Sisi talking to DC

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Sisi talking to DC

Post by Brian Yare »

PM call with President el-Sisi of Egypt: Prime Minister David Cameron spoke with President el-Sisi of Egypt about working together to defeat terrorism.
----------
A Downing Street spokesperson said:

"The Prime Minister called President el-Sisi of Egypt today to express his condolences over the appalling murder of Egyptian Christians in Libya by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorists and to discuss how the UK and Egypt could work together to protect both countries from the threat of terrorism.

"The Prime Minister recognised that Egypt, as one of Libya’s neighbours, had a particular interest in protecting itself from violent extremism on its borders and that both countries shared the same objective: a safe and secure Libya. Both agreed that the crisis in Libya must be resolved in the long term through a comprehensive political solution and that Egypt and the UK should work together to support this. The Prime Minister0 emphasised the importance of the UN-led political process in Libya producing a national government to lead the fight against terrorism through strong institutions.

"They also discussed how the UK and Egypt could strengthen bilateral efforts to defeat terrorism, recognising that violent Islamist extremists pose a threat to both countries."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-c ... i-of-egypt

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Sisi talking to DC

Post by carrie »

Strange I read in another post that Egypt and the Pres had alienated the country from the west.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Sisi talking to DC

Post by A-Four »

Did the British Prime Minister inform Sisi of the $30 BILLION + deal for arms, it had signed with Doha.