Black Bloc anarchists emerge in Egypt.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Black Bloc anarchists emerge in Egypt.

Post by DJKeefy »

The rules are that if a URL is posted without a brief explanation then it will be deleted, however the last time I deleted one of his posts due to him just posting a link, I got the same abusive treatment from him, so this time (trying to be nice) I did not delete his post and instead posted the full article, and still I got threatened by him. I will not now or ever tolerate this kind of behavior.

If he wants to stay he can, if he does not, that's up to him, Im not the one WHO holds grudges. :mrgreen:

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ewwwwww ok that makes sense - just trying to follow along and keep up.....

On another note - I also did pick up on Who2's comment about the 'knock on the door' as related to something posted.....THAT concerns me for the safety of ALL on the Forums IF that is really a REAL possibility given the present political situation in Egypt right now (AND wanted to make sure that something he posted that got modified wasn't in any way putting him in any sort of danger etc etc etc)
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"During this time of upheaval people are not themselves and there IS a preoccupation with what is going on about them making for a stressful living situation."

I don't know who you've been talking to LLL, but I haven't noticed any local 'upheaval' to date, and I don't know anyone (foreigner-wise, anyway) who is preoccupied with the current political instability enough to get stressed about it.

"why is nobody talking about what is going on....."

The Egyptians I know, are hardly talking about anything else! Nevertheless, I really cannot see that foreigners talking about it would be anything other than a waste of time. We can have no input to the political, cultural or religious arenas, and therefore our opinions, thoughts or comments are entirely worthless. I, for one, have better things to occupy my feeble mind. (Now then, where's my 1996 Truck Spotter's Handbook?)

I just hope that they don't come and confiscate the property which I bought fair and square, and then chuck me out of the country.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Nothing was modified, the link he posted was the same source and link of the information I posted in replacement of just his link, clearly marked with Source: and his link at the bottom of the page.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Teddyboy - although I've been to Luxor several times my connections to Egypt are in Alexandria and way back when in the day of the dinosaur Cairo (specifically Helwan and Maadi) is where my interest in Egypt started.

Hope you also don't get pushed out of your home too but also hope you have contingency planning in place for a speedy exit if necessary.

I think that people 'talk' about current events that impact them as a way to de-brief and make sense of their situation. This is pretty normal, natural and actually serves a therapeutic value however sometimes when circumstances are so emergent and presenting circumstances unknown but potentially life altering if the 'communication' stops this really isn't good. Talking, expressing concerns, discussion is actually better than silence (therapeutically speaking). Having active plans is far better than being in a 'wait and see' situation.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Having considered this for a while, I BELIEVE this topic should be deleted.... . .

D
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

LLL, I honestly think that having a "contingency planning in place for a speedy exit" is a waste of effort and resources. It also indicates a lack of commitment to, or faith in, the eventual new Egypt, in my view. If that's foolish, then so be it!
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Teddyboy - I think eventually there WILL be a new Egypt and it will be created by and for Egyptians. My concern is how tolerate is this "NEW" creation is going to be towards anyone non-Egyptian? You could be welcomed with open arms, you could be tolerated, you could be openly shunned and/or you could be ousted just as Mubarak was held on trumped up who knows what charges etc. When things are in flux anything 'could' happen. I know it is speculative and where Egypt will land in time is anyone's guess. For me having a contingency plan along with an exit strategy makes prudent good sense. You must be made of sterner stuff my man! :)