Ancient Conspiracy

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1594 times
Been thanked: 1695 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by A-Four » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:45 am

A vast amount of archaeological evidence supports the above scenario....what's your problem?[/quote]

I am not to sure about Frater not having a problem, but I certainly do have a problem with it, especially with regards KV23 and KV 62, therefore is it possible that you could please supply some of the 'vast amount of archaeological evidence' that supports YOUR claims.



newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7014
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2029 times
Been thanked: 5928 times
Egypt

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by newcastle » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm

A-Four wrote:A vast amount of archaeological evidence supports the above scenario....what's your problem?
I am not to sure about Frater not having a problem, but I certainly do have a problem with it, especially with regards KV23 and KV 62, therefore is it possible that you could please supply some of the 'vast amount of archaeological evidence' that supports YOUR claims.[/quote]

Some careless wording on my part....I should, perhaps, have said "such evidence as we have". But it's not MY claim my dear A-Four....it's the view I read from egyptologists. I'm a scientist (egyptology is an interest of mine, rather than a subject on which I claim any expertise) and I tend to accept the balance of conventional wisdom ...in the absence of contradictory evidence.

You have some?

Maybe I'm reading the wrong books.

Such evidence as we do have points to Tut being ultimately buried in KV62 and Ay in KV23...and the rest of the scenario (which I see repeated in the egyptological texts I've read) seems largely conjecture, although entirely plausible to me. But I'm happy to consider (putting on my scientist hat) a contrary scenario.

Now back to your assertion that Tut was ACTUALLY BURIED in KV23....are you now able to expand on this?

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1594 times
Been thanked: 1695 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by A-Four » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

What we really have to do is to go back to when these tombs were first discovered, then look to see who discovered them. It is only when we get to around 1850 that real archeaology takes off in the Valley. At the same time, we have to get into the mind set of the various character around at that time. Those that are only interest is gold, e.g. Davis and Carnarvon. The crooks who would sell their owner grandmothers if she made a vast profit, though appear from history as great archaeologists, and then the real people who cared, and who's only rewards were from their books that they wrote. That is where we must look and not modern rubbish that is written in sensationalist books of today.

Yesterday, I was checking something to do with the Western Valley on the internet, at the main index up comes the name of an old student of this forum giving her FULL 'knowledge' on the subject and at the same time offering her products,...........yet that person knows little or nothing.

I shall by this evening set out the first part of the new subject, and I welcome any questions or disputes, you don't need to have knowledge, everyone starts some where in understand Egyptology, and I am still learning too.

User avatar
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 4327
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 2778 times
Been thanked: 5362 times
United Kingdom

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by carrie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Please make it simple for those of us who don't know but would like to.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1594 times
Been thanked: 1695 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by A-Four » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:10 pm

carrie wrote:Please make it simple for those of us who don't know but would like to.
I shall do my best Carrie, but if I don't let me know, and I will explain more clearly.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7014
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2029 times
Been thanked: 5928 times
Egypt

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by newcastle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:03 pm

A-Four wrote:Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

What we really have to do is to go back to when these tombs were first discovered, then look to see who discovered them. It is only when we get to around 1850 that real archeaology takes off in the Valley. At the same time, we have to get into the mind set of the various character around at that time. Those that are only interest is gold, e.g. Davis and Carnarvon. The crooks who would sell their owner grandmothers if she made a vast profit, though appear from history as great archaeologists, and then the real people who cared, and who's only rewards were from their books that they wrote. That is where we must look and not modern rubbish that is written in sensationalist books of today.

Yesterday, I was checking something to do with the Western Valley on the internet, at the main index up comes the name of an old student of this forum giving her FULL 'knowledge' on the subject and at the same time offering her products,...........yet that person knows little or nothing.

I shall by this evening set out the first part of the new subject, and I welcome any questions or disputes, you don't need to have knowledge, everyone starts some where in understand Egyptology, and I am still learning too.
I'm not sure if you're referring to me with the "wild & woolly" bit but I'll let it pass :D I don't have any theories of my own.....as I tried to say, I go with flow. And you have to accept that the events at the end of the Amarna interlude are largely guesswork. I am aware that a few egyptologists "think" Tut may have been interred in KV23 before being moved to KV62 (ref. papers by Schneider & van Dijk) but as far as I know it is pure supposition, unsupported by any archaeological evidence....but maybe you know different. It's an odd idea which I guess is why 'mainstream' egyptology doesn't pay it much regard.

How Tut died. what became of the other dramatis personae of that period etc is likely to remain a subject for endless speculation unless and until further evidence is unearthed.

An old student of this forum offering her products.....who can you mean? ;))

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by Frater0082 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:34 pm

A-Four wrote:Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

What we really have to do is to go back to when these tombs were first discovered, then look to see who discovered them. It is only when we get to around 1850 that real archeaology takes off in the Valley. At the same time, we have to get into the mind set of the various character around at that time. Those that are only interest is gold, e.g. Davis and Carnarvon. The crooks who would sell their owner grandmothers if she made a vast profit, though appear from history as great archaeologists, and then the real people who cared, and who's only rewards were from their books that they wrote. That is where we must look and not modern rubbish that is written in sensationalist books of today.

Yesterday, I was checking something to do with the Western Valley on the internet, at the main index up comes the name of an old student of this forum giving her FULL 'knowledge' on the subject and at the same time offering her products,...........yet that person knows little or nothing.

I shall by this evening set out the first part of the new subject, and I welcome any questions or disputes, you don't need to have knowledge, everyone starts some where in understand Egyptology, and I am still learning too.

So tell me was KV54 a shaft of goods or a real tomb?

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by Frater0082 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't think Tut was buried in KV23 at all I think that it was intended for either him or someone else but that didn't happen. I wonder if the move to KV62 was to protect his body and fortune just as the other Amarna Royals

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • 'Egypt has overcome a conspiracy against the state'
    by DJKeefy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm » in Know Egypt
    0 Replies
    190 Views
    Last post by DJKeefy
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm
  • Aftermath of Cairo fire: Anger, conspiracy theory...
    by DJKeefy » Wed May 11, 2016 9:20 pm » in Know Egypt
    3 Replies
    440 Views
    Last post by Dusak
    Thu May 12, 2016 2:35 am
  • Ancient War's ?
    by Bullet Magnet » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 pm » in History and Archaeology
    13 Replies
    154 Views
    Last post by Bullet Magnet
    Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am
  • Egypt's Ancient Cities
    by annieacorn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 pm » in History and Archaeology
    1 Replies
    57 Views
    Last post by Bullet Magnet
    Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:24 am
  • The Treasures of Ancient Egypt
    by Stevepj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 pm » in History and Archaeology
    1 Replies
    49 Views
    Last post by Brian Yare
    Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:48 pm