Tut's Tomb

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Tut's Tomb

Post by Glyphdoctor »

What do you do for a living, A4? Or do you have to work for a living at all?

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:What do you do for a living, A4? Or do you have to work for a living at all?
Strange question Glyphdoctor, though you seem to answer it yourself.

As you, and probably one or two others in the past have checked my profile, I was up until recently a quite humble West Bank road sweeper, full stop. :wi .
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Doing a good job too A four, walking along today thought to myself how clean the roads seemed to be.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

He can do a mean tour of east end pubs and eateries. Thankfully, he doesn't charge for the privilege :lol:
ToonTraveller

Post by ToonTraveller »

A-Four wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:In the event that the proposed corridor or chamber contains a burial, why is Nefertiti the prime candidate? Might we even find a cache containing Akhenaten, his daughters, Smenkare, etc.? Only time will tell. But well done to Nicholas Reeves for the results so far.
Well, I am going to let you Brian, and our few loyal followers on this site into a little secret, but don't tell the usual riff raff that these days frequent the Marsam

Dear old Nick Reeves years ago, did a little work with the Japanese on WV 22. Now if you look careful at the floor plan of that tomb, you will see a similarity to that of KV 62, though the scale is much reduced in Tutankhamen's tomb. Study carefully where the sarcophagus of Amenophis III is placed. In the same part of KV62 this was walled up.

Look carefully at the two separate chambers in WV 22, and first you will notice that these were cut supposedly for Amenophis's two wives, to be interned on death, whether they were is debatable. However that is not important, what is, is the fact that Reeves is now looking at two walled up tombs on the north and western walls of KV 62 that are in the exact same positions that are relevant to those as known in WV 22.

Not a lot of people know this,........A-Four :wi .
A-Four do you think Howard Carter had an inkling that there may be additional rooms off the burial chamber in KV-62? He would also have been familiar with KV 22.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Hello ToonTraveller,

Thank you for your questions, which of course you are correct on both without a shadow of a doubt. We can learn this fact about KV 62 from the private notes of Howard Carter, some of which are in the Griffin.

Carter did some quite detailed work on WV 22 right up to the time he started the search for KV62. Similarly, Reeves also knows these two tombs very well, plus the fact that they are both very good detectives in this field of work, which is most important, especially now in this modern era.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Sorry ToonTravellor, where I wrote Griffin, that's an old pet name for the place, I really meant to write Griffith institute.

The Griffin in London is a place where the Dr on this site may be familiar with. :wi
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

newcastle wrote:Tutankhamun: Great golden face mask was actually made for his mother Nefertiti.

New research by the British Egyptologist, Nicholas Reeves, has revealed that it was originally made for a female pharaoh, probably the famously beautiful ancient Egyptian queen, normally known to the public today as Nefertiti.

The evidence that Dr Reeves​ has found,​ suggesting​ that ​Tutankhamun's large​, elaborate gold death mask​ was (apart from its personalized​ facial features) made for his mother​ (or possibly step-mother), Nefertiti, has come from a detailed re-examination of an inscription on the artefact assigning it to Tutankhamun. Very careful examination of the hieroglyphic text shows that the king’s names were actually inscribed over an earlier individual’s names which appear to have given the full official nomenclature used by Nefertiti after she had become co-pharaoh of Egypt – namely Ankhkheperure-Meryt-Neferkheperure Neferneferuaten (literally meaning ‘Living Manifestation of the Sun God, Beloved of Akhenaten, Beauty of Beauties of the Disk of the Sun’).

A decade after Akhenaten and Nefertiti had launched their religious revolution, some evidence suggests that Egypt may have been hit by a terrible epidemic. Desperate to ensure the continuation of his new monotheistic religion, and perhaps fearful of death, Akhenaten decided to appoint his queen, Nefertiti, as co-ruler. He did so just in the nick of time – for within a few months he did indeed die. His young eight year old son, Tutankhamun (at that stage called Tutankhaten), became pharaoh and Nefertiti (now only using her new longer pharaonic name) continued as co-ruler with him, says a leading historian of the period, Dr Aidan Dodson of the University of Bristol, author of two major books on the era – Amarna Sunrise and Amarna Sunset.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 53156.html
Interesting I had never heard the theory of a co-rule with Tutankhamen before. I wonder what evidence backs this? I had heard of a co rule between Akhenaton and his father.

How did Akhenaton die? I have never read any theories on this.
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Any news yet? I want to know what's going on in that tomb its been a while since we heard any news from Egypt. What's going on down there?
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No, but presumably we will know by the end of the year
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

What thats too long I can't stand the wait. :(
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Bernard reports that Nicholas Reeves is saying nothing yet.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I wish I was a fly on a wall over there I would've gotten all the juicy info
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Or be squashed by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

I think if there is a tomb that it may reveal hopefully on its walks some of the missing Amarna story. But will the body still be there. The evidence that the funeral gear was used for Tut would make me wonder if it had been emptied and sealed up. If it was Nefertitis .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk