Is The Garden of Eden Heaven?

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Is The Garden of Eden Heaven?

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I am about halfway though my essay on God, :up

Ironically, I need a little devine intervention to complete it, as the difficulty I am experiencing is that I find myself having to explain many other things to make it all come together to be understood, and that will defeat the object of keeping it simple.

Anyway, I am confident it will come, and hopefully I will be able to present this to you in a form you can all understand.

Infinity, Time, Energy, vibration and frequency, are all related to this, and each one of those subjects are an essay in themselves.

Why do I do this ? :cg

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

This jewish encyclopedia has some interesting comparisons to make between the Garden of Eden story and the Gilgamesh. As well as some other interesting snippets
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... -garden-of:

i.e.
The writer of the Biblical story of Eden (Gen. ii.-iii.) is evidently describing some place which he conceives to be on the earth; hence the exact details: "God planted a garden eastward, in Eden," etc. Many attempts have been made to determine the precise geographical location. The most ancienttradition, going back to Josephus and followed by most of the Church Fathers, makes Havilah equivalent to India, and the Pison one of its rivers, while Cush is Ethiopia and the Gihon the Nile. A very popular theory places Eden in Babylonia. Calvin made the Shaṭṭal-'Arab—formed by the union of the Tigris and Euphrates—the river that "went out of the garden"; but it is now known that in ancient times the two rivers entered the Persian Gulf separately. Friedrich Delitzsch also places Eden in the country around Babylon and south of it, a country which was so beautiful in its luxuriant vegetation and abundant streams that it was known as "Kar-Duniash," or "garden of the god Duniash." Rawlinson even tried to show the identity of the names "Gan-Eden" and "Kar-Duniash.

And further on they say some scholars say it is in heaven, and the milky way is the river:

A very natural theory, which must occur to any one reading the Babylonian Gilgamesh epic, connects Eden with the dwelling of Parnapishtim, the Babylonian Noah, at the "confluence of streams." This is supposed to have been in the Persian Gulf or Nar Marratim ("stream of bitterness"), into which emptied the four rivers Euphrates, Tigris, Kercha, and Karun (compare Jensen, "Kosmologie der Babylonier," p. 507, and Jastrow, "Religion of the Babylonians and Assyrians," p. 506). It is probable, however, that the story as given in the Bible is a later adaptation of an old legend, points of which were vague to the narrator himself, and hence any attempt to find the precise location of Eden must prove futile. Indeed, the original Eden was very likely in heaven, which agrees with the view on the subject held by the Arabs. Gunkel, in his commentary on Genesis, also adopts this view, and connects the stream coming out of Eden with the Milky Way and its four branches.
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Also there on the same link noted above there are some interesting comparisons with Adam and Atapa of the Babylonian stories and tablets found at El Amarna- Did Akhenaten read these and decide to return Amarna to an Eden like state?? :

Though there is no one Babylonian legend of the Garden of Eden with which the Biblical story can be compared as in the case of the stories of the Creation and of the Flood, there are nevertheless points of relationship between it and Babylonian mythology. On one of the tablets found at Tell el-Amarna, now in the Berlin Museum, occurs the legend of Adapa. Adapa, the first man, is the son of the god Ea, by whom he has been endowed with wisdom, but not with everlasting life. He lives in Eridu, and cares for the sanctuary of the god. One day while fishing in a calm sea the south wind suddenly arises and overturns his boat. In his anger Adapa fights with the south wind and breaks his wings so that he can not blow for seven days. Anu, the god of heaven, hearing of this, summons Adapa before him. Ea gives his son instructions as to his behavior before Anu; among other things he tells him: "Bread of death will they offer thee: eat not of it. Water of death will they bring thee: drink not of it." Adapa does as he is told, but the bread and water Anu causes to be placed before him are of life, not of death. Thus Adapa loses his chance of eternal life. He puts on the garment, however, which is offered him, following Ea's instructions. In this story the bread of life is parallel to the tree of life in the Biblical story. It is probable that the water of life also formed a part of the original story, and that the river of Eden is a trace of it. In Ezek. xlvii. 6-12 and, with some variation, in Rev. xxii. 1, 2 mention is made of a "river of water of life, . . . and on either side of the river was there the tree of life," showing that the water of life was associated with the tree of life.

Further, in the Biblical story, as in the Adapa legend, man is prevented from eating the food of life through being told that it means death to him. "In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. ii. 17); and it is Ea, who has formed man, who is the means of preventing him from attaining life everlasting, just as it is God who removes man from out of Eden "lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" (ib. iii. 22). Jastrow (l.c.) remarks that the Hebrew story is more pessimistic than the Babylonian, since God even begrudges man knowledge, which the Babylonian god freely gives him. Adapa, who has been endowed with knowledge, puts on the garment given him by Anu, and Adam and Eve, after eating of the tree of knowledge, make for themselves garments of fig-leaves.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I like your thinking.

Now what if Akhenaton somehow fleed Armania, got to Sumeria, came back to Egypt with the knowledge from that place, influenced Moses and lead the Jews out of Israel and took the Arc,
( we know that GENESIS was lifted directly out od Sumeria, and the people who gazed into the Arc all died from what can only be described as radiation poisoning )
thus shutting down Egypt and sending it back to the stoneage without it's power source.. Nice bit of revenge for the destruction of his shattered dream.. :xx

Still, that still does not help us find the Garden of Eden, although, in the stories from Sumeria, it was said that when they had finished mining the gold, they were going to wipe out the human race, as they were the ones who created them in the first place, but one of the rebels who had refused to mine gold anymore and thus brought about the necessity to create the human race to complete the job, took pity on them and allowed them to stay in his garden..

The Book of Ezekiel clearly speaks of a UFO. as God as we know him would not need a flying machine powered by Angels and contained wheels within wheels to come down to earth, would he ?..
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

QUOTE: Jews Out of Israel...
I wish.. :urm:

Jews out of Egypt into Is' Ra El is what I meant to say... :doh: that place near Palestine... :cool:

But I am sure you all knew that.. ;)

Anyone got a spare brain I can have ?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

It's relevant.. 'specially the first line .. :cool:

phpBB [video]
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

God, THE Definitive answer and the Truth...

So, after hammering away on my keyboard, Who or what is God ? ? ?
I have the finished product, and it is perfect in every possible way.. :cg

Spoiler

Any Questions ? :cool:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Now for the Garden of Eden, Paradise, Shangri-La, Xanadu, What's in a name ?? .. :cg

Olivia Neutron Bomb Sings the Answer to that... :cool: I fell deeply in love with her when I was 10... :2luv:

phpBB [video]

A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know
They call it Xanadu
(It takes your breath and it'll leave you blind)

And now, open your eyes and see
What we have made is real
We are in Xanadu
(A dream of it,we offer you)

A million lights are dancing
And there you are, a shooting star
An everlasting world and you're here with me.. Eternally.. :cool:

Xanadu--Xanadu (now we are here)
In Xanadu(Xanadu)
In Xanadu
Xanadu your neon lights will shine

For you Xanadu

The love, the echoes of long ago
You needed the world to know
They are in Xanadu
(With every breath you drift away)

The dream that came through a million years
That lived on through all the tears
It came to Xanadu
(The dream you dream,well it will happen for you)

A million lights are dancing and there you are
A shooting star, an everlasting world and you're
Here with me eternally

In Xanadu(Xanadu)
In Xanadu(Xanadu,Xanadu)

Now that I'm here, now that you're near in Xanadu
Now that I'm here, now that you're near in Xanadu
Xanadu

Take THAT with you, and your Garden of Eden is with you wherever you are..

It Aint so complicated once you overcome the Human preconditioning, or progamming as I refer to it.

YOU ALL Knew this when you were born... But little by little, bit by bit, the Brain decided it was in charge and Human emotion created a fog..

My God, My God, Why hast thou forsaken me... ?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

ALL of this is YOU, Everything. What you give out is what you get back, eventually if not sooner... :cg
Holy Moses !!! We have been deceived, and the truth is pretty scary. But that is in the past. Forget it !!!
If you try to mend a broken relationship, you dont rake over the past or you can never move on.

Do not Judge, speak only the Truth. show forgiveness, and give Gratitude from the heart for everything. That goes a very long way.
YOU have so much to be grateful for, and so much you WILL be grateful for..
No Gossip, no Screwing anyone over, No malice or Revenge...

What you give out is what you get back, that is how the game works.

If you need something in your life, do not pray for it, as that is what you will get back.
more needing of what you want.

Consider this:
You get a bill, so you write out a cheque, put it in an envelope and post it. You KNOW that bill is paid..

Pray in the same mindset as your paid bill,
Give thanks for that which you are about to receive, and know it is on it's way,
do that with sincerity and most importantly, Gratitude.
( For what we are about to receive, May WE be truly thankful ).

Do not even consider HOW it is going to happen, you cannot... Don't let your brain try to figure that out, it cannot.
Your brain does a wonderful job of decoding this reality, That is why I say "your brain thinks it is in charge"
Do not scorn the brain though, This life is infact a 3 way partnership. Heart, Soul and Mind.
So ask, be grateful and trust it is coming, then forget you asked, or your brain will try to trip you up, due to your programming..
You are down in the valley with a limited view, Our soul is up high on the mountain and it sees and knows all. It knows best, it can see the path's.

There is NO HELL, except the hell you do not know you are in.. But that is only from a retrospective point of view.. ;)
No Devil, NO eternal Damnation. Its a lie. The Jew's know that.. :cg

Yes, I speak of Demons, we create these demons in our mind, and thus they manifest, but only in People, and only because we allow them in.
We create ALL fear, BUT fear and Death are illusions.
The Definition of a God. Eternal and can create life at will.
We all can create life, and if not a human life, then we can plant seeds to create flowers or grain.

Our Real lives we will one day discover. Sooner than you think I hope..
Until that day comes, enjoy the Sunshine, and bless the rain.

Follow your passion whatever it may be, There is NO ONE WAY FOR ALL, it's all down to you and your PASSIONS.
BUT never ever hurt another person by deliberate action or omission or lies.. EVER..

Accidents do happen, but we are only Human after all.. Don't be hard on yourself regarding your past.,
Your past is just a story. and Today is another day. :cool:
That goes for those who have "trespassed" against you as well..Forgiveness.
There is only NOW. From NOW, you will change the past and the future..

YOU are responsible TO everything, BUT NOT FOR Everything..

One Day, I will tell you how the game works, Truth being stranger than fiction.. :cg

But in all honesty you already know. you have just chosen to forget.

WE are ALL born Angels, but we can be truned into Demons.
I watched someone I love turn into a demon over several years and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
I was powerless. and eventually said person died by their own hand..then came the good, from all that.. :up
Because I realised that thier life was not my life and I have to look after number one.
Their death Also however proved to me that the demons can never win the game. and thus, prevented me from being the same.
It also taught me Malcolm X's strange message.. "Anger is a Gift". <--- ( do not take that at face value)

Remember this..

phpBB [video]

"Don't be afraid, EVER, this is just a ride"!
Bill Hicks died for this message to mankind, he saw his death coming, a man of vision, so did Lennon, Ghandi, JFK, J.C. and the other Messiah's WE failed to notice or listen to.
They ALL loved us unconditionally. more than our parents ever did, truth be told :cg
But that is not our parents fault as such. They did the best they could possibly do.
It's the System's fault, IF I were to aportion blame for that.

Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Well Bullet Magnet, arent you the musical collage lately. Glad to hear you enjying so many songs.
Cant say I would take philosphical teachings from Olivia Newton John as gospel however :o

As for the wheels on the chariot of God, I am more of the belief that they maybe tied in with the wheels of karma, or the symbol of the cycles of Positive and negative, earth and sky, male and female. The same wheels that the goddess Arianrhod oversaw. Who else would be above the laws and wheel of karma than the throne of God?

As to become enlightened and ascend to heaven ( which may or may not be the garden of Eden) one has to become separate from the duality of our third dimensional existence and be separated from the transmigration cycles of life and death. Be free from the laws of Karma.
Is it possible? Apparently some so say.

To no longer have to be ruled by past lives, or events, and to reach enlightenment, to be at one with God, he who sits above the wheels, so one does not have to return to the endless cycle of life and death, unless they choose to do so.

Immortality not of the body, but of the soul. One retains the memory of their lives, and no longer forgets who they are and where they have been. As all is one consciousness so separation is no longer relevant.

Why does the sea of the dead( where the ferry man ferrys people to the afterlife) make people forget?
Why do people forget where they came from when they are born into this world?

I am more interested in the development of consciousness, the soul, and how the ancient people interpreted it.

I am sure there are many types of beings, but whether they live actually on other planets, or in other realities that some people can access through consciousness I am not sure. I tend to think life is like a playstation game. Some people operate on one level, and they have completed all the tasks there, and think they know exactly what it is all a bout, but there is another 12 levels already operating that some have accessed which contain different experiences and different beings. Some can access all 12, other 1 or 2. Some die without getting to the next level and have to start again until they work out how to play properly.

Some have got to the top and finished, but enjoyed it so much they play again, for the pure enjoyment of it. Some start and forget why they wanted to play in the first place.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Well, Many songs are not as they appear to be regarding the Lyrics. LOVE is a very misused word in Human terms, like "spirituality".
Just like the Bible. It is sort of true when you look at in a certain way, but taking it literally would just be a silly thing to do.
"Hey Moses, what did you say that burning bush told you" ? ? ? ..

We always choose to come here, but sometimes the decision is shall we say. Subconsious..
AT Home, we forget what happened but can see all that is and all that ever shall be. Time loses it's linear perspective that we have on earth.
On earth, we forget who we really are, well at least we do in todays society. That is part fo the great scheme of things I suppose, given what happened in the past.

You are right, Immortal does mean that you do not forget. It does not mean travelling this life in the same body, being bullet proof.

Karma is self imposed, and that is simply because life is a series of belief systems, those beliefs that you hold true is what comes true. is that not correct ?

I like the Playstation Anorlargy. :up

We do of course share this planet with an Alien species.. :cg they are faster communicators than us, and their environment is hostile to our vehicles.
We live in a less dense atmosphere than they do.. Hence the speed of their transmissions and reception... :cool:
It is my personal belief that this is Their planet and not ours.
Handy that the Moon keeps all that water down in the Southern hemisphere, otherwise it would be a "tad" damp around the Northern Hemisphere.. :cool:

' "The Great Blue Ship that sails around the mighty Sun, and JOY to everyone that rides along"... :up Where did "we" go wrong ??? :tk