Moon Pictures

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
United Kingdom

Post by Kiya »

Will do when I get more time Horus :) busy doing photos on a theme for college at the moment, my chosen theme is "wood" old & new, I love all textures/grain/colour of wood, was a visit to our museum today & got permission to take some photos but not artifacts & no flash, got some of the beautiful old staircase leading up into the museum etc etc ........oh & I did get 1 photo of a big stuffed beast with horns ...not sure what it is ;) the lady following me around turned a blind eye at that one. ;)

[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Great theme Kiya :) don't forget to include railway sleepers and old wooden telegraph poles :)
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Do any of you remember the music used in Carl's programs. I found out a couple of years after seeing them - it was Vangelis Heaven and Hell L.P.
bigken
Vietnam

Post by bigken »

Just had 20 mins sat outside in shorts freezing me chuckies off, taking a few snaps of tonights moon, i would say this was the best of the bunch.

Not sure if it is just me or the fact it has had quiet a big crop done but it just seems to lack tad sharpness

Taken with a 300mm(full out) and a ND4 filter on the end, iso 400 - 1/200 @ f8

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

Lucky you bigken - I was out looking at the moon earlier but we have too much cloud cover here. You are right it isn't pin sharp but better than anything I've managed so far.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I recon that you have done a reasonable job there Ken :) even at 300mm you are going to struggle getting a good picture and of course any atmospheric aberation is going to take the edge off the photograph. If you have not already done so why not give it a quick sharpen in one of the photo programs :)
I have just popped out for a look and was hoping to report that like Brian we had cloud cover :) No such luck! it is as clear as a bell, but as cold as the Arctic ........ brrrrrr
Now the question is, should I done my coat and go outside taking pictures? or say "bugger that for a game of soldiers" and stay inside where it is nice and cosy?
Ken, have you tried the bracketing techique I described above? although I don't think it will improve what looks like a pretty good picture to me. :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Great MOONS! All of 'em are really great. I'm like Kiya and have yet to try bracketing. Am still trying to come to grips with some of the lesser features and mostly am not understanding the concept of 'merging' the photos. I understand in theory what it is but technically I do not know how to approach it.

The moon is bright here right now too but it is sooo COLD out there I haven't even gotten close to the door let alone go outside.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Well I was tempted by Kens post, so I wrapped up in a big wooly dressing gown (even though I was still in my day clothes) wrapped a scarf around my neck and put a wooly hat on, yes I know :) it was not a pretty sight :lol: :lol:
I took quite a few pictures and was freezing my prawns off :roll: anyway, none of them were any good and none were even near to some of the worst ones I have taken :( So it just goes to show that it does not always work out, either that or it was because I could not wait to get back indoors again.
Anyway no problems, with any luck by the weekend we should get a chance at some nice snow scenes. :)