Police to break-up Pro-Morsi camps Monday

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

TAL777

Police to break-up Pro-Morsi camps Monday

Post by TAL777 »

According to various news outlets, police are set to make incursions into Pro-Morsi protest camps in Cairo tomorrow morning. In other words they intend to move in and break them up by force if necessary, which seems likely...

Let us hope it isn't another grim day tomorrow...

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Police to break-up Pro-Morsi camps Monday

Post by Scottishtourist »

Are there any views on how this will be achieved?
I've also been watching these reports.
Can it be done peacefully?Let's hope so.
There's been talk that it could maybe be subtle,with-holding supplies,food,power,etc,and that this course of action will force the people to give up and go home.
But,then again...there seems to be a lot of fanatics there.
Even the rhetoric of Morsi's wife shouting "Islamic,Islamic"etc,is rather alarming.
Does Egypt really need any more martyrs?
No matter what side you agree with..the grim reality is that there could be more innocent lives lost.
Sincerely hope that it can be broken up peacefully..but will that pacify people... or will it drive the fanatics underground...to rise at a later date.
TAL777

Post by TAL777 »

Yes it was grim, very grim. A dark day for Egypt.....

Five hundred dead at the lowest count, perhaps four times that many.

It was well predicted that the military would be as brutal as before, but they actually were far worse it seems.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Were the military brutal? The MB want to be seen as victims, as martyrs. They had plenty of time to enter into negotiations, but were not interested. Story of the last 80 years, or thereabouts!
TAL777

Post by TAL777 »

Yes I think killing at least 500 civilians is fairly brutal, irrespective of whether you are MB sympathiser or not, which incidentally I'm not.

They are still human beings believe or not, who happen to have another viewpoint and neither are they religious extremists but moderate of which many Egyptians were attracted to.

Furthermore, many would have been uneducated, easily manipulated by religion, and you're saying they deserved to be massacred for that?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:Furthermore, many would have been uneducated, easily manipulated by religion,
Manipulated by Tv's fridges and lots and lots of money paid to whole villages by the brotherhood who got the money from Obama.
Since 1928 these insidious back room educated Cairean terrorists, plot plan and are the major cause of eastern and islamic terrorism.
Paint Morsi is a PR man for an organisation as clever as The Masons....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
TAL777

Post by TAL777 »

Right but it wasn't the MB leadership who have been massacred but those simple, uneducated followers that were taken in by his party for whatever reason; money, bribery, mixed in with religion, and you are implying that they deserved to be slaughtered.....??
biosceptic

Post by biosceptic »

TAL777 wrote:Right but it wasn't the MB leadership who have been massacred but those simple, uneducated followers that were taken in by his party for whatever reason; money, bribery, mixed in with religion, and you are implying that they deserved to be slaughtered.....??
Of course not!!! But can any of those followers have been unaware of the expected military crackdown that had been announced globally for over a week? Were they so ignorant that they didn't expect a violent outcome when protest camps were dismantled. They made a conscious decision to place themselves in the way of potential martyrdom. That isn't an innocent bystander by my view.
TAL777

Post by TAL777 »

biosceptic wrote:
TAL777 wrote:Right but it wasn't the MB leadership who have been massacred but those simple, uneducated followers that were taken in by his party for whatever reason; money, bribery, mixed in with religion, and you are implying that they deserved to be slaughtered.....??
Of course not!!! But can any of those followers have been unaware of the expected military crackdown that had been announced globally for over a week? Were they so ignorant that they didn't expect a violent outcome when protest camps were dismantled. They made a conscious decision to place themselves in the way of potential martyrdom. That isn't an innocent bystander by my view.
Ok so because of that you have no compassion for them or their grieving relatives. You are saying that they deserved it because they stayed there..and in doing that you are placing no responsibility on the military to have done it in a different more humane way.

Something tells me that if this were Syria you would probably be crying out at the brutality of Assad for slaughtering innocent civilians..
biosceptic

Post by biosceptic »

TAL777 wrote:
biosceptic wrote:
Ok so because of that you have no compassion for them or their grieving relatives. You are saying that they deserved it because they stayed there..and in doing that you are placing no responsibility on the military to have done it in a different more humane way.

Something tells me that if this were Syria you would probably be crying out at the brutality of Assad for slaughtering innocent civilians..
You are definitely reading far to much into my statement I said nothing to imply I don't have compassion? what I objected to was your statement they were innocent! I have the same compassion for their families that I have for the families of teenagers killed in car accidents as a result of not wearing their seatbelts. They made a conscious choice where the outcome was reasonably foreseeable. That applies whether you are rushing from Australia to Syria to support a rebellion or joining a protest in Cairo, or any other location where prior experience leads you to expect violence.

I do believe the military hold a great deal of blame for how they have gone about their ending of the protests and similarly they are not innocent.
Who are innocent? The local residents who are unable to leave their doors without having to run the gauntlet of protest and gunfire. The business owners who have lost their families livelihood through looting or firebombing, or just everyone staying home and not going out to shop.

While I rarely comment on these threads as I feel I have little direct expertise I will comment when I feel people have bypassed logic in their assertions