing, especially for businessmen, hopes to encourage investment flows and nourish the trading sector.

Acquiring an E-visa necessitates a valid passport for at least six months from the issuing date, printing the E-visa, travel itinerary, invitation letter and hotel bookings.

Egypt’s tourism sector revenues have increased by 28 percent, jumping to $12.2 billion in the fiscal year 2018/2019 compared to $9.8 billion recorded during the previous fiscal year, MENA news agency reported.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: 5 year visa?

Post by newcastle »

Heaven knows what this is about but I doubt it will give your average expat in Luxor ( or anywhere else for that matter) 5 years hassle- free permission to stay without leaving.

Apart from anything else, how could you describe such a person as a “tourist” :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "The ministry indicated that this step came in light of the government’s efforts to attract tourists from across the world to Egypt." errr... 'excluding China methinks!... 8)

Ps: I'm still a tourist, my holidays are just a bit longer than most...
Presently, I'm holidaying surrounded by potential virus carriers...
Chelsea v Liverpool tonight, can't stand football or it's patrons but,
it should be interesting viewing, the crowd that is...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

5 year visa ? how many times have we heard that... 8)

''What's that over Battersea Power Station ?
Sophocles.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

As of tonight nothing has changed on the Egyptian Consulate website. Still early days.

https://egyptindependent.com/egypt-allo ... 0-XFHmSnec
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

64 minutes in 2-0 to Chelsea and not a mask in sight..and nearly 42 thousand fans.
It's because they don't wanna look like 'pussies to their mates...'it's a football thing!.. 8)
Sophocles.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

In the absence of any official announcement, I would file this one in the bin... along with most of the other clickbait 'news' on Egypt Independent.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

crewmeal wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:52 pm As of tonight nothing has changed on the Egyptian Consulate website. Still early days.

https://egyptindependent.com/egypt-allo ... 0-XFHmSnec
Did you really expect it to have been updated? 😆

It has yet to go through the denial phase, the promotion of the re-hash, another denial phase, then the slow drip feed of any changes down to all relevant departments etc. etc. etc.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Alistair1967 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:50 am In the absence of any official announcement, I would file this one in the bin... along with most of the other clickbait 'news' on Egypt Independent.
I'm inclined to agree, but it gives people something else other than the Coronavirus to think and talk about.
-Aldous Huxley