A ROOM WITH A VIEW PT 2.

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: A ROOM WITH A VIEW PT 2.

Post by A-Four »

Hi Frater,

Just to prove I read your notes here, I bet you didn't know that the two most inner coffins of the three, fitted so well together that when Carter came to separate them, he had to turn them up-side-down and had to use three high powered gas heaters so that he could separate the two coffins, which had stuck together as a result of the hardening of the resin in antiquity.

Should such coffins fit so tightly ?

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:Well at least we can all agree on one thing I too believe that Horemheb is in a league of his own and therefore should be dated to the 19th dynasty
Hardly!

What will you do with Ramesses I and his successors who were unrelated to Horemheb?

If you call Horemheb the 19th dynasty then you'd have to renumber all the succeeding ones.
I was suggesting the same thing
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:Well at least we can all agree on one thing I too believe that Horemheb is in a league of his own and therefore should be dated to the 19th dynasty
Hardly!

What will you do with Ramesses I and his successors who were unrelated to Horemheb?

If you call Horemheb the 19th dynasty then you'd have to renumber all the succeeding ones.

Who knows, they were both generals in the army, so quite easily could have been brothers, you know how the Egyptians like to keep every thing in the family. :wi :wi :wi .
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:A-four :

Which reminds me :tk You were going to elucidate on the "Tut was buried in KV23" statement you made elsewhere.

I thought I had with this second part, but yer O.K., I will write up a summary this evening, if I get time.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:Hi Frater,

Just to prove I read your notes here, I bet you didn't know that the two most inner coffins of the three, fitted so well together that when Carter came to separate them, he had to turn them up-side-down and had to use three high powered gas heaters so that he could separate the two coffins, which had stuck together as a result of the hardening of the resin in antiquity.

Should such coffins fit so tightly ?
No I did not know that.

It seems to me that they used to much oil or purposely used oil to try and prevent whomever from opening that coffin. But that's my personal opinion.

Carter really made a mess of things really deepening the mystery of tut
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Hardly!

Who knows, they were both generals in the army, so quite easily could have been brothers, you know how the Egyptians like to keep every thing in the family. :wi :wi :wi .
That is true, however I don't think that's the case for this period. The only person(I believe) that had connections to the previous ruling house was Queen Tia-Sitre and I think that maybe she was the wetnurse to Ankhesenpaaten(The Original).
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four writes :

That is true, however I don't think that's the case for this period. The only person(I believe) that had connections to the previous ruling house was Queen Tia-Sitre and I think that maybe she was the wetnurse to Ankhesenpaaten(The Original).[/quote]

Apart from sharing a (very common) name. what makes you think that the wife of Ramesses I and the wet nurse of Ankhesenpaaten were one and the same? Any evidence of this at all?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:A-Four writes :

That is true, however I don't think that's the case for this period. The only person(I believe) that had connections to the previous ruling house was Queen Tia-Sitre and I think that maybe she was the wetnurse to Ankhesenpaaten(The Original).
Apart from sharing a (very common) name. what makes you think that the wife of Ramesses I and the wet nurse of Ankhesenpaaten were one and the same? Any evidence of this at all?[/quote]

Not guilty your honour, and if I did, it was more than likely I would have been on tablets at the time, or :wi :wi :wi :wi :wi , which I don't do these days.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:A-Four writes :

Apart from sharing a (very common) name. what makes you think that the wife of Ramesses I and the wet nurse of Ankhesenpaaten were one and the same? Any evidence of this at all?[/quote]

Well A-four(only) it's truly an assumption I based on this:

Of all the Early Rammesides she was the kind hearted one and the one that was not trying to bash us down to the grave.

Plus Beketaten attacked her some unknown reasons. When we got in the room Beketaten was pulling her hair and hitting her it took a guard to pry Beketaten off her.

For this high crime Beketaten was to be hanged to death. She was ready to die to she pulled off her cape eager to jump onto the stone.

Beketaten had this skin disease that almost looked like boils it was so painful to look at her especially when she would scratch those things. She also had a haggish voice. She was never welcome to the fact that I was meddling around with Seti due to my sisters Ankh and Mery they told about me and Seti.

Beke spent most of her life hiding herself under that cloak until her dying day. Her last words to Ramses I and to all was

"You will see the return of the aten". With a powerful wave of his right arm Ramses I gave the signal for the priest to hang Beke. Afterwards they set her body on fire perhaps to not wanting to touch her diseased body.

From the look of Sitre's face she was sad but I Don think because of the attack but she was losing her friend at least I assume she was.

My sister Ankh let out a great cry as they set Beke's body on fire.

Forget about me the last 6 remaining Amarna princess especially had he'll on Earth especially Meritaten and Ankhesenpaaten. There A-four you asked and i've answered.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Thanks A-Four, another well-constructed and thought-provoking piece. Like Carrie, I am going to have to re-read (probably more than once) and then draw my own conclusions. Egyptology would be bloody dull without a bit of mystery, wouldn't it?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Frater0082 wrote:please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv
I think Frater0082 has found true love. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Dusak wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv

Now, now Dusak I have a lot of love to give for every one.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Dusak wrote:

Now, now Dusak I have a lot of love to give for every one.
I thought Frater already had a lover....Seti I :urm:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

[quote="Frater0082"]please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv[/quote

Unfortunately Frater there are too few people these days on this site who have such interest, and therefore such work is not required. Study the old books from 1890 to 1925, written by the real people who worked there then, most of the modern books are crap, and have little real details.

With reference to the Valley of the Queen's, this should be called the Valley of the Princes. Very few of the Queens are buried there, so how it got that name is another myth, that can be added to others that became 'the Legend of Thebes'.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv[/quote

Unfortunately Frater there are too few people these days on this site who have such interest, and therefore such work is not required. Study the old books from 1890 to 1925, written by the real people who worked there then, most of the modern books are crap, and have little real details.

With reference to the Valley of the Queen's, this should be called the Valley of the Princes. Very few of the Queens are buried there, so how it got that name is another myth, that can be added to others that became 'the Legend of Thebes'.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:please share more information on the Valley of the Kings and Queens A-Four because I'm dying to know more I would like you to Elaborate more on other subjects as thanks for the exciting topic please do more :lv[/quote

I've only read a few of the books written by the "real people" who worked there in the early 20th century. Some of them seem to be characterised by preconceptions....subsequently disproved.

Later books are a mixture of scholarly and "coffee table"....bordering on fiction in some cases. With his interest in the Amarna period, Frater should read Aidan Dodson's "Amarna Sunset". Thoroughly researched, with all relevant references, it avoids the common mistake of stating as 'fact' that which is only conjecture.

His books on the fall of the 19th dynasty "Poisoned Legacy" and the post New Kingdom period "Afterglow of Empire" are also excellent references.

With regard to the Valley of the Queens...I think this name is entirely appropriate. Of the 95 tombs numbered so far, the majority are "anonymous". Of those whose ownership is discernible, there are far more queens & princesses than princes. In Arabic 'wadi al biban al harim'....Valley of the Doors (tombs) of the Queens

To the ancient Egyptians it was " ta set neferu "....roughly translated as 'place of beauties'.

There's a great deal more to be discovered in this valley and further work could throw light on the ownership of some of the 'anonymous' tombs. Many of the burials of queens are undiscovered (of course they may be amongst the 'anonymous') and all were robbed in antiquity. No caches of mummies equivalent to those found for the pharoahs has turned up.....yet!
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
A-Four wrote:

I've only read a few of the books written by the "real people" who worked there in the early 20th century. Some of them seem to be characterised by preconceptions....subsequently disproved.

Later books are a mixture of scholarly and "coffee table"....bordering on fiction in some cases. With his interest in the Amarna period, Frater should read Aidan Dodson's "Amarna Sunset". Thoroughly researched, with all relevant references, it avoids the common mistake of stating as 'fact' that which is only conjecture.

His books on the fall of the 19th dynasty "Poisoned Legacy" and the post New Kingdom period "Afterglow of Empire" are also excellent references.

With regard to the Valley of the Queens...I think this name is entirely appropriate. Of the 95 tombs numbered so far, the majority are "anonymous". Of those whose ownership is discernible, there are far more queens & princesses than princes. In Arabic 'wadi al biban al harim'....Valley of the Doors (tombs) of the Queens

To the ancient Egyptians it was " ta set neferu "....roughly translated as 'place of beauties'.

There's a great deal more to be discovered in this valley and further work could throw light on the ownership of some of the 'anonymous' tombs. Many of the burials of queens are undiscovered (of course they may be amongst the 'anonymous') and all were robbed in antiquity. No caches of mummies equivalent to those found for the pharoahs has turned up.....yet!
I actually got the book ready for order.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

A four, your posts and Newcastle and may I say Frater's have awakened an interest in me and electricity power allowing, I am learning a lot I didn't know. The posts may have limited interest but I enjoy them and would like you to continue.