Tutankhamoun - The Truth Uncovered.

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Tutankhamoun - The Truth Uncovered.

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
newcastle wrote:Tutankhamoun - The Truth Uncovered ? ........the "TRUTH" ?? Sweet Jesus....spare us from another splurge of speculative reconstruction based on scraps of verifiable evidence :stp Is there to be no end to this show? :dv

I doubt this version of "The Truth" will be any closer to what really happened than its many predecessors.
Must admit, I only saw a few clips Newcastle, but the little I did see was quite interesting, though I have to say any new good publicity for Luxor, can only help future tourism, and it was after all, jfilmed in HD.
I don't doubt it might be interesting......it's the hyperbole of "The Truth Uncovered" I find irritating. And you of all people should know that little, if anything, can be "set in stone" with regard to Egyptology. Unless they are going to reveal some hitherto undisclosed evidence beyond dispute (unlike the dodgy DNA results manipulated by Hawass) the parentage of Tut will continue to be a matter for speculation & hypothesis. As far as I'm aware, no further analysis has been carried out on the royal mummies since 2010 so this prog can only be a rehash of existing, and highly suspect, DNA & related pathology results.

Having said that, the prospect of Egypt/Luxor featuring in a programme NOT focused on bloodshed & mayhem is to be welcomed.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Frater0082 wrote:
A-Four wrote:All I can tell you Frater, is that through my own careful study, this young man must have had a foot deformity throughout most of his life, being that I was in the Egyptian Museum some years ago now, when they were packing away most of the, shall we say, less important items of this person. I was able to look carefully at some of the many canes and sticks he used, i was even able to handle one.

It was evident from the less ceremonial sticks, that there hand been a great deal of wear.
U worked at the museum.
Hell, no Frater. - if you pardon the expression.

I know this place very well. On that particular day, which was in January 2010, I was there in the late afternoon, which is the time that few tourists are there, and therefore great for detailed study. I remember that in the first gallery, I saw a great number of wooden packing cases. These were being used for many of the less important items of the Tutankhamoun collection.

I remember at the time, I wrote on here this fact, and that while most tourist would still be pleased with what they saw, I felt that any serious student, who might have travelled half way around the world, would have found the remaining collection, rather disappointing.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
A-Four wrote:
newcastle wrote:Tutankhamoun - The Truth Uncovered ? ........the "TRUTH" ?? Sweet Jesus....spare us from another splurge of speculative reconstruction based on scraps of verifiable evidence :stp Is there to be no end to this show? :dv

I doubt this version of "The Truth" will be any closer to what really happened than its many predecessors.
Must admit, I only saw a few clips Newcastle, but the little I did see was quite interesting, though I have to say any new good publicity for Luxor, can only help future tourism, and it was after all, jfilmed in HD.
I don't doubt it might be interesting......it's the hyperbole of "The Truth Uncovered" I find irritating. And you of all people should know that little, if anything, can be "set in stone" with regard to Egyptology. Unless they are going to reveal some hitherto undisclosed evidence beyond dispute (unlike the dodgy DNA results manipulated by Hawass) the parentage of Tut will continue to be a matter for speculation & hypothesis. As far as I'm aware, no further analysis has been carried out on the royal mummies since 2010 so this prog can only be a rehash of existing, and highly suspect, DNA & related pathology results.

Having said that, the prospect of Egypt/Luxor featuring in a programme NOT focused on bloodshed & mayhem is to be welcomed.
Yer, I think you are perhaps right, though with what I was hearing on Sunday evening were reminiscent of the old stable days of Egypt, where at last, interest in the important areas for tourism, are now taking a little shape, and yes, your final paragraph here says it all.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Ok most of this stuff was already known so why did they waste time re-informing people with this info

But anyhow, they made it seemed like Tut was a hideous mess when he was alive, BUT HE WASN'T. From my own brief encounter with him, he wasn't. Yes, we had female hips and features but it made us look very beautiful, even more so than most Females.

the circumstances around his death is still in question. If the sickly king was suffering so much as it was suggested he most likely would have died earlier on in his reign. Type 4 malaria and some incestous diseases that would of KO's him(KNOCKED HIM OUT).

I say either he may have fallen down some pretty long stairs or something else, who knows.

Thus as of his parents its pretty much obvious who they were( Akhenaten & Nefertiti):

Again Nefertiti was one of Amenhotep III's already attested daughters, Nebetah and its pretty obvious that the KV35 mummy is her and you want to know how, by her hair.

If one would examine all the female mummies from the 18th Dynasty past and present(minus this one) you would discover that majority of them had there hair. The Younger Lady is the only female mummy from this period other Hatchepsut that doesn't have any here on her head, what was so special about this mummy that she did not have any hair.

A) Could it be that she had to shave her head to wear something that would cause her hair to get in the way
B) Or could it have been that she was trying to avoid lice or the Egyptian Heat

to me answer B is highly unlikely because if that was the case we would see Queen Tiye being bald as well as other female mummies. Thus traces of lice on their hair which I believe was none.

Here is what I believe. I truly believe that Nefertiti was on equal terms with her husband meaning that she became his Co-regent in or before Y14. A reason for this is due to the fact that Akhenaten was beginning to become very ill so Nefertiti was elevated to Co-regent, I think i told you this part.

Just think about it, most of all of Amenhotep III's daughters were already married to him. Nebetnehut, Sitamun, Iset, and Hennutaneb and its likely to aid in diplomatic issues or to prevent outsiders from making a claim to the throne. By the time of Amenhotep III's death, Nebetah was the only one that was not made a queen. So its my belief that Tiye arranged Nebetah and Akhenaten to be married. Yeah, I know its a stretch to say that but just think about it, why would Tiye skip Nebetah he only daughter that has not been made a queen for some commoner better yet someone whom everyone assumed was outside the family.

It is now evident that during that time frame the Royals tried to keep the family bloodline strong within the blood line examples are:

Amenhotep III/ Tiye=Cousins
Akhenaten/Nefertiti=Siblings/Cousins
Tutankhamun/ Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit(Ankhesenamun)=Cousins

I think this all began right after the death of Thutmosis IV when Mutemwiya and her brother( or whatever he was) Yuya, decided to lock the royal line into their own line thus sort of recreating the royal bloodline in a sense. It was a decent plan if you ask me. I think Mutemwiya may have lived well into her son's reign and may have held some sway over the then young rulers I don't think she stood sidelined throughout his reign. From what I gather from Mutemwiya, she wasn't some minor bride she was a force to be reckoned with she had a say so in her son's reign and I think that Mutemiya's action heavily influenced Tiye thus allowing her to become the strong character that she was.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All interesting theories Frater.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Thank you.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Having forgotten how my TV system worked and my flatmate here reckoned it was broken, last night my first TV evening was brill, Uncovered was cleverly done, then 4 lions a v.funny film about brummie radicals then onto the theory around dan brown some great food, great wine, great company….. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I just met up with someone who claims to be Ankhesenpaaten, the original but there was serious problem with that, I already met the woman who was the original Ankhesenpaaten.

Her claims matched up with Modern Historian's facts and theories about Tutankhamun and Ankhesenpaaten and our stories didn't match, my story was completely different from each other which I found was odd

The thing that stood out the most is that she didn't have memories on other members of the royal family besides Meritaten, Nefertiti, Meketaten, Akhenaten basically everyone that was really important whereas I had memories of all the royal members, even the less important ones.

When asking her about the other four sisters, Tenta'aten, Neferneferuaten-Tasherit, Neferneferure, and Setepenre. I asked her about Setepenre more than once and she says she didn't remember her and that she didn't even try to remember her and the other siblings. I was completely shocked because to me if her story was factual she would've have had explicit details of everything in her past life, even some things that didn't matter to her, she didn't which was weird

At first I thought she was Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit who I think is the real Ankhesenamun, but she claims that she was the older one. When I asked her how she died she claims that she was killed by Horemheb because she didn't want to marry him which I thought was weird because she claimed that Ay was the one who killed Tut and she claimed that she rather married her Grandfather instead of Horemheb.

My thing was why would you marry the same guy who had your husband give her response was that she wanted to do it for her grandfather, crazy right. I even asked her what happened to her after Tut died she claimed that she became a secondary wife to Ay but died at the age of 24 to 25 by the hands of Horemheb's men because she didn't want to marry him, but there was a slight problem with her claims.

she claimed to have married Tut at 14 or 15 and by the time of his death she would have been 24 or 25 thus seeming how she claimed to have been a secondary wife to Ay and died within his reign she would have been at least 26 or 27 years old when she died I had a huge issue with her story because she didn't give enough detail on her past life thus claimed that she couldn't remember everything only the important stuff whereas myself I remembered almost if not everything about my past life even of the less known:

Setepenre
Neferneferuaten-Tasherit
Neferneferure
Psetenupe
Sitamun
Nebetenehut
Tenta'aten
Iset
Beketaten

She on the other hand did not care or wanted to remember them like they were insignificant, when they really weren't . If she was the eldest Ankhesenpaaten she would have known or remember pretty much who these people were because they were all there in Amarna every last one of them i don't know what to say about this guys but it makes me feel yet again skeptical about my very one story.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Watched an interesting news item on the BBC this morning talking about how many Americans are getting high and or depressed on opiate based painkillers. There seems to be a lot of it about lately. :py
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Frater if I rememeber rightly you were only very young when many of the things you claim happened to you, we have asked you questions and you replied that you didn't recall. If we are to accept your stories then you must also accept her memories too.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Dusak wrote:Watched an interesting news item on the BBC this morning talking about how many Americans are getting high and or depressed on opiate based painkillers. There seems to be a lot of it about lately. :py
Well, I certainly hope you did not get too high last night Dusak, that is of course, if you did manage to find some one to give you a headache tablet. :wi .
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

The illogical thing about all this is that the ancient Egyptians did not believe in reincarnation yet you have these people claiming they are reincarnated Egyptians. So how does that work?

And then you also have the fact that the true life story of a guy working in a dollar store is just not that interesting to people compared to the story of his being a reincarnated Egyptian. It's kind of depressing that you all aren't interested in him as a person as you are interested in his stories. Your own need to be entertained with stories about ancient Egypt seems to be more important than treating him as the person living in 2014 that he is.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Ofcourse you are right as usual Glyph, that is why he as been asked about what he does for a living, about his family, his friends. I think Frater has told us quite a lot about himself. I for one am not interested in his reincarnation but he has the right to post on here about it as does anyone else.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

You know what Glyph I understand your view points but just because i claim to be a living relative of someone from the ancient past doesn't make me a nut case. I'm perfectly mentally healthy but to be honest with you i'm deeply depressed about my living conditions and the way my life ended up. I hate the environment that I live in and I dislike the people who came in and out of my life.

My soul wants to break free but my flesh seems to bound by my circumstances i'm like a bird that doesn't know how to fly yet literally I'm stuck in a whole. To be fair my claims is also making depressed because I feel as though I will never be able to prove my story.

Glyph if you had to walk in my shoes you probably would be very unhappy too.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Frater0082 wrote:Glyph if you had to walk in my shoes you probably would be very unhappy too.
unless you have the same size feet!

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Brian Yare wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:Glyph if you had to walk in my shoes you probably would be very unhappy too.
unless you have the same size feet!

Lol thanks Brian I really needed a laugh just going through some stuff inside right about now
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have you always lived in eastern USA? Have you ever thought about moving to the west coast? Lots more progressive thinkers here..........
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Have you always lived in eastern USA? Have you ever thought about moving to the west coast? Lots more progressive thinkers here..........
Why yes I have I've lived in South Carolina my entire life and have been outside the state a few times. I was foster care in the early half of my life and live in a different county and moved back with my mom, which to this day I feel was a mistake because there was nothing but drama waiting for my brother,sister and I. Even the foster mom wasn't all that

I would really like to move somewhere up North in America just to start over thus to forget the people that has done me wrong and the hardships that i'm endured over the years. I'm so afraid though I never moved on my own before but i'm dying I finish school completely, I want to go on and get my bachelor's and move on.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

again I feel like a bird that cannot fly that keeps falling out of the nest but can't fly.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

The Truth Uncovered + Synchronicity.
My long term mate Big Nose (the pop star & famous sculptor) Nick who also has a personnel identity crisis with JC introduced me to his new girlfriend 2 years ago tomorrow on Halloween Night, she Sim is from Transylvania it transpires that 37 years ago when I was travelling I had a 6 month liaison with her Mum in Romania so now my bas***d daughter is sleeping with my best mate of which I totally disapprove, but on the plus side she is looking after my flat and is starting an architects firm here, so one never knows if one has strange family connections.
David Thewlis the actor believes he is a brother to Nick due to Nick's father Bruce being in Blackpool around about 9 months prior to his birth, believe what you want, but hurt no-one because of that belief.
My daughter 'chewing-face with Jesus… :cool:
Ps: as a new father this hurts but least I never paid any maintenance..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.