The President orders the free Chinese Corona vaccine to the Egyptians.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

The President orders the free Chinese Corona vaccine to the Egyptians.

Post by DJKeefy »

Egypt got the vaccine before the European Union, the United States and African countries due to its distinguished relationship with China
FB_IMG_1607696766165.jpg
Osama Heikal, Minister of State for Information, confirmed that President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi had directed that doses of the Coronavirus vaccine be given to Egyptians free of charge.

Heikal said that the first batches will be given to the most vulnerable groups, including doctors and isolation hospital staff, the elderly, and clinically vulnerable groups.

Heikal emphasized that Egypt is the first country in Africa to obtain the Coronavirus vaccine, and the second Arab country to obtain it after the UAE, indicating that Egypt obtained the vaccine before the European Union countries and the United States of America.  This reflects the government's success in its continuous efforts since the beginning of the crisis.

Heikal clarified that the concern for good and balanced relations with China, and Egypt's participation in clinical trials of the vaccine, were among the most important reasons for obtaining the vaccine once it was approved.

The Minister of State for Information added that the Minister of Health, Dr. Hala Zayed, underwent first clinical trials for the Chinese vaccine.
He also made it clear that Egypt's obtaining the vaccine so early reflects its international status .

Heikal announced that this vaccine had obtained emergency approval from the World Health Organization, and that the scientific committee at the Ministry of Health agreed to use it after the success of his clinical trials.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The President orders the free Chinese Corona vaccine to the Egyptians.

Post by Who2 »

Well the only thing Chinese still working, is my Xmas lights....
So I don't know how well a Chinese vaccine will work, on the other hand if
they started covid they may well have a cure, 'touch wood!..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Beggars can’t be choosers.

If I was an Egyptian and offered it....I’d go for it.

Small risk v big reward.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

newcastle wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:20 pm
Small risk v big reward.
I suppose the Egyptians won't mind if the virus or the vaccine kills them, their end goal is to be with Allah :st
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:32 pm
newcastle wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:20 pm
Small risk v big reward.
I suppose the Egyptians won't mind if the virus or the vaccine kills them, their end goal is to be with Allah :st
There is so much disinformation on this whole vaccine question, that it is difficult to give any one advice, being that so little true information is available, for example,......

CDC in the U.S. have not yet passed the Pfizer vaccine, though German state media while I was there, reported that it could be used in an emergency, not true, it has only be RECOMMENDED for such cases, though not approved.

The highly respected French company Sanfi and the British pharmaceutical GlaxoSmithKline have had to admit they have failed, and now only expect to discover a good vaccine by Summer next year.

As for what the latest news is on Astra-Zeneca Oxford, it seems in the last couple of hours they are joining forces with the Russian Sputnik team, sounds crazy, but there is a method in their madness.

As for the Chinese vaccine, well there is a lot I could say, being that Egypt has accepted it, I would imagine the take up will be high. I believe that all foreigners living there on short term visas will be required by law to have the vaccine,......like it or not, and I wish you all well with that one.

According to the official Egyptian state media the daily death rate from Covid 19 has risen dramatically in the past week from an average of 15 to a very shocking 20+.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

]
I believe that all foreigners living there on short term visas will be required by law to have the vaccine,......like it or not, and I wish you all well with that one.
You read such crap on social media nowadays :roll:
There is so much disinformation on this whole vaccine question, that it is difficult to give any one advice, being that so little true information is available, for example.....
Doing your bit then A-Four?
CDC in the U.S. have not yet passed the Pfizer vaccine, ....
It was approved in the US yesterday.

Sounds like you’ve been talking to MT :lol:

I wonder if you believe in Santa Claus too. :urm:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well if he doesn't I do and he has got my list.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:13 pm As for the Chinese vaccine, well there is a lot I could say, being that Egypt has accepted it, I would imagine the take up will be high. I believe that all foreigners living there on short term visas will be required by law to have the vaccine,......like it or not, and I wish you all well with that one.
When I wrote up this post in the very early hours of Saturday morning there was further information coming through about the so called Chinese vaccine, produced by Sinopharm, part of the China National Biotec Group that was not quite official, so made no comment here,.....however.

This vaccine was being put through trials to 12,000 Puruvian volunteers, unfortunately on late Saturday morning (local time), the trials by order of the Puruvian government have been suspended because a person has suffered a 'serious adverse event' . No further statement was made.

If I was in Egypt and told I had to have the Chinesse vaccine, I would certainly far back in the queue, and for those up the front, as I have said above,..........wish them well with that one. :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Puru?? :lol:

It would be unusual if a vaccine trial in 12,000 didn’t produce at least one adverse reaction.

The AstroZeneca trials have been halted more than once for neurological reactions ( same as the Peru case)....and then recommenced.

But, as I’ve commented before, the more Luddites around , the better for the rest of us. 8)
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I wonder if the Chinese have 'copied' a vaccine from say Pfizer or Oxford. You never know they seem to copy anything these days.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Here’s a weird one.......

Egypt is launching on Tuesday a website through which Egyptians can reserve doses of a coronavirus vaccine, a source at the country's health ministry told Al-Ahram, only a few days after the country received the first batch of the China-made vaccine.
Egyptians wishing to obtain the vaccine will be able to register their data on the website as of early next week, the source added.

Egypt received on Thursday a 50,000-dose batch of the vaccine developed by Chinese state-owned pharmaceutical giant Sinopharm.

A second shipment of 50,000 doses of the vaccine will be received on Tuesday, according to the health ministry's source.

In response to queries regarding the safety and efficacy of the vaccine compared to other vaccines, namely those developed by Pfizer and Oxford, Presidential Advisor for Health Affairs Mohamed Awad Tag El-Din affirmed in a TV comment on Tuesday that “Egypt will not receive any vaccine without making sure that it is efficient and safe.”

According to the health ministry, the Sinopharm vaccine has proven 86 percent effective against the coronavirus, 99 percent effective in producing antibodies, and 100 percent effective in preventing moderate and severe symptoms.

Health Minister Halal Zayed was administered the Chinese vaccine in September. She reported a fever of 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) after taking the first shot, and only a slight rise in temperature after the second shot.

Egypt has said that the Sinopharm vaccine will be optional and free of charge for all Egyptians, while assuring that medical staff, people with chronic diseases, and the elderly will be prioritised.

Minister Zayed has said that the government is in talks with Sinovac Biotech to manufacture the Chinese company’s vaccine so the country can meet the demand of Egyptians and other African nations.

Egypt has also submitted an application to obtain COVID-19 vaccines from GAVI, a global alliance for vaccinations and immunisations that aims to ensure rapid and fair global access to COVID-19 vaccines.

Vaccine doses from both Pfizer and Oxford have also been reserved, according to the Egyptian government.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... w0uvXFVX6c

In effect, priority will be given to those who can access a website.......effectively penalising the poor and rural I would have thought.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Now I'm not known for rumor mongering, but I heard off an old lady that... 8)

"Forget that Bill Gates chappie sonny, it's them Chinese insertin them little micro chips..
never did like that chinese rubbish food, cod & chips wiv a sav to go 2/6p.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Who2 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:53 pm Now I'm not known for rumor mongering, but I heard off an old lady that... 8)

"Forget that Bill Gates chappie sonny, it's them Chinese insertin them little micro chips..
never did like that chinese rubbish food, cod & chips wiv a sav to go 2/6p.....
No need to worry about the micro chips being inserted into the Covid Vaccine.
They know lots of people don't like the thought of that vaccine so won't have it.

*They* have been clever they have. They' know we all like and trust the Flu vaccine so they've hidden the chip in that. That's why they've widened the age range of recipients.

😆😷😆😷😆
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

"Egypt received on Thursday a 50,000-dose batch of the vaccine developed by Chinese state-owned pharmaceutical giant Sinopharm.
A second shipment of 50,000 doses of the vaccine will be received on Tuesday, according to the health ministry's source.*

Thats not going to go very far in a population of 102million..........
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 am "Egypt received on Thursday a 50,000-dose batch of the vaccine developed by Chinese state-owned pharmaceutical giant Sinopharm.
A second shipment of 50,000 doses of the vaccine will be received on Tuesday, according to the health ministry's source.*

Thats not going to go very far in a population of 102million..........
Enough to vaccinate Sisi, his family and entourage.

Let’s hope he got it in time for his meeting with President Macron :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

It does not surprise me, 90% of goods in Egypt are Chinese, although infections are down in China, would you trust the vaccine?