The connection between two Burials

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

The connection between two Burials

Post by Frater0082 »

Good evening everyone, hope you all are enjoying your holidays!

Okay so over the past few days I've been thinking about the burial situation of Queen Tiye and the the Younger Lady and it dawned on me that some of the items that were found in Tut's tomb may have actually been owned by both Queen Tiye and the Younger Lady( who's Nefertiti within my eyes.) It all makes sense why certain items were found in his tomb that didn't belong to him because they were removed from the burial chamber of these two Queens and into Tut's tomb.

Thos also led to the conclusion that perhaps Queen Tiye was sharing a tomb with that of her daughter or son which makes me also think that Prince Thutmosis was buried in another tomb somewhere in the Valley of the Kings or somewhere and a tomb has yet to have been discovered.

the list of items goes adjacent to the items that would be given to someone in their passing in those tombs

Meritaten is mentioned on gold daisies that decorated a garment found in Tutankhamen's tomb.
A box with the name of Neferneferure on it

These our funerary items but not for the persons who name are on them, they are gifts for the dead to take into the afterlife and m guess that these were gifts given during the passing of Queen Tiye or Nefertiti.

Although this hasn't been proven the fact, upon the ravaging of the Amarna tombs during the ancient days, it's my assumption that a worried Tut moved the burials of his closest relatives into locations that were secret only to the priests and Kings. I bet that the burial equipment that was used for the two queens were from the time that they were buried and before.

In other words, mentioning of the name Neferneferuaten may be in reference of Nefertiti as her stature of Great Royal Wife, not Pharoah. Which brings up another nod to the Nefertiti assumption. If the Younger Lady is someone other than Nefertiti how come there are no grave goods in reference to Tut and his mother. One would think that the boy would've kept a lot of memorandum of his deceased mother, not someone that wasn't. Regardless if he knew her or not he would've kept something in memory of her.

There is no mention of Kiya what's so ever in the tomb, so it's not her.

There is no mention of Beketaten in his tomb, so it's not her either or otherwise, we would've seen a lot of things in reference to her as well.

There is no question that there is a lot of things belonged to the former Great Wife within Tut's tomb than any other royal within the family and I'm not surprised at all because there seemed to have been a really close connection between Tutankhamun and the Great Royal Wife.

Anyhow back to the connection between the secret chamber and Tut's tomb. There was no grave robbery involved it was a simple case where a young boy wanted to make sure that his mother and grandmother were out of harms ways and he did just that protected them the best way he could.

Finally, I'm sure you guys would probably ask the question about the above statement like; if that is so then why was the Younger Lady's mummy desecrated the way it was? Well, I have a simple answer for that as well.

I think(As you all know) the damage to the face was the caused of death well necessarily. The wound may have been severe but it may not indirectly kill her. I think the stab wound and the choking on the blood was the result of the Younger Lady's demise. She may have lived hours or seconds after this but i.. I'm not getting into this.

The damage to the chest was done most likely by someone who hated this woman when she was alive. I feel as though it was a priest or someone within that line. Her position and power may have been viewed to be threatening by some of the Priests of Amun and they did this out of anger.

Overall the question that we have to ask ourselves or should've asked ourselves is why someone would go out there way to kill one of Tiye's daughter, specifically the mother of Tutankhamun.

Was she a rival of Power?
Was there a jealousy?

For me the questions are opposite. Remember there are two sides to every story. Now, I honestly think that the grave goods found in Tutankhamun were from the burials of Queen Tiye and Nefertiti(oops...The Younger Lady).

It took me a moment to come up with this statement and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it but I do miss hearing your opinions and i'm looking forward in hearing them all.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The connection between two Burials

Post by Who2 »

You should really pop over stay in The Marsam Hotel and chat all evening long with archeologists that know stuff..
You'd have a great time wondering your days over temples & tombs....'one day eh?..... 8)
Ahmed Tayb Abd Elrasoul
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

a)
Now, I honestly think that the grave goods found in Tutankhamun were from the burials of Queen Tiye and Nefertiti
A conclusion reached by Howard Carter when he opened the tomb, and confirmed by most egyptologists ever since. You're a bit late on this one!

b)
I think(As you all know) the damage to the face was the caused of death well necessarily..............
The damage to the chest was done most likely by someone who hated this woman when she was alive
What makes you think any of the damage was pre-mortem? Mummies were regularly unwrapped and damaged by tomb robbers. Any suggestion the mummy was deliberately desecrated by priests or anyone else, or that the facial damage was pre-mortem. is pure speculation. In the event that the lady in question had suffered severe injury prior to death, the embalmers would have done their best to patch up the damage.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:a)
Now, I honestly think that the grave goods found in Tutankhamun were from the burials of Queen Tiye and Nefertiti
A conclusion reached by Howard Carter when he opened the tomb, and confirmed by most egyptologists ever since. You're a bit late on this one!

b)
I think(As you all know) the damage to the face was the caused of death well necessarily..............
The damage to the chest was done most likely by someone who hated this woman when she was alive
What makes you think any of the damage was pre-mortem? Mummies were regularly unwrapped and damaged by tomb robbers. Any suggestion the mummy was deliberately desecrated by priests or anyone else, or that the facial damage was pre-mortem. is pure speculation. In the event that the lady in question had suffered severe injury prior to death, the embalmers would have done their best to patch up the damage.
Why go through all that trouble to damage the face when they could've completely damage the face?

Why not destroy Tiye'so mummy as well?

Thone questions would linger.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Thank you so much my dear Dr for the photo of young Ahmed, who is as I see here, not so young these days. I am certain he is the son of Sayed, who became the main benefactor of Sheikh Ali's will. I remember even in the year 2000 small parcels would arrive at Luxor post office for Sheikh Ali, though he had died more than ten years earlier.

There are so many untrue words of the modern day life of the extended El Rasoul family written on the Internet, perhaps some one will write up the truth one day.