Egypt to require visitors to provide PCR coronavirus test certificate: official.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Egypt to require visitors to provide PCR coronavirus test certificate: official.

Post by newcastle »

Whilst PCR tests are unlikely to be required for travellers from U.K. , the government have announced the formalities which you can anticipate on arrival in Egypt.

Travel & Tourism Information
Depending on the country in which you live, you must consult a health certificate at the airport if you fly to Egypt.

On arrival at Egypt airports you must fill in a health certificate, such as the image below, and in some cases you must also show a PCR test result that is not older than 48 hours depending on the country where you come from

To save time and queues upon arrival at Egypt airport, you can download and fill out the health certificate form here when you travel to Egypt

➡️ Download the health certificate form here
https://egypt.mfa.gov.ua/storage/app/si ... n-form.pdf

Experience the magic of Egypt where it all begins 🇪🇬
(y) facebook.com/friendsofegyptsupporttourismtoegypt
58E1E93D-CCE2-42B0-8B32-C738ED104D14.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Egypt to require visitors to provide PCR coronavirus test certificate: official.

Post by crewmeal »

On arrival at Egypt airports you must fill in a health certificate, such as the image below, and in some cases you must also show a PCR test result that is not older than 48 hours depending on the country where you come from
I wonder how many will be able to get a test within the 48 hour period
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:57 am
I wonder how many will be able to get a test within the 48 hour period
As I said, I think UK ( and indeed all of Europe) is unlikely to be one of the countries subject to this requirement.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Unsurprisingly, Egypt is one of the countries where, on returning to U.K., you will still have to quarantine.

That alone will deter many tourists from U.K. with the result that the likes of EasyJet may find it uneconomic to maintain their scheduled operation.

Watch this space.....
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I forgot to add that Egypt remains - for the time being - “essential travel only” with consequent ramifications for any travel insurance you might have.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I think we have to wait for someone returning and then let us know what happened to them.