Current price list for entry to the ancient sites - 2018

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Current price list for entry to the ancient sites - 2018

Post by Cyprus100 »

As above, does anyone have a link to or an up to date price list?

We're back in just a matter of a few days and will be initially based in Hurghada for a couple of nights then we will join our cruise boat in Luxor sailing to Aswan and back before we head back to Hurghada for a further 5 nights.

We don't intend taking any of the boat excursions but will make our own options and go under our own steam.

However, there are a couple of things we know we will do, one is Kom Ombo temple which I believe costs around LE 80 per person. But we would also like to see St Simeon monastery while we're moored up in Aswan. We haven't been there before and it will give us something to do whilst everyone else heads off to the High Dam and Philae plus Abu Simbel the next morning.

We're assuming we will need to hire a boat to take us to the other side of the river and back again but no idea how much the entry cost is for the monastery itself. We understand it's a fairly steep uphill walk but we should have plenty of time to do it :-)

Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Current price list for entry to the ancient sites - 2018

Post by newcastle »

This is the latest list I have but I'm not sure whether it reflects increases which were made Feb 2018. ( I suspect it does.)

Entrance Fees - Price per person in Egyptian Pounds (LE)

Cairo

Giza Pyramids 120
Entry to inside the Great Pyramid 300
Entry to inside the 2nd or the 3rd Pyramid 60
Entry to the Solar Boat Museum at Giza Pyramids 80
Pyramids Sound and Light Show 150
Egyptian Museum 120
Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum 150
Saqqara 120
Memphis 60
Dahshur 60
Coptic Cairo (Hanging Church-St.Sergius and Bacchus Church-Synagogue of Ben Ezra) Free
Cave Church Free
Coptic Museum 100
Citadel of Saladin 100
Sultan Hassan Madrassa and Refaai Mosque (Islamic Cairo) 60
Gayer Anderson Museum 60
Azhar Park 15
El Matareya Obelisk 60
Rainy Tombs of princes in Saqqara 60
The tombs of the modern state 50
Al Sarabium 120
The tomb of Mireruka in Saqqara 80
The curved pyramid 80
Abusir 80
Dead hostage 60
The Qarun temple in Fayoum 60

Alexandria

Catacombs (Kom el Shoqafa) 60
Qaietbey Citadel 40 M / 50 N
Pompei’s Pillar 60
Bibliotheca of Alexandria 70
Montazah Royal Gardens 15
Roman Amphitheater 30
Alexandria National Museum 80
Al Shatby 40
ِAl Anfoushi 40

Luxor

Karnak Temple 120
Karnak “Open air Museum” 60
Karnak Sound and Light Show 150
Luxor Temple 100
Hatshepsut Temple (Deir el Bahary) + Taftaf “Electric Train” 80 + 4
Dendarah Temple 80
Abydos Temple 40
Medinet Habu 40
Ramesseum 60
Seti 1st Temple 60
Merenptah Temple 20
Isis Temple (Deir Shelweet area) 40
Valley of the Kings + Taftaf “Electric Train” 160 + 4
Tomb of Tut Ankh Amon at Valley of the kings 200
Tomb of Ay at Valley of the kings 40
Tomb of Ramses VI at Valley of the kings 80
Howard Carter’s House 20
Valley of the Queens 80
Colossi of Memnun Free
Deir el Medina 60
Tomb of Pashedu (Deir el Medina) free
Tombs of Sennedjem and Inherkau (Deir el Medina) *Gives access also to the temple of Deir el Medina 80
Valley of the Nobles (Nakht, Menna & Amenemopet Tombs) 60
Valley of the Nobles (Rekhmire and Sennefer Tombs) 40
Valley of the Nobles (Ramose, Userhet and Khaemhet Tombs) 60
Valley of the Nobles “Khokha area” (Nefer-Ronpet, Nefer-Sekheru, Dhutmosi Tombs) 30
Valley of the Nobles (Khonsu, Userhet, Benia Tombs) 40
Valley of the Nobles (Roy, Shuroy & Amenemopt Tombs) 40
Assasif Area (Pabasa Tomb) 60
Assasif Area (Keref, Anchhor Tombs) 60
Luxor Museum 120
Mummification Museum 80
Temple of Tud 40
Temple of Esna 50
Tombs of Maala Asna 40
Cap tombs 60

Aswan

Philae Temple 100
Philae Sound and Light Show 150
High Dam 30
Unfinished Obelisk 60
Edfu Temple 100
Kom Ombo Temple 80
Abu Simbel Temples 160
Kalabsha Temple 60
Nubian Museum 100
Kitchener Botanical Garden 20
Temple Elsobooa 70
Temple Intentionally 70

Sohag

Abydos Temple (Temple of First City) 80
Statue of Merritt Amon 40

Minya

Tel Amarna 60
Tombs of Bani Hassan 60
Tuna Mountain and Ashmonin 60
Akhenaten Tomb 40

New Valley

Hibbs Temple 80
Dush Temple 40
Alzayan Temple 40
Deir El Hagar Temple 40
Al Ghuwayta 40
Almzouqa 40
Manor Bashandi 40
Ain Aseel and the castles of the hyena 40

Notes:

*Valley of the Kings Ticket (160 EGP) includes entry to the site and up to 3 tombs from these tombs (Ramses l, lV, Vll, lX, Seti ll, Tawsert / Sethnakhte, Tuthmosis lll, lV, Saptah, Horemoheb, Menttuherkhopshef ). “not all the tombs are open all time”

*Taking photos is not allowed inside all the tombs and museums allover Egypt, also is not allowed inside the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa ,and Coptic Cairo (St.Sergius, Ben Ezra, Hanging church allowed without flash) .
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

The latest list from the MoA is in their Newsletters which can be downloaded from

http://www.egyptologyforum.org/MOA/MoA_ ... nglish.pdf

http://www.egyptologyforum.org/MOA/MoA_ ... nglish.pdf
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

It's ridiculous preventing photography in Kom el Shoqafa as there can be no damage done there. It's hardly a painted tomb. They should be draining it of water if they really want to preserve it.
Carpe diem! :le:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

No disrespect intended by this comment, but if you are on holiday anywhere, does it really matter how much the entrance fee is if its on your bucket list of places to visit?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:No disrespect intended by this comment, but if you are on holiday anywhere, does it really matter how much the entrance fee is if its on your bucket list of places to visit?
It was helpful to me last year when I managed to cross Seti I and Nefertari off my bucket list.

I wa able to book Securicor to follow me with an armoured van ,...,and the cash required. :lol:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:No disrespect intended by this comment, but if you are on holiday anywhere, does it really matter how much the entrance fee is if its on your bucket list of places to visit?
I would like to know even if it was on my bucket list, Egyptians are well known for ripping people off big time, even if the price is shown on a ticket i am sure they will have some story to why they have charged you 10x the price. (that's me being nice)

Getting overcharged by your tour company for pre-booked tours sometimes works out hell of a lot cheaper than trying to do it yourself if you don't know the ropes in Egypt, i've heard a 1000+ stories :tk

Knowing you have been ripped off can spoil the experience.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I posted this before (last year?) and thought maybe good to re-post here:

From Facebook.

The Journal of Ancient Egyptian Architecture
20 hrs ·
An interesting post by Victor Solking on his experience using the new passes to see monuments in Egypt. Worth a read!
"Dear friends,
I’d like to share some important information about Cairo Pass and Luxor Pass based on my own experience. First of all these two options are very effective, nice and comfortable for those who plan to see many monuments at short time. It will save your time, money and will make your trip more productive. Don’t forget, that the Luxor Pass has as option tombs of Sety I and Nefertari, always excluded even from the archaeological permissions.
The Cairo Pass. It costs 80 dollars and will be valid for 5 days. You can buy it at the Ministry of Antiquities’ Office at Zamalek, in Giza or in the Egyptian Museum. If you’d like to use the last (and easy to visit) place, you should prepare yourself that nobody knows where you can purchase your treasure. So, you should prepare your photo as in passport, a photocopy of your passport (exactly the same size as the original) and $80 in cash. Please, note: that they will not have any change and the payment could be done only in dollars or euro. So you need $80 and not $100. Madame Magda, who is responsible for issuing the Pass has her office at the second room to the left after the main entrance of the Museum (I spent quite a long time to find her, so this information, believe me, is very useful). You should use some Arabic as she is not a fluent speaker of English. You should also check the quality of the stamp for the Pass or you would have some problems with guardians on sites. Don’t try to find her before 11 AM – use this information to make your correct plans for the day. The Cairo Pass will let you visit all monuments in Cairo, including Giza (with Khufu Boat museum), Saqqara, Dahshour. Be ready to spend some time, when a guardian sees the Cairo Pass for the first time – I met this situation in Saqqara New Kingdom area and at the Gayer-Anderson museum.
The Luxor Pass. It has two options: Sety I and Nefertari tombs included or not. This season you have the discount of 50 percents for the Luxor Pass if you have bought your Cairo Pass the same month. So, for the full permission, including great tombs you would pay $80 only and not $160. If you are a student and have your student card with you, you will pay even less. You will find the office of Mr. Ahmed Khalifa, the Director of Public Relations of Luxor Department of the Supreme Council of Antiquities just behind the Luxor Museum, if you turn left from its entrance. He is very kind but you, again, should have exactly $80, 2 copies of your passport and your photo. It will take some time to arrange everything. Don’t forget to take the business card of Mr. Khalifa with his phone number as it could be very useful with some inspectors. I have some problems with a very lazy person in Tutankhamun’s tomb and a phone call could be used as an alarm. In fact, the Luxor area knows the Pass much better and would save you a terrible amount of money.
These two Passes is a great and very useful idea. But you should also use my comments in order to save your time and efforts. Have a good luck!"

Make sure you note "This season" probably no longer applies.

Note also he says 2 copies of your passport for the Luxor pass. I would have a second one for the Cairo pass as well, just in case.
Carpe diem! :le: