Are the Meidum Geese fakes?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Are the Meidum Geese fakes?

Post by newcastle »

Oh dear....another illusion shattered?

Shocking Discovery: Egypt's 'Mona Lisa' May Be a Fake
The ancient Egyptian masterpiece, supposedly found in a tomb built by the pharaoh Senfru was actually created in the 19th century, says one archaeologist who also discovered hints of a Pyramid Age painting beneath this piece of art.
LIVESCIENCE.COM

http://www.livescience.com/50309-egypti ... -fake.html

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Are the Meidum Geese fakes?

Post by Who2 »

Bless the copyist and the deceiver he who's works go unrecognised, hiding his talents behind the greats.
My Mum got me into antiques when I was nipper with my Dad checking everything for woodworm, I really love the skills of the artisan whatever is their chosen expression. I started bidding at auctions aged 10… I would be worth a fortune today if I still had everything that has passed through my hands…
'Que. sera sera… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote:Bless the copyist and the deceiver he who's works go unrecognised, hiding his talents behind the greats.
My Mum got me into antiques when I was nipper with my Dad checking everything for woodworm, I really love the skills of the artisan whatever is their chosen expression. I started bidding at auctions aged 10… I would be worth a fortune today if I still had everything that has passed through my hands…
And the original owners of all their stuff that passed through your hands in years gone by would be as well. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
Who2 wrote:Bless the copyist and the deceiver he who's works go unrecognised, hiding his talents behind the greats.
And the original owners of all their stuff that passed through your hands in years gone by would be as well. :lol:
:snig: