Egypt to remove testing requirement for vaccinated British travellers.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt to remove testing requirement for vaccinated British travellers.

Post by DJKeefy »

Egypt is to scrap testing for all fully vaccinated travellers, including arrivals from the UK.

The health ministry confirmed that double jabbed visitors can forgo the current requirement to present a negative Covid PCR test provided they can submit proof of vaccination.

This comes in the form of a QR-coded certificate showing they have received both doses of one of six vaccines approved by Egypt and the WHO at least two weeks before their arrival.

However, those travelling from countries with a prevalence of virus variants of concern, such as the UK, will be subject to a rapid test upon entry.

Unvaccinated travellers will still need to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of their flight departure to Egypt.

Passengers arriving from London Heathrow only are permitted to have their PCR test conducted no more than 96 hours prior to flight departure.

Children under the age of six are exempt from providing negative PCR test certificates.

It follows the news that Switzerland will lift its ban on British travellers from 26 June.

The country announced it will let in all vaccinated travellers, quarantine-free, including those from the UK.

At present, those travelling from the UK – a designated “high risk” country – are not permitted entry into Switzerland, regardless of vaccination status.

The only exemptions are Swiss and Liechtenstein nationals, EU and EFTA nationals, and UK nationals who are legally resident in Switzerland.

Those who are allowed in must currently present a negative Covid PCR test result carried out less than 72 hours before arrival, plus quarantine for 10 days upon entry.

But the Swiss Federal Council has announced that “the measures in place to contain the coronavirus will be eased and simplified significantly from Saturday, 26 June”.

In addition to widespread relaxation of the domestic rules in Switzerland, entry requirements are also being loosened.

Even those from high-risk countries, such as the UK, may now enter as long as they have proof of full vaccination or recovery from an infection, with no need to test or quarantine.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 71990.html

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Egypt to remove testing requirement for vaccinated British travellers.

Post by Major Thom »

They may do so but Egypt remains on the UK Red List, so on return holiday makers will have to enter self isolation for 2 weeks at their own expense. So a 2 week holiday will turn into a four week holiday, the loss of two weeks work and the expense of self isolation. So although Egypt may make these rules, I wonder how many people will be prepared to pay the extra expense?
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Egypt is to scrap testing for all fully vaccinated travellers, including arrivals from the UK.
However, those travelling from countries with a prevalence of virus variants of concern, such as the UK, will be subject to a rapid test upon entry.
A bit of a contradiction here for what its worth. Not that anyone will be travelling to Egypt anyway.
Those who are allowed in must currently present a negative Covid PCR test result carried out less than 72 hours before arrival, plus quarantine for 10 days upon entry.
So we're back to the quarantine for 10 days now? Am I mis-reading anything here?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The article mixes news from Egypt....and news from Switzerland. The quarantining refers to the latter...and , of course, UK. But not Egypt.

However, it seems as if extra testing may be necessary for arrivals in Egypt from U.K. although there’s nothing in force at the moment, as far as I’m aware. Only the PCR test before coming or testing on arrival at Hurghada etc.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Where would one obtain a QR code certificate as proof of both vaccinations. 🤔 ?
All I have is a card with the dates I had my vaccines and the batch numbers of the vaccines. No QR code or bar code on it though.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:24 pm Where would one obtain a QR code certificate as proof of both vaccinations. 🤔 ?
All I have is a card with the dates I had my vaccines and the batch numbers of the vaccines. No QR code or bar code on it though.
The NHS app records your vaccinations .... and has a QR code . You can generate a PDF file with this QR code .

You can also get a letter.

The system is a bit wonky at the moment and being developed as we speak.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Well, what a polava having to sign up with the NHS app just to get a QR code. And I would still have to wait several days.

I'll wait a while longer yet, I'm certainly not travelling this year to anywhere, other than the quiet spots in the UK.
Theres still lots of places for me to explore here..

Had a lovely day recently in the Elan Valley. Magical.. 😎
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I met a friend for lunch today and she was saying how she had got a last minute couple of tickets for Wimbledon tomorrow. She said they needed to take their Covid vaccine appointment cards with them, presumably to confirm they'd had both vaccines.

She has just rung me. It seems things are more complicated. They need to get their 'certificates' and/or QR codes too. At the moment she is trying to acquire hers, but it's more complex because the friend she taking with her does not have a smart phone, so she is having difficulty getting the Certificate and/or QR code for the friend.

Nothing is ever straight forward. ;-)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley