Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by A-Four »

For those who get BBC World News, there will be a section within their program called The Travelshow,, usually broadcast during the week-end, an item of discussion on the replica Tut tomb, that is soon to replace tourists viewing the original.

The program will also look into how the present political situation is effecting the tourist industry in Luxor, you may recognise some one in the program, and no I do not mean the usual suspects.

P.S. - The program was obviously put together before the very recent discovery in the King's Valley.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

The BBC film crew did spend some time in the Valley during filming this programme.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Who2 wrote:Films that's what will bring 'the kiss me quick brigades flooding back... :cool:
http://www.avclub.com/article/hbo-devel ... t-a-203769
Ps: 'perish the thought!
The film industry has been preparing people for a while as to the truths that will come in the non too distant future.
Now wether this is the forces of creation at work or a series of co-incidences, then in time you can make your own minds up
I have said this before, the Human Brain is incapable of having an "original thought"

Extra Terrestrials are not what you may think they are, the clue is in the description. We are all Terrestrial beings..

terrestrial: təˈrɛstrɪəl/ adjective
adjective: terrestrial
1. on or relating to the earth.
2. of or on dry land.
noun
noun: terrestrial;
plural noun: terrestrials

an inhabitant of the earth.

Anyhow, back to regular archeology, for now...
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Looked at the British newspapers this morning couldn't find any reference to the find but a lot aboout the 628, varying numbers of people sentenced to death. Plus something that couldn't be foreseen the tragic death of a school teacher in the UK.
As Glyph says that couldn't be foreseen but the other could, one thing you could say for Hawass, he milked the media machine for all it was worth.
If there is a vacancy for Media Officer Gyph perhaps you should apply for the job sounds as though you would do a good job.
As for the cockroaches well, not seen that report on Trip Advisor, as a prospective tourist reading Trip Advisor I could put up with visiting Egypt knowing about the hassle etc but one thing that would always put me off going anywhere is the thought of cockroaches. Terrified of the damn things. Beggers belief really.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The KV discovery, whilst of great interest to egyptologists, is hardly in the "Wonderful things" category. Why would anyone expect it to get much coverage outside of the rarified academic arena. And if it had been announced with a great fanfare to the world...I expect a lot of people would be bemused to find it was all about a load of disassembled bits & pieces of mummies in an undecorated hole in the ground.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

What Kent Weeks found in KV5 was just many rooms, nothing much more. And that was spun huge. It's how you pitch it. 60 royal bodies could have gotten good attention if spun correctly.

As for the replica, they have been working on building a media blitz for that for months, and it shows, especially in comparison to the new find.

The cockroaches report was not on TA, but it was on the business's own site, written by the owner. The business itself ranks in top spots on TA.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:What Kent Weeks found in KV5 was .

......or was it not, a re-discovery.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

No, the many rooms were a new discovery. The tomb had been known, but not its extent. Just like with this new discovery. It's not a new tomb either.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Glyphdoctor wrote:What Kent Weeks found in KV5 was just many rooms, nothing much more. And that was spun huge. It's how you pitch it. 60 royal bodies could have gotten good attention if spun correctly.

As for the replica, they have been working on building a media blitz for that for months, and it shows, especially in comparison to the new find.

The cockroaches report was not on TA, but it was on the business's own site, written by the owner. The business itself ranks in top spots on TA.
Indeed...much spinning with KV5 & KV63, both of which were, and are, of little interest to other than the cognoscenti. Maybe the media moguls have learned to put their money to better use?

Now the discovery of a 21st dynasty royal burial, maybe not far from V o K....THAT would be newsworthy.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:The KV discovery, whilst of great interest to egyptologists, is hardly in the "Wonderful things" category. Why would anyone expect it to get much coverage outside of the rarified academic arena. And if it had been announced with a great fanfare to the world...I expect a lot of people would be bemused to find it was all about a load of disassembled bits & pieces of mummies in an undecorated hole in the ground.
What we all are missing here these days Newcastle, is the fact that we are living in a very modern world, perhaps too modern, some would say. So I can hear you all say "go on A-Four, how should this discovery have been brought to our world-wide attention".............

Picture this,........

David Beckham just happened to be on holiday in wonderful Luxor (all expenses paid obviously by the Egyptian government ,but ssh, no one knows that.) would you believe it one sunny morning, he's up there in the King's Valley all alone, when suddenly he trips, falls and wham, opens up a, what he initially thinks, he has fallen into a sink hole, (come on you lot, yes he can kick a ball, but there is not a lot swimming around up-stairs, his wife is the book-keeper.)

Anyhow, where were we,

Oh yes, the sink hole,.........just by a chance in a million there happened to be a group of un-employed Swiss Egyptologists loitering in the area, knocking back an early morning bottle of cheap vodka between them. They suddenly heard a weird whining voice cry out. "Unmistakably, that sounds like that famous fellow,......David Beckham." Yelled out one of the rather inebriated Swiss vagrants, as they all stumbled towards the scene.

There,.......they found David, looking rather dapper, in his Panama hat, blue shirt and jeans. Suddenly a bright light came from below, was this the transfiguration of David, or something else. One of the Swiss rabble from above called out to him,................"What do you see, oh great one"......................The rest is history, and every ex-pat living in Luxor sets up a stall on the WB, selling little statues of,..........David.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Bullet Magnet wrote:I can see where Frater is coming from with this, and I admire the persistence, because its as true to him as an official Egyptology book is to those wishing to learn said subject. A childs view of a situation is different from an Adults view, but that basic story should match..

A few days ago, my son and i took his 2 kids plus my daughters kids to one of the parks in a village close by.
on our way back, we passed the Gresford Colliery club, which has one of the wheels from the cage lifts as a memorial to the pit that used to be on the other side of the road.

One of the three year olds see's this for the first time, he turns to me and looks quite serious, and then says ( remember he is 3 and not fluent yet )

"They in the cave....... They dont like it there Grandad...... it go BANG.... dark in the cave..... they cant get out.."

This is the version of that story that makes more sense to adults, and the cause has not been officially determined by those in charge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresford_disaster

Anyhow, moving back to the topic Glyph raised, and I find myself in total agreement with her last statement.

Now I am going to say what has been on my mind for a good 2 years now..
Egypt is going the same way as all the other countries that has hosted ancient civilisations in that general part of the world. The only difference is that Egypt has a higher dependency on tourism than Iraq and Iran et all did, so its taking longer to kill. Luckily there is no official War in Egypt, so there is still hope for both traveler and archaeological teams alike...
Zoroopa asked and I gave him some answers
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Who2 wrote:Things could have been worse if the 'prat in the hat was still around as far as press announcements go, and perhaps Frater 007 was Om Seti's boyfriend... :cool:
" A Touchstone of reality comes to mind! la whaala...

You know what i'm done talking about this stupid stupid story I don't know why i even bother to even respond to that post. I just don't give a rats tail about it anymore. Maybe it was a dream or what the hell ever i don't care.

and PS i really hate the fact that everyone is digging up all those graves and just assuming they can tell us everything about those people what did how they ate and what the heck they did in their daily lives. Its so stupid to hold assumptions when you don't have full facts.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

As an Egyptologist, I can't claim to have medical expertise, but I do think it would be helpful to you if you discussed your ideas about ancient Egypt with your family physician. It might bring you some clarity.

You are no Omm Sety and unlike you, she had the utmost respect for the work of Egyptologists and relied on Egyptological evidence, not her own memories, in her own publications. Something else for you to consider.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

carrie wrote:Looked at the British newspapers this morning couldn't find any reference to the find but a lot aboout the 628, varying numbers of people sentenced to death. Plus something that couldn't be foreseen the tragic death of a school teacher in the UK.
As Glyph says that couldn't be foreseen but the other could, one thing you could say for Hawass, he milked the media machine for all it was worth.
If there is a vacancy for Media Officer Gyph perhaps you should apply for the job sounds as though you would do a good job.
As for the cockroaches well, not seen that report on Trip Advisor, as a prospective tourist reading Trip Advisor I could put up with visiting Egypt knowing about the hassle etc but one thing that would always put me off going anywhere is the thought of cockroaches. Terrified of the damn things. Beggers belief really.
There was a short piece, a couple of single column inches, in the i this morning. I suspect that the main Guardian may have had more, but I can't locate it online.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Glyphdoctor wrote:As an Egyptologist, I can't claim to have medical expertise, but I do think it would be helpful to you if you discussed your ideas about ancient Egypt with your family physician. It might bring you some clarity.

You are no Omm Sety and unlike you, she had the utmost respect for the work of Egyptologists and relied on Egyptological evidence, not her own memories, in her own publications. Something else for you to consider.
For you to say I have no respect for Egyptology is flat out wrong and you like so many others didn't even consider or take the time out to listen what i was trying to say for the hundredth time you like so many others jumped to conclusions without taking the time out to evaluate or either bother to read the rest of my story.

I offered each and everyone of you to read my story to get a better understanding of what i was trying to explain to simply because I couldn't explain every part of my story on this forum. Tell me did you even bother to read?, nevermind don't even answer this questions. I swear people don't listen these days. You took what you wanted to hear assumed that it is what was said and it wasn't. Listen that's all I ask

I had respect for Egyptologists up until people like Zahi Hawass made the ancient world look like a tourist attraction. I wish to God that you people will leave those people in their graves alone and stop making these assumptions and publication as actual facts

No i'm definately no Ohm Sety and she did not rely on any works of Egyptologist because she too went off of her old memories( please get it right). i've told you that i was even unsure if what i thought I was envisioning was even real. But i have told you that I never even heard of an Ohm Sety while I was going through my experience i've learned about her afterwards.

There is a lot of doubt even from my parts.

I don't need to see a family physician because there is nothing wrong with me absolutely. Yes I assumed that I was reincarnated because never before have I dreamed that i was someone of the ancient past. yOU MIGHT AS WELL SAY THAT you're saying that Dorothy Eady was wrong herself.

Can you prove that either Bentreshyt or Hung foot even exists can you?

Alots of people believes that they were reincarnated what makes me any different. Zooropa asked a question and I was giving him valid answer. I tell you this you go down to Irem and see if you can find Hng Foot, go down to the Maru-aten and see if you can find any existence of him. You go down to Abydos and see if you can find any traces of the Amarna Royals living after the death of Tutankhamen. Go down to the sphinx or to the temple of Seti and tell and prove to me that what i saw was not real. Can you do this can you honestly do this?

answer the question
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

You made my patience run short with this entire thing. I don't to here anything about this story anymore. It belongs in the trash. Leave me alone don't dre to bother me because i don't want to here about anymore :xx :x
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Frater0082 wrote:You made my patience run short with this entire thing. I don't to here anything about this story anymore. It belongs in the trash. Leave me alone don't dre to bother me because i don't want to here about anymore :xx :x
Good.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Frater0082 wrote:
Zooropa wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:This is exciting very exciting at least for i wonder who these people are more importantly do they have any direct relationship to Amenhotep III and Thutmosis iv

Hi Frater, at the risk of annoying other posters id thought id ask a few questions.

As you were around at the time and assuming your memory is not selective you should, I thought be able to answer the following:

What of/how did you father die?

What of/how did Tut die?

As it appears Tut restored recognition of the old gods why was he apparently hated as much as his father?, that's never stacked up for me, he should have been revered for restoring the status quo not hated.

What happened to Tut's wife after she married Aye?

Where is she buried?

How much was a bale of hay and a bunch of dates back then? ( I want to see how inflation has affected the current price.

From where did the Aliens you mentioned come from and what were they called?

I went over this many time before but for you Zoroopa( who i love) i will go over this again.

I was about 1 1/2 years old when i left Amarna which was late into year 16 of Akhenaten. I know little of what went on in Tutankhamen's reign because again my mother(Kiya) was banished from the kingdom by the wishes of Queen Tiye for the murder of her daughter Nebetah( who turns out to be Nefertiti)

My sister Ankh( they shortened their names) fled after she married Ay. Years earlier, she and Tut banished away my sisters Mery(Meritaten), Tentenaten(my full sister), and Setepenre. For reasons i'm not sure but i believe it had something to do with the Zannanza affair because Mery was trying to keep the aten cult alive and the priest did not want the religion revolution to proceed further. Knowing that if Tut became King and what the priest what have done if he became Pharaoh she reached elsewhere and I think the affair was enough to disgraced my beloved sister

Mery, Tenta'aten, and Setepenre were all to be banished to somewhere far from Tut and Ankh and that place is what i believe to have been Abydos because they lived close by Seti's temple. Years later after Tut's death, one late night, Mery found Ankh pouring her eyes out in front of her door being forgivable Mery allowed Ankh to live with the rest of them. Oh God this is bringing some strong emotions back i'm trying to hold back tears because I found this to be very beautiful

I do not know what happened to Tut because I was never informed as to what to him at least I did but for some reason my memories didn't allow me to remember what happened. However my mother stayed in contact with my two sisters Ankh and Mery so my mother was full aware what was going on in Egypt. My mother and I lived with my grandmother Juni, my mother's two guards, and my two uncles. I'm pretty sure that the news of Tut's death was huge as all of the North East would have known. My mother held great concerned about me and my sisters she was the only family that we had that was basically alive and when Seti denied us from leaving with her to Mitanni it devastated us(especially me)

Ankh is not even in Egypt. After my death i was given the chance to see my sister live their lives. She got married with a hunky Nubian and left for Ethiopia that gave me the indication that that's how my maternal family came to be. To be honest, i would think she would still be buried there of Aswan

The Rammesides, more pacifically Seti were the ones whom erased and destroyed many of relatives images on historical walls. I don't think no one actually hated Tut I think this was in response to him being the son of the heretic King and Queen. That's probably why you don't know anything about Hung Foot because they erased so many things directly associated with those Amarna Kings.

To me the early 19th Dynasty was still the 18th dynasty because without Ankh and Mery they probably wouldn't be as powerful as they were. Plus Akhenaten had another heir to the throne, me. I did sort of co-ruled with Seti a bit until Ramses was born that's when things went downhill and sour between me and Seti. It was not Ramses who help Seti construct his monuments it was me. That extra tomb in Seti's tomb was meant for me but as you know that never happened. The dating between Horemheb and Ramses I is wrong it should be at least four years because I was 19 when i returned to Egypt and it was the Ramessides that was on the throne not Horemheb

to back me up even Dorothy eady said " that Seti wanted anymore of the Amarna Family to be known. He hid alot

The whole secret chamber thing with the alien mummy was there long before Seti and I were born probably dating back between the fourth and fifth dynasties. All I know that the mummy had unusual wide eyes sockets and a big head. It's craft is there lying behind it with lots of gold. This chamber is well hidden no one ABSOLUTELY NO ONE KNOW WHERE IT IS. Hell i have a hard time remembering but i remember to open it one has to form a pyramid out of knocks. I'm wondering if its somewhere near the pyramids. i'm itching to say the Sphinx but i can't really say. They really need to start looking under its paws I believe that something's there.

Seeming how the pyramids are in direct alignment of the Orion's belt I would think it may have come from that system.
I do not know how much was a bale of hay because I was a palace servant

Its my belief that my father was dying of the sickness that was deforming his body so. He was ill for the remainder of his years and stood in background for the most part while someone else ran the country I believe it was Smenkhare and Neferneferuaten-Neferititi but Nefertiti gets herslef killed trying to kill my mother One time when I looked at his face one eye was yellow and his face looked horrid it scared me to look at him.

I don't know what happened to Smenk but Mery stated that it was the priest fault why they weren't married and I believe it was because he was either a commoner or a foreigner it's likely they killed him off. Smenk was half the age of Tut though

The death of Tiye, Nefertiti, Akhenaten,and Smenkhare the banishment of Kiya, left my sister Mery in a very chaotic position. She was left with a big responsibility and I guarantee many(Ay especially) tried to reach the throne. Yes Tut was the apparent heir to the throne but by this time he was about seven and those greedy priests was going to manipulate him, in which they did. I think Mery made a drastic decision to try and save everyone but it caused her to lose the rank as Queen of Egypt. I think the same rule could be applied to Ankh

Everyone keep saying that the depictions of Tut and Ankh is of love and affection actually its of love and care. She took good care of Tut and perhaps that unknown queen(kv21A) because she was the only family that he had. I know this because she and Mery took care of Neferneferure when she was sick. Neferneferuaten-Tasherit and Neferneferure weren't there in the beginning they both may or maybe Neferneferure was elsewhere at the time

Seti did fought in that Nubian Rebellion and the Egyptians never took any prisoners because they lost that fight. I guess he didn't want the idea of him killing his beloved to be remembered or the fact he killed an Amarna Royal.

that's what i basically know, some things I can't answer because i was extremely young to even understand what was going on around me

Thanks for the replies Frater - Please don't waste your love on me - im not worth it - just ask my ex wife!
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I said that because you are the only one who was willing to listen to me. I'm sorry but i can't do it no more. Do me a favor and hold on to your interest with Ancient Egypt there is a lot of things still hiding under the sands of time.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I have not read your story because I prefer non-fiction.
Frater0082 wrote: Ohm Sety and she did not rely on any works of Egyptologist because she too went off of her old memories( please get it right). i've told you that i was even unsure if what i thought I was envisioning was even real. But i have told you that I never even heard of an Ohm Sety while I was going through my experience i've learned about her afterwards.
As for Omm Sety, you think she got her ideas from her own experience in NK Egypt. Well, the only place you will find that suggestion is in books written ABOUT her.

If you read any books written by Omm Sety herself (and by the way I edited one of her books and published it so I am quite familiar with her research techniques and sources), you would not find a single line in them that is based on anything but verifiable Egyptological knowledge and facts and her experience living in the 20th century AD. I went through her manuscript making sure every ancient fact could be verified and all her modern facts I cross checked as well to make sure she wasn't imagining them or making up stuff there either and I found nothing suspicious.

I've read all her books and a number of articles she wrote, even though a large number of them were published under others' names (but having had access to her original unedited handwritten manuscript I know her unique writing style and could identify them as her work), and she always stuck to facts, not her past life experience. Egyptologists who knew her would also tell you the same thing-she was a scholar, a bit unconventional, but a scholar nonetheless.